Direct-cellent or Dire-ect? Find out on Tuesday!

HomeHome  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
Muss
Monkey-in-a-Ball
Muss

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 21 EmptyTue 11 May 2021 - 13:34

It's definitely my favourite one. There's a pulse pounding intensity behind the fighting which works for me far better than the methodical Souls games.

Because there's such a fluidity to it, I found myself much more inclined to take risks and have fun with the game, whereas I'd always end up grinding out victories behind my shield in the first Souls game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 21 EmptyTue 11 May 2021 - 23:00

It's so so close between Dark Souls and BB for me, but if you pushed me for an answer I think Bloodborne edges it as I prefer it's world/combat & on top of that it's probably the most complete and well rounded From soft game. BRING ON THE ELDEN RING!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Ice Climber
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 21 EmptyWed 12 May 2021 - 19:30

I think I need to go back to Bloodborne don't I? Think I'm roughly at the same point Buska mentioned but something else came along at the time and I've not been back since. As someone who's never played a Souls game I've thought about it and I'd have to say Bloodborne is the better game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Brush God
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 21 EmptyThu 13 May 2021 - 11:15

I actually really like the rhythm of combat in the original Dark Souls. That might be because I played it a lot like Bloodborne; I dodged more than I blocked, and I loved the parry. Parrying is my favourite mechanic in most games - apart from maybe a Bayonetta dodge - and Bloodborne leans even harder into that side of things.

I also like that the way the health system works encourages me to push on further from wherever I'm currently based - in Dark Souls, sometimes I'd get a ways from the last bonfire and be really desperate to find another one. I've heard people mention grinding, though I'm being a hoarder so far and hoping that won't come up.

Currently, I'm not feeling BB's world in quite the same way as DS, but I'm just more of a fan of fantasy and mythology than I am gothic victorian horror. I've heard this takes a turn for the Lovecraftian later though, so I might be swayed by that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Monkey-in-a-Ball
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 21 EmptyFri 14 May 2021 - 20:28

Definitely has Lovecraftian elements to it, although the extent to which you will encounter some of them depends on how you play. It would be nice to hear how you get on with each of the boss battles. There are some really good ones in there as you would expect.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 21 EmptySun 16 May 2021 - 17:42

I think I still prefer Dark Souls to Bloodborne, but it may be I ended up playing DS1, BB and DS3 in such close proximity that I kind-of burned out. Still good though, and I felt like a clever person for beating it.
Back to top Go down
http://jimbobsonofriber.tumblr.com/
Muss
Monkey-in-a-Ball
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 21 EmptyMon 17 May 2021 - 12:16

I played all of them well spaced out. DS3 is probably the game I had the most fun with. Having gone through Bloodborne and the original, I was pretty good at the games by then. This meant I used to help other players against the more challenging bosses. Probably the only time where I have received nothing but nice messages from players via PSN messenger. For that reason, DS3 is probably my favourite multiplayer game on the PS4 to play solo... if that makes any sense!

I can understand why people adore DS1, and I have a lot of respect for it in terms of design, but it's not one I enjoyed playing on my own! Oddly it's probably the game I've completed the most outside of things on the Gameboy. I helped a friend get past the parts he was stuck on, and we ended up going through the whole game together over a few weeks. We beat it again later on, this time with him doing most of the heavy lifting. I think he's on the last few pluses of NG+ now!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Golden Winged Strawberry
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 21 EmptyMon 17 May 2021 - 21:07

The mulitplayer in DS3 really is fantastic! Had a lot of good times either in the PvP fight clubs that would pop up in certain areas as well as helping folk with certain bosses.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 21 Empty

Back to top Go down

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21