Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When Zelda traded heroism for the murky morality of dreams

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
beemoh
Koopaling

When Zelda traded heroism for the murky morality of dreams Empty
PostSubject: When Zelda traded heroism for the murky morality of dreams   When Zelda traded heroism for the murky morality of dreams EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 17:56

http://www.avclub.com/article/when-zelda-traded-heroism-murky-morality-dreams-203416

Quote :
The moral vacuum of dreams is discomfiting. I’m wandering backcountry Pennsylvania roads, somehow back in college, and I’m outdoors with my indoor cat. I’m distracted, knowing I’ve missed class again. Naturally. When a car hits my cat, I catch the driver on foot and punch him until he loses consciousness. What in the hell is this awful crap? I’ve shirked my responsibilities as a pet owner, student, and pacifist. The dream version of myself just rolls with it, though. Dreams have no moral stakes, and we’re at their mercy.

This screams "overthinking somewhat", but it's an amusing overthinking.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: When Zelda traded heroism for the murky morality of dreams   When Zelda traded heroism for the murky morality of dreams EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 20:44

Quote :

Quote :
Like the best midnight-snack-fueled freakout dreams, Link’s Awakening eases into its Morphean strangeness
Quote :
Link’s Awakening turns into a game about putting one foot in front of the other after becoming truly aware of that inevitable doom. Such a fatalistic march may not have the noble sheen of saving the world, but it’s a more universal experience.

Quote :
The owl is part of the fish’s soul. Of course it is. Why not? 
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: When Zelda traded heroism for the murky morality of dreams   When Zelda traded heroism for the murky morality of dreams EmptyWed 16 Apr 2014 - 21:18

That was well written, sure, but it reeks of overthinking it. Worth a read for joyous lines like the ones quoted above.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: When Zelda traded heroism for the murky morality of dreams   When Zelda traded heroism for the murky morality of dreams Empty

Back to top Go down

When Zelda traded heroism for the murky morality of dreams
Page 1 of 1