Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo

Go down 
+7
fronkhead
masofdas
JayMoyles
beemoh
The_Jaster
Balladeer
The Cappuccino Kid
11 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Mani Mani Statue
The Cappuccino Kid

Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo Empty
PostSubject: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014 - 17:09

With all the controversy and anger that's seemingly surrounding the new Tomb Raider game (and more specifically the announcement that it's XBox One only), coupled with the controversy and anger that's seemingly surrounding the #WiiUDroughtAid stuff on Twitter, I think it's an apt time to be asking: what do you consider to be the best third-party exclusive to appear on a Nintendo console?

We're obviosuly ignoring the likes of Mario, Donkey Kong and Zelda here. Also, it's worth bearing in mind that most of the Capcom Five wound up on other consoles, Goldeneye 007 was rebooted onto 360 and PS3, and many of Rare's N64 greats are from a time when Nintendo held a 50% stake in Rare stock in which they were a licensed second party developer (plus: they're on XBLA). Still, there's lots to be choosing from...have a think.

~

I'm saying WWF No Mercy on the N64, for reasons only the wrestling fans of the forum would understand and appreciate. Sonic Rush on DS and Rocket: Robot on Wheels were considered too.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014 - 17:29

A surprisingly easy one for me. Going back to the time not so long ago when [url=messedupcables.forumotion.net/t652-your-actual-top-10-20-25-50-100-200-games-have-you-ever]we were asked to give our top n games[/url], there's only one third-party exclusive in that list. I'm not going to preach the glories of this game again, but scrubbing notwithstanding, it was/is bloody amazing.

Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo 256px-Meteos

ANNIHILATION.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014 - 18:42

For me it has to be Monster Hunter Tri on the good old wii as 800+ hours of play time doesn't lie.

Spoiler:

I'm sure I might find others to talk about later but that's the one that instantly springs to my mind & you can't fault TCK's pick of No mercy.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014 - 19:04

I think I'd still want to consider GoldenEye an exclusive, since the reboots don't claim to be the 'same' game in the way that the RE remakes did, or straight ports like the XBLA games.

Although yes, it is very difficult to find games that haven't jumped ship, even on handheld- Okamiden, Ace Attorney and Ghost Trick all sauntered off to mobile, as did TWEWY, which would probably have got my vote in this thread.

I was going to ironically say "Superman 64", but it's looking increasingly like it's the only game left...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014 - 19:59

TWEWY would have received my vote, but y'know... mobile port.

I really like the DS Castlevania titles, although I can't imagine you would class them as a "best third-party exclusive". Hmm, will need to think on this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyTue 12 Aug 2014 - 21:53

Still a few on the GameCube such as Billy Hatcher, PN03 for instance and not sure on the whole port thing as back then you didn't know that the next next next next next gen would get them as downloads in lets say mega man 2's case. I think you should look at it's on generation, so res4 for instance did go to ps2 which in the same gen as cube.  

But will have a proper think on this. Most likely NES or SNES era the best though.

Also I believe tomb raider is only a timed exclusive but as it's from gamescom this news, it's in the gamescom thread eventually.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyThu 14 Aug 2014 - 1:42

The original Super Monkey Ball is the first thing I thought of, so I'll probably put that down: it remains a superbly designed game that fit the GameCube controller's analogue stick to a tee.

There's plenty more in my head though (DS Castlevanias! Resi 4! Umihara Kawase! Rogue Leader!), so I'll pop back and post another later. Not too bothred if the game was ported later, it would have been designed for its host platform anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptySun 17 Aug 2014 - 10:14

Little King's Story.

According to my top 200 games spreadsheet (have I mentioned I have this? *shot*)

I know there was a New Little King's Story on the Vita, but it was a complete re-working of the game.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptySun 17 Aug 2014 - 13:01

Theres a spreadsheet really Jimbob, how does it work.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyMon 18 Aug 2014 - 12:14

I'd have said Resi 4 when it came out. Monster hunters a good shout as well. I'll have a think.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyMon 18 Aug 2014 - 19:26

I thought of a really decent one that still hasn't been ported (even though I would only count port in the same gen) Eternal Darkness on the gamecube.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyMon 18 Aug 2014 - 21:03

masofdas wrote:
I thought of a really decent one that still hasn't been ported (even though I would only count port in the same gen) Eternal Darkness on the gamecube.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyMon 18 Aug 2014 - 21:13

Actually doesn't count Beemoh as Nintendo published it and own the IP, now thinking about it.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyMon 18 Aug 2014 - 21:59

masofdas wrote:
Actually doesn't count Beemoh as Nintendo published it and own the IP,  now thinking about it.

Ooh, a late DQ- controversial!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyThu 21 Aug 2014 - 23:33

masofdas wrote:
Theres a spreadsheet really Jimbob, how does it work.
Er.... it's like a giant table... that you can type words and numbers in, and also enter formula that does maths for you based on those numbers... to...

Sorry mas, I might've misunderstood this.
(Basically I was sad enough to use Excel to list my favourite 200 games, including writing VBA macros to shift rows up and down, to make sure I put them in the right order).
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyFri 22 Aug 2014 - 7:58

Having spent ages thinking about this, my vote goes to the Wii version of Sonic Colours. It's a bright, fun game, with good 2D and 3D sections, and one of my surprise highlights of the Wii era.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyFri 22 Aug 2014 - 11:59

I've been thinking for a while on this and lot, I thought were 3rd party like eternal darkness, final fantasy crystal chronicles were published by Nintendo, so to find much on the GameCube is hard but

So the Top 10 GameCube Exclusives according to gamerankings score by a 3rd Party & not on any other 6th gen system
1) Star Wars Rogue Leader: Rogue Squadron II (Still is)
2) Super Monkey Ball (Still is)
3) Super Monkey Ball 2 (Still is)
4) Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Going to allow as it's not just a simple port) (Still is)
5) Tales of Symphonia (Now on a 7th gen system in HD)
6) Resident Evil Zero (Now on a 7th gen system which is a Nintendo one)
7) Pac-Man Vs. (On handheld & Mobiles now but no other console)
Cool WWE Day of Reckoning (Still is)
9) Bomberman Generation (Still is)
10) WWE WrestleMania XIX (Still is)

I bet there's some good ones on gameboy, nes, snes etc but to many games to look through and Wii not to bothered about.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyFri 22 Aug 2014 - 13:28

ZeroJones wrote:
Having spent ages thinking about this, my vote goes to the Wii version of Sonic Colours. It's a bright, fun game, with good 2D and 3D sections, and one of my surprise highlights of the Wii era.

I bought that a few weeks ago, then had it delivered to the wrong address. Go me!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo EmptyFri 22 Aug 2014 - 13:54

I'm also going with MH but 3U instead of tri, because more is better.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo   Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo Empty

Back to top Go down

Best Third-Party Exclusive on Nintendo
Page 1 of 1