We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread

Go down 
+18
Vidofnir
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Athrun888
beemoh
Jimbob
fronkhead
Sentinator
Crumpy Andy
shanks
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
Rum
masofdas
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
JayMoyles
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 9:39

A new owner appears... liking it a lot so far, with the possible exception of the clunky title. I remember someone suggesting 'Super Smash Bros. Riot' on the old forum, which would have been amazeballs.

SSBFN3DS's Classic Mode:

Secret Characters in SSBFN3DS:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 10:03

This game.  THIS GAME.

(Not that I wouldn't feel the same about any Smash game.  They could release Clayfighter 63 1/3 with Nintendo characters, call it a Smash game, and I'd still rave over it.)

I could type several walls of text on this right now, but that would use up precious Smash-playing time and any remaining goodwill I have with youse after the Cave Story debacle.  So I'll split my thoughts over several posts.

For now, I'll just say that the game seems like it might have been a bit... rushed, to me.  Partly due to the characters: we know that SSBM had its clones piled in due to time constraints.  But principally because of the stages.

Excluding Battlefield and Final Destination, those expected staples, seven of the remaining 25 (I think?) initial stages are from previous games (and two others are carried over from the Wii U game).  Stalwarts of the series Donkey Kong, Samus, Yoshi, and Fox: their series do not have a single new stage between them.  And without wanting to say too much, some of the unlockables are old stages too.  

This is a big disappointment to me.  The core of Smash, as far as I see it, is in its characters and its stages: everything else is nice-to-haves.  So for so many of the stages to be recycled, some from a whole two generations ago, is a bit galling.

And so that this doesn't sound too down, many of the new stages are fab.  In particular, there's a (pink) unlockable stage which may be among my very favourites in Smash history.

andyman949 wrote:
Shadows of Mordor is also very exciting Balla Razz I will be getting both.

Sorry, my post should have been despairing at people who were only buying a non-Smash game. Obviously there's nothing wrong with buying Shadows of Snorebore as well. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 10:14

I will admit that I was disappointed to see the SAme Metroid stage again as I have never liked that stage at all as well as the been there done that feeling
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 11:38

My only complaint so far is Pit's move set is a bit lame. Tried out Robin before bed last night and geez that side smash is SO POWERFUL.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 17:14

Think I may just keep playing the rainbow road stage just for the music
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 19:21

The lack of Metroid additions is sad. I am happy with it overall though. I haven't played online so I can't pass judgement on that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 20:54

andyman949 wrote:
Tried out Robin before bed last night and geez that side smash is SO POWERFUL.

Only until their sword breaks, which is a nice way of balancing it, and very in keeping with the franchise. Me likey. Smile

Is anyone really missing the addition of a less ordinary single-player mode? We knew there was going to be no SSE equivalent this time around, but no Event Matches either? Aww! An Angry Birds-a-like really doesn't make up for it (and is more a replacement of Target Smash anyway, which after being neutered in Brawl is no great loss).

It seems especially odd given that, with no opportunity to get people around a TV, and the requirement for all wannabe players to own a 3DS and a copy of the game, you'd have thought there'd be more single-player focus in the 3DS game. Ho hum. Neutral

Anyhoo, would people be up for arranging online matches tomorrow? Hopefully my connection will behave rather better than it did during my attempts at online MK8...
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 21:45

I'd be well up for some matches any evening, though tomorrow in particular I won't be able to play until fairly late; going to see that new Denzel film then having a Nando's.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 23:17

I'm going to be up so I'm in
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 9:31

My 3DS is refusing to connect to the Internet at the moment, which is no good. Once it's fixed, expect me.

27 of the 35 challenges done. It's still huge fun so far.

More SSBFN3DS secret characters:
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 10:34

"A nice surprise"?  Wouldn't call it that!  Wouldn't call it that at all.

That said... (secret character spoilers):

Oh, and Greninja sounds daft. Much more "Gren" than "ninja".
Back to top Go down
Sentinator
Bokoblin
Sentinator

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 11:17

I have 2 more challenges left but I still have far to finish Classic and I've only done All Star with Bowser J.R.

Does anybody know when you are supposed to register the 3DS version for the soundtrack? I haven't found a date so it could be closer to when the Wii U version comes out.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 11:25

Balladeer wrote:
"A nice surprise"?  Wouldn't call it that!  Wouldn't call it that at all.

It was a nice surprise because I didn't know it was going to happen - trying to keep myself spoiler-free worked to that extent. I have yet to play as the actual character.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 12:20

Oh, well done! You succeeded where I have failed.

About that secret character ZJ just unlocked:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 12:57

Seems like some of you are smashing through the game. Or you playing on smash mode to unlock character's quicker then doing in classic mode.

I've just done the first two & half rows of character's for classic.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 13:04

I've got 2 challenges to go and have no idea what to do
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 14:06

I had a day off work on Friday, (s)Mas(h), so I got a lot done then. And I've not done a heck of a lot else over the past two days if I'm honest. Embarrassed

I did also use the vs. match method of racking up a few of the characters. One of them didn't seem to be appearing when I was simply playing Classic.

Speaking of the new, portable Classic (the right length for a portable version of Smash, I reckon), how good is the "secret" final boss? Love it. Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 17:44

Who's the secret boss
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 18:57

When you beat the two bosses in Classic on 5 or higher:

I'll be free for online games at 8 if anyone's interested?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 19:10

Secret boss:

I'm game! You need to add my friend code though Balla, had a pending request for aaaages. Balladeer
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 19:31

I am also game and probably also need to add Jay
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 19:44

I R rubbish admin. Embarrassed BRB going to update Friend Code thread now.

And yup...

Super hard secret boss talk:
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 20:00

Shall we hop on Skype for our Smash fight club session? Even if it's just typing to each other (I need to keep reasonably quiet, so can't talk), it'll be grand to chat away during loading screens/if we die early in a stock battle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 20:03

Shulk's voice sounds super weird to me as I played Xenoblade with Japanese Voice overs on.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 EmptySun 5 Oct 2014 - 20:24

Welp, the famous Balla connection struck again. Aww! Things to do: change connection.

And likewise, Jas. Fox also sounds strange to me - what's happened to his voice since Lylat Wars?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread   Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. 3D-Specific Thread
Page 9 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 21  Next