Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.

Go down 
+13
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
The Cappuccino Kid
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Athrun888
ZeroJones
Rum
beemoh
masofdas
JayMoyles
Balladeer
Buskalilly
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptySat 3 May 2014 - 10:03

Torres Bros is coming to smartphones & tablet's and will have paid DLC.

Also Infinite Odyssey, Kotick lives in a Lighthouse. I just made Bioshock 4 didn't I.

And on my Game you made Balla, can I add to it and change it slightly. As you can't blame Nintendo or Mario, so Sonic wouldn't really be there. My idea is Bowser has kidnapped Mario etc and is planing to destroy the WiiCast's launch line up. Mario get's message out to Sonic (Sonic due to him being in more games with Mario then let's say Link) who come's to mushroom kingdom to save the day. Each world unlocks a launch title for the WiiCast which would be 6 world's. With world 1 be the easiest and would unlock Shenmue 1 & 2 HD, W2 unlocks SEGA GT 2016, W3 unlocks Virtua Fighter 6, W4 unlocks Skies of Adventure 2, W5 unlocks Shenmue III and W6 would unlock Sonic Adventure 3.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptySat 3 May 2014 - 10:10

I'm never going to live that rant down am I?   

Valkyrie Profile 3: Hrist

Like the previous games the actual combat would still have various characters assigned to one of the four buttons face and rely on smart use of moves for optimal damage.  Like silmeria the system would once again include body part breaking for loot, and also like silmeria you would have an arena to move around.  Unlike silmeria enemies would not be able to change their planned attacks straight after being hit, no more getting hit by a boss's special move simply because you ran up behind them and combo'd them a bit.  

Story would be set in an unaltered timeline, starting from Silmeria's attempted rebellion but going on beyond the destruction of dipan, ultimately leading to her being replaced as the valkyrie.  Progression would combine the elements of 1's more detailed story for the party with 2's more continuous story.  Music would once again be composed by Motoi Sakuraba, the direction would be a cross between the style of 1 and 2. Graphics would be state of the art, featuring robust next gen lighting and all that stuff.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptySat 3 May 2014 - 11:09

Athrun888 wrote:

Which of the many? Very Happy Can't say much about your idea either, never having played the series. Battle system sounds good: just don't make the world a flat and boring place (cough Auldrant cough).

masofdas wrote:
Torres Bros is coming to smartphones & tablet's and will have paid DLC.

Denki would like a word.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptySun 4 May 2014 - 11:31

Balladeer wrote:
Athrun888 wrote:

Which of the many? Very Happy

Touche, I do tend to rant a fair bit.  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptySun 4 May 2014 - 20:23

Er...
Er...
Something like... Little Big Planet... but one interconnected world... and with more fun things to do... and your characters have some kind of survival aspect like DayZ or Minecraft...

Jeez, this is hard. I'm under pressure with the 1 billion quid...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 May 2014 - 11:02

Isn't that just Minecraft you're describing? Create a world, and it has a survival aspect? Minecraft with an LBP graphical style, perhaps.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 May 2014 - 18:13

Quote :
Jaster: Okami-style game. Draw with the Wiimote to overcome your enemies.

Draw with the wii remote? Impossible! Maybe switch it to the stylus (wii U or 3ds) & to steal from other games how about actually drawing your weapons?

----

Iron Man

I think it's high time they made a good game based on Mr Stark, it'd be a third person/flying shooter......really torn between if this would be best set in an open sandbox world (maybe multiple to fly to?) or broken down into action packed levels.

One developer I know who could make it sing would be Treasure.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyMon 5 May 2014 - 18:26

The stylus makes more sense. Perhaps some kind of Lost Magic-like system, only not turn-based because I know how much you love that sort of thing. (That said, Cappa might not enjoy his game, and Andyman's would probably be set in the world of Journey. But you'd have a tank to blow it up.)

So basically, we need a good Marvel game? We've had Spiderman and Iron Man suggestions, and I imagine that Thor would be pretty fun to play as too. Flight, lightning, ruddy great hammer... Might lost out from lack of focus though. Anyway, a Stark game should be fun.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 19:51

What's that?  Another ten billion pounds?  You're too kind, mystery donor who's definitely not an African warlord, and who definitely didn't make his money through blood minerals and child slavery!  Anyway, I've been going on about this, so I thought I should clarify, and this seems like the best place to do it:

Ice Climber U: Olympian Heights

I haven't heard a lot of positive press about the original Ice Climber.  It has a 66% score on Metacritic, and that's with the benefit of nostalgia and a Smash Bros. appearance for its stars (and some of their reviews seem to be for Xevious, among others).  So why do I want a sequel?  Simple: Kid Icarus Uprising taught me that a modern-day sequel to a NES game doesn't have to be anything like the original.  

You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 RetroMountain___Ice_Climbers___by_RETROnoob

You wake up in the morning to find that... I dunno, your mountain's gone, or your cabin has been knocked downhill by mysterious forces (probably that sodding condor), or something.  The why isn't important.  Anyway, you find yourself at the base of a huge mountain.  We're talking maybe Wind Waker's sea levels of huge.  At the very top of that mountain is the plot device, and of course you have to climb up to it.

That one main mountain is your hub and first level combined.  You'll use your abilities (jumps, hammers, possibly an ice-creating move) to negotiate around and up, a mixture of the vertical and horizontal, like Bob-Omb's Battlefield only larger and with less flat.  On the way, you might find caves in the mountain to negotiate, buildings, towns, and even side-characters who have bravely set up their own transport services in the face of adversity, Funky's Flights style.  Yes, these side-characters will take you to other mountains.  Yes, you'll need to bring back MacGuffins or abilities from these other mountains to progress up the main one.  And when you reach the top, you'll be able to challenge the gods themselves - or, you know, that bloody condor.

You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 Ice_Climber_by_Orioto

Why do I want this game?  Partly because few things can beat climbing a mountain for sense of discovery, and naturally increasing treacherousness as you near the top.  Partly for the sense of scale of the massive peak.  Partly for the gorgeous vistas it could provide: snow-capped summits, thick shifting fog, auroras.  And partly because mountains as level types provide so much variety.  From Andes-alikes, situated in tropical rainforest, via desert mesas, erupting volcanoes, and the inevitable snow, to undersea mountain ranges.  Not to mention the caves and grottos with the mountains, or the clouds around them.  There are actually two mountains named after the titular Olympus: one in Greece, and one on Mars.

Nana could play one of several roles.  She could be a vehicle for co-op.  She could be a support character with different moves, like Kazooie, or Luigi in the "Mario & Luigi" games.  Or she could be kidnapped to start the game off.  In that case, you'd be able to choose whether to play as her or Popo, with the other one getting kidnapped, Gunman Clive-style.  No sexism in gaming here!

It'd have to be a Nintendo game, natch, so Wii U (or Wii U 2) for maximum gorgeous auroras.  Developed by Monolith, or by the people behind WW - any team with a good sense of scale.  Lots of Alpine tunes in the soundtrack, at least for the hub mountain, with others having the standard SMG or Zelda-ish sort of music.  And it'd last at least twenty hours, more with side-quests.

I like 20h games with side-quests.

Last edited by Balladeer on Fri 6 Jun 2014 - 8:56; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Bloody ZeroChan, not letting me share pictures.)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyThu 5 Jun 2014 - 20:42

That actually sounds pretty decent, but as for my game...

Hogs!

Of!

War!

2!!!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyWed 18 Jun 2014 - 19:21

Incorporating gamepad pig movement, I guess.  Who would you want to do the voiceover, Cappa?  Still Rik Mayall?

EDITBUMP: Well that seems a bit unlikely now. Aww! 

Anyway, I keep wanting more £10bn games - let's just assume that I have a really generous rich sponsor, okay?

Metroid Prime VR

I'm not the biggest fan of VR, but come on.  A first-person franchise that thrives on isolation?  It'd be bloody amazing.  Spend 4bn on a headset that'd blow OR and Morpheus out of the water, and 6bn on making the most immersive Metroid experience there is.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 0:24

Balladeer wrote:
If I had a wish, I'd wish for three more wishes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 7:18

I just keep having game ideas! And frankly, who wouldn't wish for three more wishes? Anywho, if it were just the one game, it'd be the first one.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 8:51

I'd wish for more than 3 more wishes, that's still too few!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 11:49

I dunno, eternal youth, eternal anonymity, and eternal money would handle most things outside supernatural powers.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyThu 19 Jun 2014 - 18:58

Looks like masofdas has already said it for me, but Shenmue III is something I'd like to see made with that sort of budget?

I generally don't think a bigger budget is necessary, and in a lot of cases it would probably lead to a worse game, but given its predecessors, Shenmue III would be the sort of game that would need a budget to be made in the first place.

Loving all the ideas that have been brought up, though, particularly Metroid Prime: VR, which would be *great* given Wii Remote controls are natural to fit the onscreen action and that game breathes atmospheric first person adventuring.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Jun 2014 - 12:32

I only went with ten billion still there would be no question that it was enough to devise whatever game you could imagine.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Jun 2014 - 12:50

Drunkalilly wrote:
I only went with ten billion still there would be no question that it was enough to devise whatever game you could imagine.

'Doh! For some reason I was under the impression it was going to use the entire budget.
Back to top Go down
Saul Iscariot
Philips CD-i Title

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Jun 2014 - 12:59

Drunken Lando Calrissian Simulator - I play it most Friday nights on my own, in my head so why not?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Jun 2014 - 23:12

I'd be all the way up for any Lando videogame. Like a more suave, morally vague Mass Effect with less galaxy saving and more bom chikka wow wow...
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyFri 20 Jun 2014 - 23:29

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'd be all the way up for any Lando videogame. Like a more suave, morally vague Mass Effect with less galaxy saving and more bom chikka wow wow...

So it's pretty much the way I played Mass Effect, then?  Cheeky 
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014 - 9:33

Drunka's dreams are on course to be ruined.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014 - 12:32

You never know it could be decent.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyThu 26 Jun 2014 - 18:52

I always get a kick out of the Godzilla games and this one looks no different. It's just not quite the masterpiece I'm waiting for.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 EmptyFri 27 Jun 2014 - 23:21

fronkhead wrote:
Looks like masofdas has already said it for me, but Shenmue III is something I'd like to see made with that sort of budget?

I generally don't think a bigger budget is necessary, and in a lot of cases it would probably lead to a worse game, but given its predecessors, Shenmue III would be the sort of game that would need a budget to be made in the first place.

Loving all the ideas that have been brought up, though, particularly Metroid Prime: VR, which would be *great* given Wii Remote controls are natural to fit the onscreen action and that game breathes atmospheric first person adventuring.

Yay let's go look for some sailors fronk.

Also can I have some extra money to make skies of arcadia 2

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 29 Jun 2014 - 12:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.   You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

You have ten billion pounds to make one game. Go.
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next