We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off

Go down 
+26
Rum
Muss
gjones
flora-chan
NintenDUCK
Dead Lemon
Admin
Xelviar
Solve My Maze
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Luigi442wii
minecrafter7744
Vidofnir
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Gogoata
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Athrun888
shanks
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 9:54

I had trouble with a credit card recently - however I logged into my MyNintendo account away from the Switch and added the card deets there, which then solved the issue. I don't know if that'll fix the issue, and I appreciate you may not want your card info stored permanently - but I thought I should mention it in case.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyThu 10 Dec 2020 - 14:45

I think that might actually be what she ended up doing, to pay for the online sub. But she didn't want her stuff stored so once we got that back she removed it.

Good to know there's a workaround anyway.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyMon 22 Mar 2021 - 22:03

This was brought up elsewhere, but: cheese. It doesn't !&$%2 me off, but I can't stand it.

The story, as I've been told it, is that as a kid I loved cheese. I loved it so much that I'd constantly be asking for it, and drove my dad to distraction. After I'd eaten all the mild cheese, he fed me some strong stuff: I'm not clear whether it was all they had left or whether it was actually meant to put me off, but if so it worked. Now the sight of cheese in its base form, even milder cheddars and them, inspires utter revulsion in me, making me an even pickier eater than I already was. I can still eat mozzarella on pizzas and cheesecakes, and The Lady is slowly expanding my repertoire of foods that have cooked cheese in, but I can't stand it on its own and doubt I ever will.

On another note: people with their masks over their mouths but not their nose. Fair enough if you're not wearing a mask at all, as long as it's not into a shop or whatever; but a mask not over your nose just says that you don't care about wearing the damn thing wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 11:53

A strong Cheddar cheese is the best and I might get not liking Stilton or something as very different to a Brie etc

I don't have to wear a mask and why I've been jabbed already, so I feel I can't say much to people as they'll be why have you not got one on but how some people wear them when coming in shopping is mind-boggling.

Something that does annoy me is eBay's new payment system as they've scrapped PayPal, no 3rd party handling now. I sell something, I get paid and then goes into a holding section with eBay where they take any fees right away, so no bill at the end of the month.

That sounds good as less fees etc just I sold stuff on Saturday, and I'm paid which eBay says can go post which I will do soon as my jiffy bags arrive. Just the money only actually went from holding to my bank account toady then takes upto 4 days to show in my bank account.

I know I'm getting the money but going back to the posting, two of the things I sold are going to the USA that is going to cost a lot to post and why I charged a certain amount to post them. Yet if I had my jiffy bags I would have posted them yesterday costing my X amount but not actually get the money for posting them maybe till Saturday.

I'm not also posting one or two things it's 10 that's going to cost a few quid before I see any money, it's just annoying as I've got almost £400 just waiting to come into my bank. Sure if PayPal was still used they would have taken £20 of that £400, but I would have had that £380 in my bank and if postage costs £30 well I've got it already.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 12:24

masofdas wrote:
I don't have to wear a mask and why I've been jabbed already, so I feel I can't say much to people as they'll be why have you not got one on but how some people wear them when coming in  shopping is mind-boggling.

Are you saying that you don't need to wear a mask because you've been vaccinated?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 12:49

I think he means that he doesn't have to wear one at work because retail workers don't, and because he isn't wearing one he can't tell people off?

We ordered a fair amount of cheese as gifts for people this Christmas since it's a consumable and there's a lot of variety out there.

My personal favourite is a Norwegian fudgey cheese . I think it's a combination of Whey and goat's milk, so it doesn't really taste like any other cheese. It's kind of strong, but not in a cheesy way. Best eaten in thin slices, although I hear the authentic way is with jam and toast! It's definitely worth a try if you fancy something new.

From the website linked I would also strongly recommend the Worcestershire Hop, which is a really nice strong hard cheese. Try a bit on its own to get the full effect. The website also has some nice cider and ale soaked Chedders, which give you a mild alcohol kick as an aftertaste. Shipping is expensive since they have to send it overnight and express, but if you want to get fancy at some point as a gift then it's a good website.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 12:53

Retail workers do need to wear them. I don't for medical reasons, hence why I said I've been vaccinated before likes of my Dad.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 12:53

Yeah, isn't the advice to still wear one even after you've received all your jabs?

From Gov UK site wrote:

Can you give COVID-19 to anyone if you have had the vaccine?
The vaccine cannot give you COVID-19 infection, and a full course will reduce your chance of becoming seriously ill. We do not yet know whether it will stop you from catching and passing on the virus, but we do expect it to reduce this risk. So, it is still important to follow the guidance in your local area to protect those around you.

To protect yourself and your family, friends and colleagues, you still need to:

practise social distancing
wear a face mask
wash your hands carefully and frequently
follow the current guidance

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 12:56

Yeah but I've also got a Doctor's note saying I don't have to, which had to be handed into work.

Why said if I was on the shop floor and told someone they need to wear the mask, not eat it, they'll be like you've not got one on and do I want to tell them my business not really.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 14:17

I thought it was not mandatory in retail. Many staff in our Sainsburys don't but maybe there are just lots of people who work there that are exempt.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 15:50

@mas If you are medically exempt then fair enough.

-----

In terms of shop staff wearing masks I've seen it change a bit in my local, it went from staff wearing them if they are out on the shop floor but not when on the till (as they have those big protective screens) to now always wearing them no matter what.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 20:31

The direction I've been given working in retail is that we have to wear them unless exempt of course but even then those that are exempt are usually given visors so I've no idea what Sainsbury's are up to.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyTue 23 Mar 2021 - 23:55

It's not mandatory anywhere here; as soon as the pandemic started, everyone just did it because it's the sensible thing to do. I see maybe one person without a mask a day, and a few people who can't wear it properly including, infuriatingly, the bloke at work in charge of making sure we all take our temperatures and stuff.

On the cheese thing, I can't really judge becasuse that's how I am with fish. I used to eat it as a young kid but then somehow a switch went off in my head and now I don't.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyThu 25 Mar 2021 - 20:41

Yep, East Asian countries in general seem to have a much better mask culture than the UK, where people treat it as an attack on their civil liberties if you ask them to cover their face with a piece of cloth. Rolling Eyes

I've become better with fish as I get older, but I can definitely understand how someone would go off it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptySat 10 Apr 2021 - 17:40

I went looking at cars yesterday morning through to mid-afternoon as I started at my local Nissan Dealer and basically did a U shape going up the road going to a few garages then back down the motorway to go to a local one which thought do that on the way back as I know they have something I like in, which I'll buy if I can't find anything else.

I couldn't find anything else in town, so back to the local garage and I see the car I like driving out. They sold it 15mins before I got there, I feel I now wasted a day looking at other places but I know it bound to happen if I bought the car from the local I would have seen something elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 9:58

get a big motorbike instead m8
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 10:02

Never been into bikes, and would have to take a test for a big one.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 15:42

I've been really wanting a motorbike recently. I could get a cool little Kawazaki moped on my current license and roll it around town . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 16:03

Think something like that makes sense in Japan and even here in a city.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 19:58

> old racist dies
> everything shuts down to pay false respect during his funeral

I'm not as much of an anti-monarchist as some, and at the end of the day an old man's died and that's not good; but Jesus Christ the response to it in this country. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptySun 11 Apr 2021 - 21:33

It's funny because the BBC and ITV ratings plummeted when they decided to JUST cover Prince Phillip. Most people don't really care about it. My generation was more saddened by DMX's passing.

The Queen however, I can see the country shutting down when she pops it. I'm not big on the royals myself but when Lizzie snuffs it I'll probably shed a tear, just because she's always been there. On our money, on our stamps, each Christmas day. She's part of the British "identity" worldwide and I kinda like the historical side of a royal family. But to mourn and celebrate them in the same way they were 200 years ago, it does look a bit silly. Nobody likes Charles so the royals will see a big dip in popularity in the coming years I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyMon 12 Apr 2021 - 20:43

gjones wrote:
She's part of the British "identity" worldwide and I kinda like the historical side of a royal family.

This is where I stand I think. I hate the principle of the royals: it blows any vague illusion that might otherwise exist of a meritocracy out of the water. However, I do have a soft spot for the traditions behind them.

Not this, though. Not all this.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 0:23

I feel like I shouldn't share my thoughts on the royals after what the pair of you just said . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 9:50

I don't mind them, but can't see Charles being king it go to William.

Looked at cars yesterday thought I done a deal for one, just have them ring saying they wouldn't even trade mine in and hardly knock any money off.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 EmptyTue 13 Apr 2021 - 10:21

Buskalilly wrote:
I feel like I shouldn't share my thoughts on the royals after what the pair of you just said . . .

Laughing same here man, same here...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 38 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next