We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.)

Go down 
+6
beemoh
masofdas
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
Balladeer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.)   January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.) - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 14:05

ZeroJones wrote:
For me, if Nintendo were going to go down the buying a studio route to 'replace' Rare, it would be either Retro or Platinum.

Nintendo already own Retro- it was founded with their money by ex-Turok devs.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.)   January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.) - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 14:45

beemoh wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
For me, if Nintendo were going to go down the buying a studio route to 'replace' Rare, it would be either Retro or Platinum.

Nintendo already own Retro- it was founded with their money by ex-Turok devs.

... balls. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.)   January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.) - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 18:00

Ooh, I didn't see this appear! Great read, as ever folks. I'll take beemoh's description as a compliment, I tHink.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.)   January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.) - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 20:42

Masofdas wrote:
that's Nintendo's problem really for not making a system 3rd parties want to make game for.

That's not entirely true, remember how a bunch of third parties were on board prior to launch & how they said Nintendo were listening/working closer than ever before? I can't help but feel Nintendo got left in the lurch in a bit with only a handful of devs keeping their promise.

Also as I've always said as far as games go give me quality over quantity, for example I'd rather have one game that I can play for 100's of hours over say 5 that don't last me anywhere near that length of time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.)   January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.) - Page 2 EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 23:41

True but take MGSV:GZ if you only look at the main game of it, it's 2hrs I'd sooner have 5 of those then 1 game that last me 100 hrs.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.)   January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.) - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 1:58

That's not the best example/game to use there as Ground zeroes' length is totally dependant on the type of player you are, if you're a completionist then you aren't going to see everything it has to offer in two hours.

Anyhow, not sure why I brought hours/game length into it as that alone doesn't show if a game is quality or not I should've ended with this:

Quote :
Also as I've always said as far as games go give me quality over quantity.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.)   January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.) - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 16:47

The_Jaster wrote:

Anyhow, not sure why I brought hours/game length into it as that alone doesn't show if a game is quality or not I should've ended with this:

Quote :
Also as I've always said as far as games go give me quality over quantity.

Yeah you should of as your statement was like you'd sooner have quantity eg a 100hr game which could be like of Two World's over 5 shorter games which could be far better quality eg The Last of Us. I know you can have both like Monster Hunter quality and length.

I've said during this discussion that Nintendo's exclusive will be better then Sony's & Microsoft's this year, so quality but the point was that's all there will be on the Wii U. Where's on the PS4 you can get what you would hope to be quality titles in Dragon Age III, Destiny, The Division for example with the few decent offerings from Sony eg The Order.

One of the reason's I love the dreamcast so much as the library is rather small 260ish games but nearly everyone of them is quality but take the PS2 which more then likely has 2000 games on it but only 25 games could be considered quality. So the PS2 definitely has the quantity but not the quality of the DC.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.)   January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.) - Page 2 EmptyThu 17 Apr 2014 - 18:49

Mas wrote:
so quality but the point was that's all there will be on the Wii U.

I don't see why this is a bad thing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.)   January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

January - March 2014 Quarterly Review: Admintendo 5 (Now With Less Admin.)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2