Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Headsets Advice & General Talk

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Headsets Advice & General Talk Empty
PostSubject: Headsets Advice & General Talk   Headsets Advice & General Talk EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 17:45

Athrun888 asked a while ago about advice about HDTV's.

I need some myself with headsets. I rarely play online and even all the time owning a 360 I rarely used a headset maybe just for gears of war 2 co-op or horde stuff with friends to work together. Same now got a headset for the U which I've used with you guy's playing need for speed. Yes I'm getting to the point with Destiny coming and most likely nearly everyone that has/will have a PS4 on here for the game and quite a lot of my friends via twitter, work etc and it being a game about co-op not just with friends I was thinking about getting a decent headset for the PS4 not just the little crummy thing that's in the box.

So what should I be looking at, I know surround would be best but more dollar dollar. So was thinking more amplified stereo but the main thing for me is wireless or at least plugs into to the dual shock 4 as I've seen some plug into the PS4 USB port's and that's quite a distance from my chair.

These have been the ones, I've been recommended but if you guy's have any other thoughts on what to get as there still quite pricey (I do have £20 worth of credit in GAME though) and is it worth getting some and do use / will be using.

Last edited by masofdas on Sun 31 Aug 2014 - 20:52; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Headsets Advice & General Talk   Headsets Advice & General Talk EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 19:20

Whenever I use voice chat it's just through skype, much more comfortable to sit down to and better quality.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Headsets Advice & General Talk   Headsets Advice & General Talk EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 19:25

Really, my laptop is pretty rubbish and only benefits playing with people I know using Skype.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Headsets Advice & General Talk   Headsets Advice & General Talk EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 20:44

Your laptop doesn't need to be good for skype, plus you can use a phone or one of the many other skype supporting devices. Obviously if you want to chat to random folks Skype is no good but I'm not sure who on here uses in game headsets, let alone non usb/wireless ones. Can you not use the one you bought for the Wii U? I think all ordinary earphone socket mics are supported (you can't mute the damn thing and when I use earphones I always accidently have the mic on).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Headsets Advice & General Talk   Headsets Advice & General Talk EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 20:52

I think destiny will be good game to talk to random's if your doing a strike mission and not sure if all my mates have skype or would use it.

I've not tried the one for the U to be honest.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Headsets Advice & General Talk   Headsets Advice & General Talk EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 22:46

masofdas wrote:
not sure if all my mates have skype or would use it.

But it's free...?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Headsets Advice & General Talk   Headsets Advice & General Talk EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 22:57

So is a TV licence with a black and white TV now doesn't mean it's any good. Yeah you guys I could try using it, but when I asked on twitter for advice I get replies like I'm using my astro 550 super duper cost more than a ps4 headset stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Headsets Advice & General Talk   Headsets Advice & General Talk EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 23:01

Skype works well though - a decent mic and pair of headphones for your PC and you're sorted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Headsets Advice & General Talk   Headsets Advice & General Talk EmptySun 31 Aug 2014 - 23:05

I did use my wiiu headset when I did the podcast and I guess it could plug into phone and use that but still doesn't help with randoms and friends with those fancy headsets. But I could continue using the one that comes with the ps4.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Headsets Advice & General Talk   Headsets Advice & General Talk EmptyMon 1 Sep 2014 - 10:28

Why can't you plug that into the PS4 control?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Headsets Advice & General Talk   Headsets Advice & General Talk EmptyMon 1 Sep 2014 - 10:30

Yeah it plugs in just not tired it.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Headsets Advice & General Talk   Headsets Advice & General Talk EmptyMon 1 Sep 2014 - 10:42

It'll work fine, like I said every pair of earphones works so no reason that won't.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headsets Advice & General Talk   Headsets Advice & General Talk Empty

Back to top Go down

Headsets Advice & General Talk
Page 1 of 1