We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!

Go down 
+9
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Jimbob
Axis1500
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 2:26

The_Jaster wrote:

Got a question for Andy, I see that I have two things remaining to unlock in the extras menu & I assume this is related to the Luchador mask pieces you can collect, so, am I missing out on anything significant?

Are those the orbs you collect in the really hidden secret areas? If so, then you should do it - the reward is great.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 6:56

Yeah, I recommend getting all the orbs if not just for the sake of the challenges leading up to them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 15:32

cheers for that guys as I felt I was done with the game but I'm glad there's a little bit more to see.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 16:27

andyman949 wrote:
Yeah, I recommend getting all the orbs if not just for the sake of the challenges leading up to them.

Yeah, seconding this. There's one in particular, a long vertical climb of sorts if I recall correctly, and it's bloody fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 16:47

I think I may just have reached that... Pale 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 21:14

So I just now finished the game with all the orbs to get the second ending, not changed my mind on the game as its still great stuff!  Smile I will definitely keep an eye out for any of DrinkBox Studios' future games as well.

JayMoyles wrote:
andyman949 wrote:

Yeah, seconding this. There's one in particular, a long vertical climb of sorts if I recall correctly, and it's bloody fantastic.

Aye that was great but getting to the orb in Sierra morena was a complete pain in the arse. (bloody cheap mega man tricks  DAMN YOU!  )
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyTue 5 Aug 2014 - 21:21

Yup, ZJ would hate that. Laughing

I just beat the long vertical climb, and actually thought it was going to be longer even before the chickens! It didn't seem that hard - all the mistakes I made were because the bloody D-Pad kept confusing up and side. The Sierra Morena one was harder.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Aug 2014 - 4:33

I didn't mind Sierra Morena, it just flicks between 2 states so I thought it was easy enough to plan a route through it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Aug 2014 - 16:24

The bits that made you go from left to right weren't that bad for me but the part where you had to figure how to go up were, so it became a case of guessing/memorising the pattern and not platforming ability.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyWed 6 Aug 2014 - 16:31

I spent quite a while desperately Rooster Uppercut-suspending myself above a single platform, until I felt happy to make a move... or crashed into the abyss. Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyWed 10 Dec 2014 - 9:53

The_Jaster wrote:
So I just now finished the game with all the orbs to get the second ending, not changed my mind on the game as its still great stuff!  Smile I will definitely keep an eye out for any of DrinkBox Studios' future games as well.

They showed there new game Severed at PSX but at the moment it's just for VITA and looks a bit like Infinity Blade but with the visual style of guacamelee.

A Wii U version could work as you would use the gamepad screen to do the swipes and maybe on PS4 as well with the touchpad.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyThu 11 Dec 2014 - 15:47

I honestly didn't expect a game like that from them to be honest & I'm not sure what to make of it, seems like a stylus would be really handy for that game too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyMon 8 Oct 2018 - 19:48

Here's some welcome news lads: both Guacamelee games are gracing Switch, and the original is out on the eShop NOW!

Needless to say this, is a Very Good Thing.  I got my fill of 1 on Wii U, but if you haven't picked it up on something yet, you should get right on that.  Meanwhile, I'm all the way on board for the sequel! Grin (We don't know the Switch release date of that yet, mind.) As Vita games originally, they should feel right at home on the go.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyMon 8 Oct 2018 - 19:53

Ah neat! I saw the first game on the eShop which was a pleasant surprise, but I didn't realise Switch was getting the sequel too! It's been long enough since I played it that I could warrant a double dip on the original - funnily enough, the original game's eShop description mentions double dipping, so at least they're honest! - and I've heard the sequel is more Guac goodness, so that'll no doubt be worth a look in due course. Top stuff!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyMon 8 Oct 2018 - 20:37

Yup and it's out at a time where my current backlog of games should be a lot smaller. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyTue 9 Oct 2018 - 12:04

I rated Guacameelee 1 highly in Andyman's Wii U vote last year, saying it was a "smart game that gets the tone right". I also said that "I had a really fun time playing this". So "there's yer dinner".

EDIT: I should probably type something about the second one too. I'll probably get it sometime, but it'll likely depend on what other forty games have come out that week.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyTue 9 Oct 2018 - 19:00

I wouldn't rebuy Guac if you're going to play 2 soonish. It's a little too similar and I think you'd get Guac burnout. Admittedly I've played through the original like 8 times so the familiarity may not be as obvious to a more casual fan.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyTue 9 Oct 2018 - 20:33

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Admittedly I've played through the original like 8 times...

Bloody hell! Shocked It's good, and short, but 8 times!?

Also can we all appreciate the Street Fighter reference in that Switch trailer? Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptySun 2 Dec 2018 - 17:50

So this is out tomorrow week. First time for anybody on Switch? Or will y'all be playing Smash instead?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyMon 3 Dec 2018 - 17:25

It'll be Smash for me, but I'll be keeping an eye on this going on sale at a later stage. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Dec 2018 - 12:57

In today's news: the Guacamelee series still does great memes.  Jas you might appreciate this one:

Early-game meme:
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptySat 15 Dec 2018 - 23:39

Had a little Guac 2 sesh earlier today, and as Andy and others (including most reviewers) have said, it's very similar to Guac 1, but I played that maybe 3, 4 years ago? So that doesn't bother me. The combat is fun, and it plays distinctly differently from other Metroidvanias (in that it's heavily close-combat and hurling foes around, rather than shooty shooty Samus or Axiom Verge style). Also I got the "y can't guac crawl" achievement today which made me titter.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptySun 16 Dec 2018 - 18:52

It's definitely a very different beast to most other Metroidvanias (possibly Samus Returns is the closest I can think of, due to the physicality of the counter)... while being very similar to its prequel. Its prequel was belting, however, and I can't play it for the first time again!

The memes are still funny, too. What with Calaca basically quoting [REDACTED] in the opening bout.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyMon 17 Dec 2018 - 10:14

Baubleadeer wrote:
The memes are still funny, too. What with Calaca basically quoting [REDACTED] in the opening bout.

Nah man, just you wait until you get to the return of the memes I was referencing.

The games references throughout are excellent but the "meme" humour of the original has largely gone, and that's a good thing, apart from how they brilliantly bring it back.

I finished this anyway, although not 100% - I unlocked the secret final area (which was a challenge itself) but immediately failed on the first room of platforming. I should go back but one thing has bugged for me so I literally can't get 100% now without restarting the whole game Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 EmptyTue 18 Dec 2018 - 20:07

Sad indeed, sorry to read that. Fingers crossed I can avoid the bug/they can patch it out...

This is your reminder that the Guacamelee games get bloody hard in places, something I'd forgotten until recently. And I'm only in the Jade Temple! One wonders how hard they'll become later... Pale
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!   Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch! - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Guacameelee Juan and 2: Now on Switch!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next