Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In

Go down 
+10
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Rum
ZeroJones
Balladeer
fronkhead
The_Jaster
shanks
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
14 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In Empty
PostSubject: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014 - 11:41

Idea and title lifted straight from Rum Rapture's latest contribution to the Wii U Virtual Console thread, in which he says he regrets trading in Kuru Kuru Kururin. Quite self-explanatory otherwise...

~

I've punted an obscene amount of gaming stuff to pay for the latest things - I almost wiped my N64 collection out to pay for my GameCube at launch, and at least halfed my GameCube and DS collection to put towards a Wii. I've eventually got almost everything back, but I really shouldn't have got rid of Animal Crossing: Wild World, as I'd put so many hours into it and collected so many items, before even exploring the online side of things. New Play Control: Pikmin 2 was another one, as I accepted two quid for it and don't have a hope of finding it again for anything less than ten times that. Not too gutting, but perhaps you have a story of woe you'd like to share?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyFri 11 Jul 2014 - 22:10

Similar thing back when I was a kid if I wanted a new game or system you had to trade in. Used to abuse GAME's 7 day return policy as well and mainly by older used games which were like 2 for £20.

I remember my uncle telling me my granddad getting cross as I traded in all my first mega drives stuff in towards PS1 stuff and they only just bought me some of the mega drive games I traded in.

I owned a Multi Mega which I traded in for a crystal og xbox in gamestation, it was straight trade and the crystal xbox came out that day.

Tales of Symphonia most likely the biggest actual game regret.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptySat 12 Jul 2014 - 2:50

Wind Waker on the Game Cube, yes I have it again now but before the remake I wanted to play it again so many times but couldn't
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptySat 12 Jul 2014 - 8:46

I got so frustrated with the end boss in Mario & Luigi superstar saga that I happily sold it on at the time but its always been at the back of my mind to get it back and finish it. (which is thankfully easier to do now with the wii U VC version)

Another big one was the first Luigi's Mansion, I don't really trade games that often these days my last one was Last Story which was used towards getting a wii U with Zombi U. (& no Mas I don't regret it)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptySat 12 Jul 2014 - 10:34

Well you wouldn't have any regrets getting a Wii U and hopefully you got a good trade in for the excellent last story. And games you get with a console at launch good or bad in a bundle is always good.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 11:15

Great topic! Usually I trust my own judgement when trading in a game (generally if I'd prefer the money over keeping hold of it), but I really regret trading in Metroid: Zero Mission. That's a terrific game, albeit one I never appreciated back in 2004 as it was my first Metroid. But then I played Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion and started to appreciate and really enjoy 2D Metroid, so I'm hugely looking forward to playing this on Wii U VC. Hurry up Nintendo!

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 11:28

I don't think I've ever regretted trading a game in, because my games only ever get traded if I've really not got on with them. Eledees comes the closest, but I only played it about twice and wasn't tempted to go back.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyTue 15 Jul 2014 - 11:39

I ended up selling a fair few older games that I just know I'd never play again (and I needed the money at the time), like Tales of Symphonia on the 'Cube, Skies of Arcadia Legends, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros., Pokemon XD, Sakura Wars, Timesplitters: Future Perfect and a few others.

In the case of disc-based games, I'm not actually too bothered, since I'm happy someone else will be able to play the game and my save file is still on my memory card, but I'm feeling the loss from Dream Team Bros. given how much I put in.

Even though I'd never play it again at any length (it's just not as replayable as the other games in the series for many reasons you all know), I also regret selling Dream Team Bros. just because I'll never be able to admire the gorgeous visuals (those sprites!!!) again.

As for the classic RPGs, I just don't have the time to try and get back into those games anymore. I did sometimes boot up Symphonia to visit some of the towns, but that was just a once every two years occasion. And in the case of Skies of Arcadia Legends, despite being a top notch game, the amount of time required to get back into it is just too much.

So yes, no regrets with those: if I really do feel like revisiting them I'll probably buy them again.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyWed 23 Jul 2014 - 21:29

Tricky! The two springing to mind are Okami and Opoona. Although at the time I'd had my fill of both of them - and finished them! - I could have spent more time with them.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyFri 25 Jul 2014 - 0:28

The game I most regret ever trading in is Kuru Kuru Kur- WAIT A MINUTE
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyMon 11 Jan 2016 - 19:10

Not trading in but when I bought a cheat disc for the Dreamcast, so I could play imports it came with a brand new sealed copy of Illbleed all for something like £18. It was the other way around but I wanted the cheat disc.

Anyway when it came I opened Illbleed as it was a cheap game it didn't matter and tried it, it's god awful, now that game sealed is worth about £200.

I could get about £50 for mine selling back to a yank but still urghh
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 9:33

I've only ever traded in two games - World Tour Soccer for PSP (it was brand new, zero regrets whatsoever) and Klonoa: Beach Volleyball on PS1. I regret that one a lot and really want to rebuy the game, especially as I only got like 50p for it (it was my only PS1 game and I couldn't save my progress on PS2).
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 13:19

Twilight Princess on Gamecube!!! Man that game is pricey now. Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast as well, although all my trades/sells have aided further gaming exploits in some shape or form.
Back to top Go down
DarrenK
Boo This Man .Gif
DarrenK

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 13:33

I have rarely traded in games, especially to places such as GAME and Gamestation. I usually only ever traded in if I bought dirt cheap and was able to get an even better price. I don't think I have any trade in regrets (not to memory anyway) but I do regret selling Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness recently for £60. However, my friend was desperate for the game, as younger members of his family destroyed his old games. It wasn't being played, so I made him promise to play it and love it and take care of it...and then I would sell him it.

Yeah, if I see that game again cheap, i'm picking it up.

gjones wrote:
Twilight Princess on Gamecube!!! Man that game is pricey now. Shenmue 2 on the Dreamcast as well, although all my trades/sells have aided further gaming exploits in some shape or form.

Ouch! Yes, I remember seeing a pile of these in Gamestation on Wii launch day, I should have bought a copy back then. However, I was fortunate to pick up a mint condition copy (unsealed) for under £40 a year or so ago, and it has been on my shelf ever since. That wasn't the intention however, I DID plan to play it again. However, with Twilight Princess HD coming in March, I should probably just wait for that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.shinesparkers.net
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 16:21

I trade things in a lot, as I don't like to be in the habit of holding onto things for no reason as they depreciate in value. It has lead to a few regrets though; I shifted Xenoblade Chronicles as soon as I finished it for far less than I'd have got a few years later.

I suppose my biggest regret was the time I sold a whole bunch of PS3 games and about four of them belonged to Muss... I bought him Bloodborne to make up for it. #UlteriorMotives
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 16:24

OrangeRakoon wrote:
I've only ever traded in two games - World Tour Soccer for PSP (it was brand new, zero regrets whatsoever) and Klonoa: Beach Volleyball on PS1. I regret that one a lot and really want to rebuy the game, especially as I only got like 50p for it (it was my only PS1 game and I couldn't save my progress on PS2).

Must of sold some stuuf though or you got massive pile of games from gens past.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyTue 12 Jan 2016 - 17:19

Mentioned before but my biggest trade regret happened when I was about 7 or 8. We (brothers and I) swapped our NES and 20+ games for a Megadrive + 3 games (Sonic 2, Streets of Rage and Golden Axe).

I enjoyed the Megadrive - not as much as the SNES we already had - but I loved that NES so always regretted it.

Haven't traded anything since, lesson learnt... And hoarding condition started.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyFri 15 Jan 2016 - 1:26

The only that springs to mind at the moment is Cubic Ninja on the 3DS, an average game at best but since it was revealed to be the key to jailbreaking the 3DS the price has skyrocketed, I must have bought it for a fiver brand new as well.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
DarrenK
Boo This Man .Gif
DarrenK

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyFri 15 Jan 2016 - 7:40

Since everyone is talking about how much they sold Xenoblade for, I bought it when Gamestation was looking at closing down. I got a display copy of the special edition with red pro controller, which was pretty much 99% mint condition, for £19.99! I didn't really get along with it and sold it for £80 to a friend who really wanted it, which is still cheaper than most places were/are selling it online.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyFri 15 Jan 2016 - 10:24

Can't have been too much of a friend for £60 profit Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
DarrenK
Boo This Man .Gif
DarrenK

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In EmptyFri 15 Jan 2016 - 15:35

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Can't have been too much of a friend for £60 profit Laughing

It was £40 cheaper than anywhere else. I'm a friend, not a mug Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In   The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In Empty

Back to top Go down

The Game You Most Regret Ever Trading In
Page 1 of 1