Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX

Go down 
+20
NintenDUCK
Admin
oldschool
Treesmurf
shanks
Vidofnir
Crumpy Andy
fronkhead
Athrun888
Jimbob
The Cappuccino Kid
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
beemoh
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Rum
Balladeer
Axis1500
masofdas
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 4:00

masofdas wrote:

The PSN bit is fine, can't moan about being able to replay Journey when it comes to PS4.

This is why it's better to keep your old systems as you wouldn't have to re-buy a game you like or even better yet PSN games should have been transferable to ps4.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 9:06

You don't need to rebuy PSN games Jas, all the ones so far that were on PS3 have been cross-buy. Transfer would be cool but at least Sony are trying, MS haven't got any of it's great XBLA titles on to ONE & Nintendo want you to pay to upgrade a VC game from Wii to Wii U on the eShop (you could of course just play it via Wii mode though) and where's any of the good wiiware games.

Yeah could of kept the PS3 but really has only one game to come out on PS3 that I would of bought in the last 8 month's and that's dark souls 2. And I doubt I would go back to play any of it games really, all the time of the 7th gen I never went back to play a PS2 or Xbox game but did go back to gamecube & dreamcast games though from the 6th gen. And I've not had a 360 since Nov 2012 and there's been one thing to come out for that since then I wanted to play & did play as I borrowed a mates 360 was the Mass Effect 3 Citadel DLC and nothing I've wanted to go back to. Maybe in 10 years time, some nostalgia value I see gears of war 2 being played and I'm like that used to be amazing but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 10:58

That CM policy is vague as hell, quite honestly. Whenever the first few words of a policy are "x is committed...", it always seems to be followed by waffly hand-waving. Oh well, at least it exists.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 16:04

Nintendo files more QoL trademarks, this time in US. Sounds like a new Nintendo handheld incoming?

Quote :
Goods and Services IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Consumer video game apparatus; Controllers and joysticks for consumer video game apparatus; Parts and accessories for consumer video game apparatus; Handheld game apparatus with liquid crystal displays; Controllers and joysticks for handheld game apparatus with liquid crystal displays; Parts and accessories for handheld game apparatus with liquid crystal displays

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=864710

Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 17:23

I wouldn't be surprised, the 3ds actually feels like it's very near the end of its life to me right now.
Back to top Go down
Vidofnir
Flock Step Bird
Vidofnir

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 18:37

I should be happy but it feels like the 3DS has only just started to deliver. Despite the cost of the system and my lack of use of the 3D effects it has become my favourite handheld and Sapphire/Ruby + Monster hunter 4 are my most anticipated titles across all systems.

Really interested about what direction Nintendo will take. Heres hoping for a more advanced streetpass function!

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 19:28

masofdas wrote:

You don't need to rebuy PSN games Jas, all the ones so far that were on PS3 have been cross-buy. Transfer would be cool but at least Sony are trying, MS haven't got any of it's great XBLA titles on to ONE & Nintendo want you to pay to upgrade a VC game from Wii to Wii U on the eShop (you could of course just play it via Wii mode though) and where's any of the good wiiware games.

Hmm.. I had no idea they were cross buy. (shows ye how much I've been following ps4 stuff)

The upgrade payment for VC games covers the cost of them needing to make it playable on the game pad so it isn't unreasonable especially with how cheap it is, as for the good wiiware games question you already technically answered that but I'll add more to it.

Nintendo restructured their entire online store so it was obvious from the word go that some things (wiiware games) would get left behind but as you point out at least they can still be accessed via wii mode.

Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 19:45

masofdas wrote:
EA have announced EA access for Xbox One for $29.99 a year and will act like PSN+ with free games, discounts & early access, it goes in to BETA from today for selected people.  

Two minds about this- I like the idea of Netflix-like subscription gaming (especially if it's local processing rather than cloud), but I'm not really interested in having a new sub for each publisher, certainly not on console anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyWed 30 Jul 2014 - 21:27

The_Jaster wrote:
masofdas wrote:

Hmm.. I had no idea they were cross buy. (shows ye how much I've been following ps4 stuff)

The upgrade payment for VC games covers the cost of them needing to make it playable on the game pad so it isn't unreasonable especially with how cheap it is, as for the good wiiware games question you already technically answered that but I'll add more to it.

Nintendo restructured their entire online store so it was obvious from the word go that some things (wiiware games) would get left behind but as you point out at least they can still be accessed via wii mode.

But Sony don't ask for money and someone would of made it work for PS4 which has different architecture to the PS3 & flower for instance now running at 1080p, so if sony can do that I can't see why nintendo can't have uprgrade for free and get someone to get wiiware tiltes to work with Wii U's architecture.

beemoh wrote:
masofdas wrote:
EA have announced EA access for Xbox One for $29.99 a year and will act like PSN+ with free games, discounts & early access, it goes in to BETA from today for selected people.  

Two minds about this- I like the idea of Netflix-like subscription gaming (especially if it's local processing rather than cloud), but I'm not really interested in having a new sub for each publisher, certainly not on console anyway.

Today EA said they've got no plans for it on PS4 and Sony has said it doesn't show good value, hmm I don't know what's happened between this to.

Also some news

Deep Silver have bought the rights to homefront off crytek and the studio behind it.

Over 4million people played the Destiny BETA, that seems like a lot of people to me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Jul 2014 - 1:18

Quote :
But Sony don't ask for money.....

Nah they just rob it off folk by making them buy the same game twice.  Razz 

Quote :
so if sony can do that I can't see why nintendo can't have uprgrade for free and get someone to get wiiware tiltes to work with Wii U's architecture.

In all seriousness though this probably explains it better: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/01/26/5-reasons-wii-us-virtual-console-is-totally-fair

Last edited by The_Jaster on Thu 31 Jul 2014 - 2:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : waffled on for way too long............Mmmmmm waffles.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Jul 2014 - 12:38

But you don't need to buy the same game twice PSN games you all ready own are free and up scaled etc. Unless your on about TLoU which is meant for me & you it's for the 40% and if you listen to IGN's beyond podcast this week they had loads of leters sent in asking about TLoU such as I didn't own a PS3 and know this has the DLC mission on should I play that first as it's a prequel etc.

Number 5 on that article & Number 2 which says reasonable to charge for extra service but I bet if Sony went well flower is now in 1080p give us $1 if you all ready own it there be up roar.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Jul 2014 - 15:30

I thought my joke was obvious. (even if I do see it as a rip off, yes TLoU and the other retail Ports)

masofdas wrote:
Number 5 on that article & Number 2 which says reasonable to charge for extra service but I bet if Sony went well flower is now in 1080p give us $1 if you all ready own it there be up roar.

You say that like it would only ever happen to Sony, the whole reason that article exists is because folk were complaining about the charge which isn't just for one thing like your 1080p example.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Jul 2014 - 15:49

I don't if your part of the 40%, then TLoU is well worth its price tag and if your part of the 60% then don't buy it. No one is forcing you and there's plenty of other games to play.

I guessed that was the case but I still feel the upgrade should be free like my upgrade of journey will be.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Jul 2014 - 16:17

masofdas wrote:
I don't if your part of the 40%, then TLoU is well worth its price tag and if your part of the 60% then don't buy it. No one is forcing you and there's plenty of other games to play.

I guessed that was the case but I still feel the upgrade should be free like my upgrade of journey will be.

The thing that gets me though is TLoU is a perfectly enjoyable experience on ps3 and the "40 percent" could easily buy that system and have access to a whole host of other great games on top of that.  

I know no one is being forced to buy it (& I won't be going anywhere near it) but this doesn't mean I have to like it and neither does the 40 percent nonsense excuse it either, for me it will always be a quick cash grab to plug up the gaps of a dull launch period.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyThu 31 Jul 2014 - 22:01

But if that 40% wanted a PS3 they would of by now, and not really plugging up launch 8 months later is it more like first title of the holiday season's.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyFri 1 Aug 2014 - 10:45

I'm sorry but that's how I see it, at least it's beginning to pick up (games wise) in the next few months.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyFri 1 Aug 2014 - 11:01

I still think been great 8 month's on PS4 games wise, only a few systems would of had better. And looks like it will start of it's second year great with The Order & Bloodborne.

Some news Michel Ancel has formed his own studio and is still working on BG&E2.

No surprise to no one but No Man's Sky has been confirmed for PC & hinted at other systems but currently is still a PS4 console exclusive but might just be timed ala contrast & outlast but still what a game to have as a timed exclusive.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptySat 2 Aug 2014 - 10:22

Somewhat belatedly (I don't usually look at this thread much, since I go on both Nintendo Life and CVG), I'm really glad that Ancel is moving onto something new. We might get his great games without Ubi's shoddy business practices, and they might actually come to Nintendo consoles!

Or he might do a Peter Molyneux and go to pieces, of course.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptySat 2 Aug 2014 - 11:13

Boo Balla but makes sense as you want Nintendo news and any big such as toads delay can just go into its thread. But I think CVG is getting worse as I posted gamescom news 3 days before them, but guess smaller team there now & they can't do it all.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptySat 2 Aug 2014 - 17:19

Maybe that gamescom news just wasn't big enough for cvg?  Razz 
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptySat 2 Aug 2014 - 17:35

It was MGSV news that's rather big and on gamescom it's looking just as big as E3 this year.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptySun 3 Aug 2014 - 11:58

For me, at least, it's not so much about timing.  It's about writing style, details, links to related articles, and the fact that I can filter CVG by Nintendo news (and NL is of course only Nintendo news). But that's really just me.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyMon 4 Aug 2014 - 2:44

So... err.... a Japanese newspaper suggests some really odd rumours about Nintendo.

Quote :

The article claims that there’s a shared recognition of Iwata being the culprit among management. While there is a strong desire to bring games/franchises like Mario to smartphones, Iwata is strongly vetoing the idea. Iwata reiterates that “Nintendo’s strength is in unified development of game hardware and software”, stubbornly rejects the “net” (seems to reference how smartphones don’t use physical media since they download games), and fixates over “game consoles” – perhaps in light of his pride as a former developer.

Hiroshi Yamauchi, the previous president of Nintendo, passed away last fall. Apparently, no one remains who can defy Iwata. There are also rumors of management scheming to get rid of the president.

Another insider quote shared by Business Journal claims that there’s cultural friction based on how Iwata comes from outside the company (maybe given his origins at HAL Laboratory?). He continues to be involved with software development even after becoming president and there is a feeling of helplessness among “native” Nintendo executives.

Another point worth mentioning: supposedly, managers who oppose Iwata would want Yamauchi’s first son to become Nintendo’s president

This is odd because Nintendo doesn't strike me as a "We'd be making amazing smartphone games, if only Iwata wasn't there!" company.

Yamauchi's son - who they want to replace Iwata - is currently in charge of producing Pokemon animation - he got that job because he had zero interest in running Nintendo like his Dad did... So these people want someone with Zero experience to take over, because of his surname.... Okay then....

This whole thing reeks of bad taste considering Iwata's illness. It's probably the same guy that want to charge people 99c to make Mario jump higher...

http://nintendoeverything.com/report-details-supposed-turmoil-within-nintendo-management/
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyMon 4 Aug 2014 - 7:18

That all sounds pretty good to me. Iwata continuing to be involved in games development, not developing for bleddy smartphones - it's almost like these investors are just trying to make a quick buck.

Oh wait.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 EmptyMon 4 Aug 2014 - 9:46

Thank heaven for Iwata.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GAMING NEWS PART DEUX   GAMING NEWS PART DEUX - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

GAMING NEWS PART DEUX
Page 6 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next