We've tried beers, they taste like beers.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Bloodborne (Out now)

Go down 
+6
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
masofdas
beemoh
JayMoyles
The_Jaster
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018 - 17:35

At least you haven't wasted money on it when you bounce off it again. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018 - 17:40

Very excited to see the new stream Bloodborneofdas

Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 Bb11
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Miyamoto
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyWed 28 Feb 2018 - 18:19

The_Jaster wrote:
At least you haven't wasted money on it when you bounce off it again. Winky Face  

Rarely do.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyMon 17 May 2021 - 14:25

Continuing from the PS4 thread . . .
Muss wrote:
It would be nice to hear how you get on with each of the boss battles. There are some really good ones in there as you would expect.

I've done:
Cleric Beast:
Father Gascoigne:
Blood-starved beast:
Vicar Amelia:

I'm now at an interesting point where I've got like 4 different options what to do next. I can keep going down to Charnel Lane, I got an item that says I can apparently go to the Hunter's Nightmare, I can to an unseen village with a jail that a wizard sent me to or I think I can start doing Chalice Dungeons.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyMon 17 May 2021 - 19:46

Vicar Amelia gave me issues as well for the reasons you stated. Father Gascoigne is a top tier boss for sure, the sort where you don't mind him besting you for a while because it feels like you're learning something not only about his skill set, but your own as well.

I think the blood starved beast gave me some problems. I stubbornly refuse to get summon help haha. It's a good fight though, a bit like one of those aggressive and relentless monsters you find over in monster hunter.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyTue 18 May 2021 - 1:16

In the first Dark Souls I used a bit of summons my first time through but I've gone back and beaten everything solo. II and III I finished without summoning.

This is my first time playing Bloodborne so I'm dabbling a little in everything. I don't see myself summoning much because I don't fully understand Insight yet and I don't want to waste any.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyWed 9 Jun 2021 - 4:03

I've done a few more.
Witch of Hemwick:
Shadows of Yarnham:
All the Chalice stuff up to Pthumerian Descendant:
Darkbeast Paarl:

Still liking it, particularly when I trust my instincts and play aggressively like the game wants me to.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyWed 9 Jun 2021 - 12:16

Aye, the Chalice dungeons were a nice idea that could've been improved on a fair bit but despite that I still have good memories of doing them in multiplayer with Andy as we mopped up stuff related to trophies.

Btw do you have the old hunters expansion with your copy?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyWed 9 Jun 2021 - 15:32

I don't think I have the DLC. Is it as weird to access as the Dark Souls stuff?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyWed 9 Jun 2021 - 17:54

Nah, you defeat one boss (which you've already done) collect an item off the messenger dudes in the dream hub area then go to the square area of Cathedral ward. It's definitely worth getting it as there are some cracking bosses/weapons in it and it just rounds off Bloodborne as whole really really well.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptySun 13 Jun 2021 - 21:55

Yeah, Paarl was a bit weird. I remember seeing it the first time and getting my arse handed to me immediately, then coming back later and not taking any hits. Without spoilers I guess... I forget, do you actually need to beat it? I just recall it being in a weird place.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 15:50

I've been playing a shitton of this lately and of course, it's been bloody brilliant. Great world design as always and I'm lapping up that atmosphere.

Paarl is optional, if I recall correctly. I fucking hated Paarl. Felt like I was grappling with the camera more than the boss - did it a bit early too, which didn't help.

I'm more or less finished with the base game, I think, so I'm tackling the DLC now. I can do a boss round up of what I've tackled, but conscious of spoilers for Buska if he cares about boss names.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyMon 14 Jun 2021 - 17:18

Ah, just make them up for anonymity purposes. The Great Beast. The Blood Beast. Terrible Steve. The Grotesque Thing. The Beast Beast. Administrator Tony. FM Towns Marty.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 10:38

JayMoyles wrote:

I'm more or less finished with the base game, I think, so I'm tackling the DLC now.
Jesus Christ. I've found a grand total of like five hours to play this since you and I talked on Discord Laughing
Quote :
I can do a boss round up of what I've tackled, but conscious of spoilers for Buska if he cares about boss names.
I think I've heard most of their names bandied about so don't worry too much. Unless one of the bosses is, like, Punished Venom Solaire or something I don't think hearing the name Dessicated Bishop before I see him will hurt me.

I killed Amygdala last night, she was weirdly easy. I've had one encounter with Rom and although I feel I can probably beat him in one or two goes, he feels like a big deal so I want to wrap up Castle Cainhurst before I do that. At that point, I think beating Rom will be the only path available to me.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyTue 15 Jun 2021 - 12:17

Whilst you're definitely right in that boss names don't give away too much in Souls, I much prefer this idea:

Jimbob wrote:
Ah, just make them up for anonymity purposes. The Great Beast. The Blood Beast. Terrible Steve. The Grotesque Thing. The Beast Beast. Administrator Tony. FM Towns Marty.

bridge beast:

an irish werewolf in yharnam:

starving doggo:

dawn french is mad:

absolutely fuck this lightning prick:

sue storms:

in the shadows by the rasmus:

spooky spider mum:

ah jesus what the fuck is that:

ayyy lmao:

cthulu, sort of:

grandad why are you sitting out in the snow, you'll catch a cold:

eldritch wallcrawler:

why are you running... WHY are you running:

DLC - Beethoven has a sword:

DLC - ayyy lmao round 2:

DLC - a song by Blondie:

DLC - dawn french's other half and he is on fire:

DLC - do not adopt this child:

I'm tackling the Chalice Dungeons now, but I'm finding them a slog solo so Jas has offered to return to Yharnam and help me out with them. After that, it'll be the last couple of bosses and I'll be done!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Jun 2021 - 8:54

I've done quite a bit more since I last posted; I think I'm approaching the endgame now.

I killed:
Amygdala:
Martyr Logarius:
Rom, the Vacuous Spider:
The One Reborn:
Celestial Emissary:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptySun 20 Jun 2021 - 20:36

Jay wrote:
I'm tackling the Chalice Dungeons now, but I'm finding them a slog solo so Jas has offered to return to Yharnam and help me out with them. After that, it'll be the last couple of bosses and I'll be done!

That was a fun wee return to Yharnam in the last couple of days, most of our boss fights didn't really go past a handful of tries either. On my end everything was still there control/timing wise when fighting enemies but in that first session I did keep wanting to press X for roll/dodge and was bit confused using the menus/quick items.

What a game!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Jun 2021 - 10:11

The_Jaster wrote:
What a game!
Indeed.

Finished this off this morning. I had a real run these last few days, got into my groove and powered through the last few areas and bosses.

I wouldn't say I'm done with the game - I'll pop into NG+ to investigate the Chalices, and I think I'll do another run one day to see another ending and tick off the DLC bosses.

But I am done for now; finished this more-or-less blind playthrough and ready to get stuck into pods and youtube and stuff.

Maybe it's too early to say, but right now I still have more affection for Dark Souls but it's a close thing. This came very close to matching it, and did some stuff considerably better. I just personally liked DaS's epic fantasy more than BB's horror trappings, and I value the impressively well-designed contiguous world of DaS more than BB's slicker moment-to-moment action.

Micolash:
Ebrietus:
Wetnurse:
The Old Hunter:
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyThu 24 Jun 2021 - 22:02

That's good work Buska. You whizzed through that - Bloodborne took me blimmin' ages to do some of the bosses. And that was a blind playthrough as well!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Galactic Nova
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 EmptyFri 25 Jun 2021 - 3:52

Whereas I actually feel pretty slow because Jay swanned in and did it even faster in the middle of my playthrough Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne (Out now)   Bloodborne (Out now) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bloodborne (Out now)
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: Gaming Miscellaneous :: Nontendo-
Jump to: