We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off

Go down 
+26
Rum
Muss
gjones
flora-chan
NintenDUCK
Dead Lemon
Admin
Xelviar
Solve My Maze
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Luigi442wii
minecrafter7744
Vidofnir
Jimbob
ZeroJones
Gogoata
Crumpy Andy
JayMoyles
fronkhead
Athrun888
shanks
Buskalilly
The_Jaster
Balladeer
masofdas
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 20:41

Buskalilly wrote:
I feel like I shouldn't share my thoughts on the royals after what the pair of you just said . . .

Gee I wonder what the views on the royal family of Luke 'Literally Repeat the French Revolution' Summerhayes might be!? Laughing

I won't speak for GJones or anyone else, but nothing you can say about the royals is going to irk me (short of 'Prince Andrew was innocent'). The historical side of things is a guilty pleasure, but... well, if we had Civil War 2 Electric Boogaloo I'd be a roundhead, albeit an unenthusiastic one who's not up for the whole puritan 'thing'.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 21:22

Balladeer wrote:
Buskalilly wrote:
I feel like I shouldn't share my thoughts on the royals after what the pair of you just said . . .

Gee I wonder what the views on the royal family of Luke 'Literally Repeat the French Revolution' Summerhayes might be!? Laughing

I won't speak for GJones or anyone else, but nothing you can say about the royals is going to irk me (short of 'Prince Andrew was innocent').  The historical side of things is a guilty pleasure, but... well, if we had Civil War 2 Electric Boogaloo I'd be a roundhead, albeit an unenthusiastic one who's not up for the whole puritan 'thing'.

Just to confirm, I've been interested in the Royals lately with regards to how things like the Royal African Company and the East India Company came about and how the world is still feeling the effects of the British Empire. They are cunts, but interesting cunts. I have just spent a few weeks on Ancestry doing a family tree and thankfully can confirm I have none of that shite in my family history. I also don't have anything interesting either. Just cunts Grin
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyThu 15 Apr 2021 - 22:25

Looks like the revolution's all good on here!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 20:36

I don't know when it started happening, but definitely noticed it more during E3 season. This assumption that because a game is 10/20/30 years old, that means there should be another game in that series. Seeing people moan that there was no Pikmin 4 or no new Donkey Kong title - it's fine to wish for that, but to be actively disappointed and even angry that a game didn't get announced because a game had a birthday, is a worrying trend.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyWed 16 Jun 2021 - 20:42

Think those two examples is because Nintendo said eons ago Pikemin 4 was coming and Donkey Kong was touted by "insiders" but so was a new Fire Emblem which I did say in E3 thread disappointed not to see, that's all no tantrum like someone.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 0:49

While I mostly agree with you, I can understand some frustration at the gulf between how Nintendo celebrates some franchise's birthdays compared to others.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 10:47

It does feel a bit like they celebrate Zelda/ every other Tuesday, which is obviously great for Zelda fans, but I can see why fans of other games are a bit peeved. Obviously don't agree with people losing their shit or buying into "InSiDer" knowledge.

For me the bigger frustration is that there isn't just a massive library of emulations on the e-store for Cube games. I don't feel like it can be too difficult for Nintendo to get together a few people, buy a studio or two, and just have them work on porting things to the Switch.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 10:58

Muss wrote:
It does feel a bit like they celebrate Zelda/ every other Tuesday, which is obviously great for Zelda fans, but I can see why fans of other games are a bit peeved. Obviously don't agree with people losing their shit or buying into "InSiDer" knowledge.

WHAT!? They don't celebrate Zelda nearly enough! We got Skyward Sword and a soundtrack CD for the 25th, and we've got Skyward Sword again and a Game and Watch for the 35th. Mario, Pokemon and Kirby are the ones that get celebrated (although Pokemon doesn't really count as Nintendo are only partial owners and it's the most profitable media property of all time).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 11:00

Wonder if Muss means because we Zelda thing every year, then you remember Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 11:03

masofdas wrote:
Wonder if Muss means because we Zelda thing every year, then you remember Pokemon.
How long have we had a Zelda thing every year? I feel like that's only started happening recently.

With Zelda at least they spread the work out, with Pokemon it was Game Freak themselves pumping out a game a year!

And then there's Mario . . .
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyThu 17 Jun 2021 - 12:08

Yeah, so almost 10 years coincidently

2022 Breath of the Wild 2 (Hopefully)
2021 Skyward Sword HD, Game & Watch
2020 Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity
2019 Link's Awakening Remake, Cadence of Hyrule
2018 Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition
2017 Breath of the Wild
2016 Twilight Princess HD, Hyrule Warriors Legends, Picross Twilight Princess
2015 Tri Force Heroes, Majora's Mask 3D
2014 Hyrule Warriors
2013 A Link Between Worlds, Wind Waker HD
2011 Skyward Sword, Ocarina of Time 3D, Four Swords Anniversary Edition
2009 Spirit Tracks
2007 Phantom Hourglass, Link's Crossbow Training, Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland
2006 Twilight Princess
2005 Four Swords Adventures
2004 Minish Cap
2003 Wind Waker, Link to the Past + Four Swords
2001 Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons
2000 Majora's Mask
1999 Link's Awakening DX
1998 Ocarina of Time
5 years of nothing

This is not including Virtual Console, which I do remember the Orcale games being a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyFri 18 Jun 2021 - 1:47

masofdas wrote:
Yeah, so almost 10 years coincidently
How about that!
What's interesting, and kind of impressive, is that Zelda still feels "special", it doesn't feel like we have many games. There aren't, like, Zelda golf and Zelda Kart coming up on top. I also feel like I differentiate between a lot of those releases and "real" games.

how it feels:
I know I'm a little arbitrary with things like the 2D handheld games not feeling as "real" as the new main console 3D games, particularly as Link Between Worlds set up some things for the future. Still, with main games only coming every 3-5 years, a side game or remake once a year feels reasonable to me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyFri 18 Jun 2021 - 9:16

That's the thing I think till we got to 3DS at least, remaster type things weren't often.

And we had handheld and console that you get your new 2D then your 3D but now because all on one system and remaster type things, Nintendo letting the IP out does lose something.

Yet I know the main team with Anoma (think that's right) will do BotW2 then not a new game for 3 years or so.

Last edited by masofdas on Fri 18 Jun 2021 - 9:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyFri 18 Jun 2021 - 9:26

I find the whole birthday/anniversary thing to be a load of bollocks anyway. Genuinely get quite mad when I see "Metroid Other M is 9 today" - fuck off, nobody cares.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptySat 19 Jun 2021 - 16:18

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I find the whole birthday/anniversary thing to be a load of bollocks anyway. Genuinely get quite mad when I see "Metroid Other M is 9 today" - fuck off, nobody cares.

Tens and stuff I don't mind knowing about, when it's the whole series, but yeah I don't give a shit about the seventh birthday of Link Between Worlds or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 19:32

Definitely not fair to discount the 2D Zeldas. I do kind of know where you're coming from, there's an extra level of 'special' to the 3D ones that the 2D ones can't match, but the most recent new 2D ones have still been some of the finest games ever. Any list that excludes Minish Cap is a bad list.

On a related topic to GJones', I've grown a bit sick of the negativity around the Direct from certain corners. Honestly I only thought it was okay, but the way some people talk about it you'd think that it was 40 minutes of Koizumi running over their family in a horse-drawn chariot while Phil Spencer tried to stop him. It's still the best Direct we've had in a good long while, delivering a fair few really interesting games, and Zelda's looking lovely. Just because you wanted new Mario Kart and new Mario and new F-Zero and didn't get them, doesn't mean you can't appreciate what you did get.

I'm sure this is how Buska has felt about people like me for ages, and I'm just catching up. Shifty
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 19:55

Sadly it's negativity that drives up engagement these days & those folk will also voice their opinions more that the ones that were really excited by it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 19:56

It's not even people who'll benefit from that negativity though. I'm talking about things like forum posts and replies to tweets - not even tweets, replies to tweets. Also: Matthew on The Back Page, which was a disappointment.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 20:08

After I hit send on that I did wonder if you meant your back and forth on twitter with The Castle. Matthew Castle

He still sounded excited for some Nintendo stuff to me & get why the xbox approach also appeals to him and others.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 20:09

Balladeer wrote:
It's not even people who'll benefit from that negativity though.  I'm talking about things like forum posts and replies to tweets - not even tweets, replies to tweets.  Also: Matthew on The Back Page, which was a disappointment.

The more I listen to Castle, the more I disagree with his takes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 20:14

I see the reasoning behind some of them (like Pokémon, begrudgingly, although not even mentioning it in the best 3DS games episode was almost funny); but his WarioWare view is just off.

The_Jaster wrote:
He still sounded excited for some Nintendo stuff to me & get why the xbox approach also appeals to him and others.

Yep to be fair he is more balanced in the podcast itself, and I guess if you really do think that two of the big three reveals are duff it's probably not going to do much for you. I like the Reboot Camp art style too!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyMon 21 Jun 2021 - 20:15

As I said in the July Games thread, I'm not going to get Scarlet Nexus on Xbox for £40 instead I'll play the the new games coming to Game Pass and use that £40 on Monster Hunter Stories 2 on Switch for instance.

It's really good in that regard for someone like me on multiple systems, guessing simlair for Castle and not like Game Pass stuff coming looks rubbish either.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 2:25

Balladeer wrote:
Definitely not fair to discount the 2D Zeldas.  I do kind of know where you're coming from, there's an extra level of 'special' to the 3D ones that the 2D ones can't match, but the most recent new 2D ones have still been some of the finest games ever.  Any list that excludes Minish Cap is a bad list.
This is why they weren't crossed out, they just weren't in bold. They're real games, but not "the next" Zelda game, y'know?
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyTue 22 Jun 2021 - 22:50

I like anniversary chat. Time and place are big parts of my enjoyment and memories of retro games.

I know I’ve asked this before, but can anyone recommend me any episodes of the Back Page podcast that are about NGamer Magazine? Also, preferably, can anyone roughly guide me to what bits are worth listening to? I’m not prepared to sit through a three hour (!!!) podcast just for twenty minutes of chat I’m interested in.

There’s something that really !&$%2 me off: three hour podcasts. No. Get over yourselves.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 EmptyWed 23 Jun 2021 - 2:40

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
guide me to what bits are worth listening to?

Quote :
sit through a three hour (!!!) podcast

Quote :
Get over yourselves.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things That Really !&$%2 You Off   Things That Really !&$%2 You Off - Page 39 Empty

Back to top Go down

Things That Really !&$%2 You Off
Page 39 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next