Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949

Go down 
+15
Jimbob
fronkhead
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Cube
ZeroJones
Balladeer
masofdas
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Should there be a vote for both retail and overall 3DS game or just retail?
Just a retail top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 Vote_lcap36%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 36% [ 4 ]
Both retail and an overall top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 Vote_lcap18%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
Retail top 5 and an overall top 10
The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 Vote_lcap45%The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 Vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 17:16

andyman949 wrote:
I didn't realise they were the rules in the old thread Embarrassed I like the idea of them being equal though, who is to say someone thinking it's the best should outweigh multiple people saying it's great!

Single votes did get the full 5 and count as a first, it was still the thing that stood out above all in their eyes so I saw no reason why not to.

Yeah that's how the rubbish excellent mario game won in the mario vote as more people thought it was great even though 64 had the most first places. The many out way the few or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 17:34

Wait, no. SMG got more votes, so would have come first anyway. First places were only used in tie-breakers, to avoid awkward questions such as "shouldn't Palutena have come in sixth, seeing as five people placed ahead of her and that's the way it's done in e.g. Mario Kart?" Stuff like that. Winky Face 
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 17:49

Cube wrote:
Drunkalilly wrote:
Yay!  I love gnamer votes. It's funny, when I think of Zelda I always think of home consoles but they've had a real good run on handheld.

Well, on my 3DS I can play:
- The Legend of Zelda
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
- The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
- The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
- The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
- The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

It's a pretty good console for Zelda games

Quote :
Yeah but they didn't improve it enough to make it as good as a mario or Zelda game.

IMO, the only Mario game that comes close to the first Sonic the Hedgehog is Super Mario 64. The best 2D Mario is Yoshi's Story.

On my Cube, Cube
I can play:
Legend of Zelda x2 (GBA cart or on collector's disc)
Adventure of Link x2 (GBA cart or collector's disc)
Links Awakening
Links Awakening DX
Oracle of Ages
Oracle of Season
Minish Cap
Link to the Past with Four Swords
Ocarina of Time x2 (Wind Waker bonus disc or collector's disc)
Ocarina of Time Master Quest
Majoras Mask
Wind Waker
Four Swords Adventure
Twilight Princess

It's a Zelda paradise the GameCube is.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 18:05

The Hooray Nintendo Have a Decent Online Shop Award for Best eShop Title

Fifth:

Fourth:

Third:

Second:

First:

I'll be back later with the innovation award!
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 18:09

Who actually has played Gunman Clive? I was considering getting it because it got good reviews, it's cheap, and it looks interesting, but I don't know anyone who's bought it.

I was pretty certain we'd see SteamWorld Dig, Pullblox and Phoenix Wright - I'm just glad to see other people recognised how good VVVVVV was as well!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 18:16

Well that's sadly unsurprising.

andyman949 wrote:
"most of the way through playing it, I was thinking "This is s***" - but I couldn't put it down. The story unfolds beautifully."

This is pretty much how I felt about SD, bar the story not existing.  I found it difficult to put down, but once I did so, I didn't want to pick it up again - because it was s***.  (Or at most average.)  And yet somebody gave it a vote based on these criteria? Meh

I've always been a bit meh on Pullblox, but I can see its appeal.  I've never got around to VVVVVV and it always looked too tough, but again, I can appreciate what I've seen played.  And the other three I voted for.  But I'm really struggling to see what everyone else sees in Dig, especially as someone who's usually a Metroidvania fan, and given that one of its three comments seems to be, "Why was I playing this rubbish?"  Basically, it is my Journey.

Rum Rapture wrote:
Who actually has played Gunman Clive? I was considering getting it because it got good reviews, it's cheap, and it looks interesting, but I don't know anyone who's bought it.

I gave it my second place.  It looks, sounds, and plays like a dream, but it's a bit small.  And, er - well, that's my comment underneath it.  Sums things up nicely, I think.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 20:51

I'll definitely have to give Steamworld Dig a try at some point. Although I have so many games to play that I'll probably accidentally buy it at some point before I get around to it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 21:17

I'm another one who has Gunman Clive, and quite enjoy it - it was a toss-up between Clive and Bike Rider DX in the 'cheap-but-actually-well-good-and-properly-better-than-a-lot-of-full-price-retail-games' stakes. It likely would have been sixth in my list. Good stuff at £1.99.

SteamWorld Dig was top of my list too. Looking at what I had played and could consider for my list however, it's pretty clear that I've still got a ton of stuff left to try out, like Hyrdoventure, Fallblox, and that Samurai: Art of the Sword game.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyWed 9 Apr 2014 - 21:55

I was on the fence with Gunman Clive and Steamworld Dig, but I guess I'll give them both a whirl!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 7:28

Balladeer wrote:
Well that's sadly unsurprising.

andyman949 wrote:
"most of the way through playing it, I was thinking "This is s***" - but I couldn't put it down. The story unfolds beautifully."

This is pretty much how I felt about SD, bar the story not existing.  I found it difficult to put down, but once I did so, I didn't want to pick it up again - because it was s***.  (Or at most average.)  And yet somebody gave it a vote based on these criteria? Meh

Yes, someone did. The ellipsis to what that someone said was "I'm still voting for it". 'Most of the way through' was an overstatement on someone's part, perhaps - maybe that feeling only lasted for the first quarter of the game? Someone should probably take more time to write their comments! Rolling Eyes

This someone has raised a wider question: does a game have to be great (or felt to be great) all the way through to be considered a great game? Someone would argue "No, but it has to be great for the majority of its play time".
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 7:47

Yes, I'd agree with that. No game is going to feel brilliant for every moment you're playing it (eh, let's give that some context before I'm deluged in counterexamples - no primarily one-player game over a certain length), but you'd expect it to keep you entertained for most of its playthrough. Nobody's going to say that SMG is rubbish purely on the basis of that purple coins above-the-water Bee Mario star!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 8:29

There have definitely been games where long sections of dullness are made up for by an incredible moment or twist. A nice example would be the recent Spec Ops game, which was made up of fairly standard shootybang but used that to make a real point.
But games which are genuinely brilliant for the duration, like Dark Souls, will always be remembered better.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 10:19

Did Andy full a sleep as I thought innovation was going up last night.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 10:44

I'm having a bit of trouble with how to type up innovation. It didn't quite work out as well as I had hoped. The difference in how people voted didn't quite slot together an obvious top 5 so here is a very rough top 5 of what I reckon fits together.

The Great Innovation Award for Best use of 3DS features
Fifth:
Fourth:
Third:
Second:
First:

Sorry it's a bit naff but a normal format wasn't great for it and it looked a bit butchered!
I'll be back this evening with the far superior Most Anticipated award!
Edit: now with comments!

Last edited by andyman949 on Fri 11 Apr 2014 - 12:35; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 10:50

Guess my innovation pick covers number 1 & 2 then.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 10:52

No comments? Aww! Oh well, it's fine because you're going to put up all the comments at the end, riiiiiight?

I voted for numbers 2 and 5, but included two other forms of innovation from KIU. Very surprised that the Streetpass games didn't make it in.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 10:58

I'll try and get some comments in there later. I just got very angry after losing the post I'd already typed up.
Streetpass games were so split up over the votes they couldn't really compete. Almost every vote for them was for a separate game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 11:00

I said streetpassing in general Balla, so why I kinda voted for 1 & 2. As quite a few games use it well.

Also was one of KIU things it's amazing control scheme :medusa: 

Just the one award tonight  Boo 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 11:06

Its aerial control scheme, yes.  It played like a dream in the air.  Also, the coins being used for the trophies.

I gave a general vote to the Streetpass games, although it was mostly Puzzle and Quest I was thinking of.  I can see why they'd be split though. How many did they get in total, may I inquire?

Andy, quick (late) question: what was the votes split between Picross e and e3?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 11:08

Sorry I thought I'd typed that into the post! 9 to e, 5 to e3.
Edit: Missed the streetpass question, 5 for Garden, 5 for Puzzle Swap, 3 for Battle, 2 for Mansion. Then your general 5 points.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 11:11

masofdas wrote:
Also was one of KIU things it's amazing control scheme :medusa: 

I had to buy an extra accessory so I could play the game.

I voted for the AR Kid Icarus, 3D in Layton Vs Wright and A Link Between Worlds and steetpas in Kid Icarus and A Link Between Worlds. I think they work better in those games than the streetpass games as they're still good with smaller numbers of streetpasses if you live somewhere remote like Manchester.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyThu 10 Apr 2014 - 12:14

I barely noticed the 3D in PLvPW. Were we even allowed to include it in anything save anticipated?

andyman949 wrote:
Sorry I thought I'd typed that into the post! 9 to e, 5 to e3.
Edit: Missed the streetpass question, 5 for Garden, 5 for Puzzle Swap, 3 for Battle, 2 for Mansion. Then your general 5 points.

Thanks Andy! Glad that someone besides me recognised the excellence of e3, and hence Mega-Picross. And that is quite some split in...

andyman949 wrote:
...5 for Garden...

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 Vzln-AKAdEwzHn6pzzQkG2MEwl

No 
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 1:16

Apologies for the lack of results this evening, I've not been too well today and haven't felt up to doing them. I shall post them tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 1:20

Ah yes, Animal Crossing and the innovative feature of not being played.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 EmptyFri 11 Apr 2014 - 6:13

Hope you're feeling better today, Andy!

~~~

Really got to get me into Bravely Default, haven't I? Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949   The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949 - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Big Third Anniversary 3DS Voting Spectacular with andyman949
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next