We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elder Scrolls Series

Go down 
+2
JayMoyles
masofdas
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Elder Scrolls Series Empty
PostSubject: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyFri 24 Jan 2014 - 13:03

Just seen this, now I can understand why the budget has been huge & why they want to charge a monthly fee.

Anyone excited for this, and what your thoughts on the series as whole.

Personally I've only played III & IV proper and there DLC, which were excellent games. Never got around to V as never had the time to invest in it.

I want to play Online but not sure if I will have time play this and paying each month seems rather greedy if I'm paying £40 for the disc which I think only comes with a months sub.

Rule Britannia
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptySat 1 Feb 2014 - 15:23

Sum might of this already, and the announcement of the imperial special edition of the game. Which at the moment is the only way to play as that race but can join any of the three alliances. I know that's a CGI trialer but more I see / hear about the game more I want to play it. So much so that I'm going to preorder the imperial edition but not 100% I will buy as I want to know how many month's I get when buying the game and how much a month in £ as it's $15 which is just over £9. If it's £9.99 doesn't seem to bad but if it's £15 that does seem a bit pricy.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptySat 1 Feb 2014 - 16:00

I can't see me playing Elder Scrolls Online. I never played an Elder Scrolls game and wished that there were other people there to accompany me. An Elder Scrolls game for me is an immersive single player experience, and I reckon the transition to a MMORPG is going to shatter that all-important immersion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptySat 1 Feb 2014 - 17:14

Going of as a group to kill a dragon could be fun and all that voice talent shows that story aspect might be decent.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptySat 1 Feb 2014 - 18:39

I'm definitely up for giving it a go, I rarely play MMOs in a multiplayer style so I can't say having other people there would add or subtract from the experience.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptySat 8 Feb 2014 - 9:50

Seen a few preview videos on GT & IGN, It's looking good. I've got my imperial edition preordered now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 17:14

This has been delayed by 6 month's on console  Sad 
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 21:16

Might be for the best - it's not been received well on PC, and my earlier concern of immersion being shattered seems to be the case. Means it might release as F2P on consoles now.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyThu 8 May 2014 - 21:19

But I really wanted the imperial edition, I might cash in my preorder.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 23:54

So ESO is finally coming to consoles and it's going to f2p well it's £40 game to buy but that's it unless you want more stuff.

Also it's out in the summer which I think is a great time for this.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 9:36

I would have enjoyed The Elder Scrolls a lot more if levelling up was quicker. It has a decent story and gameplay, but seems lacking in interacting with other people.

It's got the same flaws as The Old Republic.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 11:13

If its free to play, I might give this a go. I'd imagine I won't have much to play around then.
That said, I've never properly played Elder Scrolls. I messed about on my friend's skyrim, then bought my brother a copy for his birthday. He went on to get fully obsessed and buy, and complete, the big box set of all the games.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Cube

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 11:20

Drunkalilly wrote:
If its free to play, I might give this a go. I'd imagine I won't have much to play around then.

It's a full-priced game. Also, other than the story and characters, it's not really anything like Elder Scrolls.

Oh, and I have that box of all the games. Really nice box.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 13:10

I reckon it'll go F2P soon enough anyway, unless there's a flurry of new customers now that there's no subscription fee.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 19:54

Well Jay you can but the disc on Amazon on PC for £13.69 of the old modal which changes over to this new modal in March on PC, that it's not costing much and on console originally we thought it be £40 then a Sub which is now gone. Can't really ask for much more.

How's it different to a core ES Cube, I've only played Morrowind & Oblivion as decent story and gameplay still sounds good to me.

And June release even if it's not that much like a core ES, I might pick it up as nothing else comes out then & Bethesda noramlly make half-decent games.
Back to top Go down
Cube

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 9:48

masofdas wrote:
How's it different to a core ES Cube, I've only played Morrowind & Oblivion as decent story and gameplay still sounds good to me.

The biggest difference is the world. In ES games you can go where you please and ignore the main quest if you want. In ESO, you're limited to where you can go based on your level and you pretty much have to follow the main quest.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 10:03

That's fine then as on Morrow & Oblivion I did the main quest first then did things like guilds,
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 11:02

Have they changed how the instancing works? Last I saw it seemed to be a bit of a chaotic mess in dungeons.
Back to top Go down
Cube

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 12:57

I'm not sure about the instancing. I haven't played it in ages. When I did, the instancing made it difficult to play with a friend.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyFri 23 Jan 2015 - 19:37

That's more or less what I saw when I was looking into it around launch. It seemed like a swarm of people rampaging through a dungeon, which made individualistic playstyles like stealth really difficult to incorporate.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyThu 21 May 2015 - 19:21

Not long till TES:O TU is out, anyone picking it up
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptySun 24 May 2015 - 9:21

No, no no no nooo - from what I've ever seen of the game, they forgot that an MMO isn't just a single player game with more people running about.

I have however, started playing Skyrim again, as I never did the Thieves' Guild. So that's 20 more hours. And then I've got to run round trying to get the 24 unusual gems. That's another 20 hours probably. And because I was enjoying it so much, I just bought the Dragonborn DLC.
I was supposed to be playing new things! Argh! Seriously, this sort of thing keeps me awake at night.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyThu 28 May 2015 - 9:16

Looks like I'll be playing with no one from GNamer but if you do want get on it, buy day one or around that time, so you can play any race in any faction.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyThu 28 May 2015 - 11:06

I'll see if I can afford it/bring myself to care. I'm not big on MMOs, especially since starting work.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series EmptyThu 28 May 2015 - 11:22

I've not played many MMOs but I do like TES series and like Jimbob points out it seems to be a single player game but online. Which I kinda like also not much else around June / July time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elder Scrolls Series   Elder Scrolls Series Empty

Back to top Go down

Elder Scrolls Series
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next