We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread

Go down 
+18
OrangeRakoon
NintenDUCK
Axis1500
mandlecreed
Dead Lemon
Vidofnir
JayMoyles
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
masofdas
shanks
Balladeer
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2020 - 20:24

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Going call that a normal direct will happen a week after the Smash bros one purely for the fact it just lines up nicely.  

This aged like crap, but Scullion says he's got a source saying there'll be a general Direct before the end of February.  I'm starting to get the ResetEra jitters...

Yep I was way off with that eh? I thought I saw a pattern.....Sulk

It's probably not connected but Platinum games have a new announcement on the 27th, don't they?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2020 - 20:42

They did say something along those lines. It would align nicely, but I'd like not to get my hopes up!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 20 Feb 2020 - 22:56

I wouldn't get your hopes up - I think it could be to do with PAX East which starts on February 27th instead.

Any highlights from the Animal Crossing Direct I should know about? I don't know enough about the series to really care about what they showed off, but I heard they're getting really in-depth with designing your village to the extent they're including terraforming. Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2020 - 11:17

Yeah, the terraforming looks amazing. You can raise and lower the ground, replace it with water and vice-versa. You can move every building, build paths, stairs and bridges, and of course now place furniture outside where you see fit. I just want to jump straight into the endgame...
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2020 - 18:53

JayMoyles wrote:
I wouldn't get your hopes up - I think it could be to do with PAX East which starts on February 27th instead.

Aw boo. Aww! Incidentally Yacht Club have said they're doing something next week too.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyFri 21 Feb 2020 - 21:58

JayMoyles wrote:

Any highlights from the Animal Crossing Direct I should know about? I don't know enough about the series to really care about what they showed off, but I heard they're getting really in-depth with designing your village to the extent they're including terraforming. Shocked

Aye that's fair, also Eurogamer had a nice preview of AC's first hour.

Balladeer wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

Aw boo. Aww! Incidentally Yacht Club have said they're doing something next week too.

This will probably be for the game they publish called Cyber Shadow, they done their first YC presents show for King of Cards last year which was just a 10+ minute video sharing various details.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 14:35

JayMoyles wrote:

It's basically everything I could have wanted, and then...

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Yeah, the terraforming looks amazing. You can raise and lower the ground, replace it with water and vice-versa. You can move every building, build paths, stairs and bridges, and of course now place furniture outside where you see fit. I just want to jump straight into the endgame...

...even more - I didn't expect to be saying "Holy Fucking Shit" at an Animal Crossing demo. I'm OK waiting for that though; that's the fun of Animal Crossing, chilling, taking your time with things, and gradually getting more things to do. Also, I know graphics aren't the main point of AC, but previous games have relied on sticking to the low-resolution textures as part of its charm - but now wall tiles are shiny, and wood planks are woody. I am so happy...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 24 Feb 2020 - 21:11

Grin 'Wood planks are woody' feels like tagline material.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2020 - 13:14

Nindie showcase tomorrow at five.

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DOIP

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 16 Mar 2020 - 13:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2020 - 13:29

Wasn't their rumours of two directs this month, guessing this is one of them then a proper one later in the month (26th?)

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 26 Mar 2020 - 15:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2020 - 14:33

Balla there downplaying indies with an indie avatar
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyMon 16 Mar 2020 - 14:39

I'm definitely not downplaying Nindies (not seriously Razz ): my favourite games of the last three calendar years (including 2020 at this point - somewhat small sample size, granted) have been indie offerings! And I'm up for a nice indie showcase. Most of it will be procgen stuff I can automatically ignore, but there's normally at least a few new indies shown off each time that tickle my fancy. I'm not going to say it's what I really wanted though, not unless Mas' rumour turns up trumps.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 9:54

Oh nice! Hopefully that means a few indie games that were announced a while back on one of these shows have some release dates.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 11:35

Wonder if anything will be out now or soon because of corona like how Disney has brought frozen 2 forward four months on Disney+ or how Universal is putting films out in the cinema out on digital platforms already.

Ohh and I'd like to see Disco Elysium if I could see anything but I don't know how that would be like to play on a Lite as the text looked small on PC.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 17:25

That was strooooooong. It took a good while for the first game I wasn't interested in to show up, and I'm not interested in the Gungeons but that was a good shadow-drop for a lot of people, I'd imagine. Not so many puzzle platformers or ProcGen stuff this time around either!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 17:36

Some stuff that does interest me like The Good Life but 100% sure been confirmed for Game Pass and Sky was shown for Switch which should be exciting for Switch only players as it's from thatgamecompany aka the team behind Journey. I would have played that by now but I don't have a iPhone.

I think the biggest game though was Last Campfire.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyTue 17 Mar 2020 - 17:37

Aye it was a decent showing, got my eye on Quantum League and I'm sure I'll be picking up Exit the gungeon soon as I enjoyed the first one. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020 - 15:46

masofdas wrote:
Wasn't their rumours of two directs this month, guessing this is one of them then a proper one later in the month (26th?)

Well then and it was a good one but does also point to what I posted elsewhere about what Emily Rodgers was saying about the Switch having a lot of older games this year, now that can be a good or bad thing depending on your view.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020 - 16:25

Just got done watching and I have to say it fell a bit flat for me, it was just full of old games I'm not interested in (this is becoming a real problem for switch) and the new stuff just didn't look exciting to me.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020 - 16:34

I know what you mean. When I saw Burnout Paradise Remastered, I immediately thought 'WOW! Burnout!'...but then quickly remembered I played it to buggery a year ago. The same might have gone for Bioshock, XCom and Borderlands if I'd bothered with any of them when I had the many, many opportunities to do so already.

Panzer Dragoon Remake looks good, but Forever Entertainment always put their games on a big sale. It'll be half price by the summer and £2.49 by the end of the year.

I liked that I could skip the JRPG bits.  Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020 - 16:45

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I know what you mean. When I saw Burnout Paradise Remastered, I immediately thought 'WOW! Burnout!'...but then quickly remembered I played it to buggery a year ago. The same might have gone for Bioshock, XCom and Borderlands if I'd bothered with any of them when I had the many, many opportunities to do so already.

Panzer Dragoon Remake looks good, but Forever Entertainment always put their games on a big sale. It'll be half price by the summer and £2.49 by the end of the year.

I liked that I could skip the JRPG bits.  Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up! Thumbs Up!

Laughing I also skipped the JRPG bits.

I got the likes of Bioshock collection and XCOM 2 free on ps+ a while ago so they are there if I ever want to play them & Panzer dragoon does look up my street but it's easy sale fodder as you said so that just left the Smash bros dlc announcement as the most exciting thing. I still have plenty thing to play anyway and I'm quite happy to keep getting tore into my current backlog for the next few months.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020 - 17:17

Well I've actually bought Panzer Dragoon Remake because it's Panzer Dragoon, the price did put me off and because of it I went looking for vouchers which I ended up spending more money as $50 for £40 seemed good that I also got Good Job, Florence and left with $1.91 that I did look at the 9cent games but I'll never play them.

Also downloading the two demos for Bravely Default II and Trials of Cold Steel III.

On the old games, I did sort of mention it but I think we might get more this year likely a Wii U included.

Last edited by masofdas on Thu 26 Mar 2020 - 18:32; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020 - 17:43

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts about Panzer Dragoon Remake and Good Job.

I'm with Jaster: quite happy to get tore into my backlog for the next few months.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020 - 18:51

I genuinely thought the Indie Direct was better than that.

There were four things I liked in there. I liked that the Xenoblade remake, which I'm not going to buy anyway, had extra content. I liked the look of Good Job, which I probably won't buy anyway unless it gets absolute rave reviews. I liked that the next Fighter Pass character is actually going to come from a Nintendo game. I liked the shadow drop of Panzer Dragoon.

I disliked everything else.

How could such a short Direct still seem bloated? Four minutes on a remake at the beginning; five minutes telling us that Bravely Default 2 does everything Bravely Default 1 did; however long on 2K's collection of overpriced cart-with-a-quarter-of-a-game-on old ports; some time actually spent on that 51 games game...

I'd cut them some slack for coronavirus, but honestly it's how I've felt since the beginning of the year, before the infection set in in earnest. Nintendo's going to coast through the first six months on ports, curios, DLC, and Animal Crossing. If they have another September like 2019's I'm sure it'll all be forgotten, but this is looking more 2018 than 2017 at the moment.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 EmptyThu 26 Mar 2020 - 19:03

I'm guessing that's a typo and you are buying Xenoblade HD (it's not a remake, mate) also not keen on Legend of Heroes?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread   General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Nintendo Direct/Treehouse/Other Interweb Broadcast Thread
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next