We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching on the television?

Go down 
+35
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Fastpie
Axis1500
Gogoata
SquidgyGoat
Cube
awesomedude
Buskalilly
nupkin
Jimbob
masofdas
Athrun888
Treesmurf
SuperPaperLink
Tokyo_Sonata
Vidofnir
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
Silver light
Rum
JayMoyles
ScottGamer17
Admin
shanks
spacemanDOUG
mandlecreed
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Kezz182
Fancy Fancy
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 14:19

oldschool wrote:
I am thoroughly enjoying every last minute.  I actually hope he drags it out until the next election so we can continue to enjoy the greatest comedy show of the century.  If Abbott actually still is a British citizen (I am not convinced he is, seems silly), I am sure someone in the conservatives will use that the oust him.

Same, I think the best result for comedic effect is if a leadership spill is called next week and he wins it unconvincingly and lasts to the next election where he'll be stomped.  Even if he wins this likely won't stop the speculation now the cats out of the bag.  Although I am beginning to feel a spill might not be called, the momentum did seem to fade a bit today, but then that's simply the public view, for all I know behind the scenes things are positively rancid, with the abc getting ten MPs confiding they want one and another twenty odd saying they're undecided a spill does still feel fairly likely.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 15:04

Anyone watching Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe? Philomena Cunk totally cracks me up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 15:05

I have been, and I totally agree. Didn't enjoy the Russel Brand character in last weeks much though, went on waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too long.
Back to top Go down
Cube
Garreg Mach Geography Teacher

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 15:07

Stu_the_great wrote:
Anyone watching Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe?

I find it hard to watch. I really enjoy Brooker, but I can't stand any of the other people on the show.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 15:11

andyman949 wrote:
I have been, and I totally agree. Didn't enjoy the Russel Brand character in last weeks much though, went on waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too long.

I didn't mind that at all, but then I really like the Life of Zeb videos. They're a terribly accurate portrayal of YouTube guff.

I thought he went on about Greg Wallace far too long, though.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyFri 13 Feb 2015 - 22:16

I have given The Musketeers a go, up to the last episode of the first season.  Really well made show, with very likeable actors in the cast.  I will always find it odd watching a show about the French with proper English accents, especially the character played by Vinnie Jones.  A few other shows I am about to give a go are Peaky Blinders Black Sails and Penny Dreadful.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 9:38

andyman949 wrote:
I guess so, but Morgana Robinson has got him spot on. I do usually agree with what Russell Brand says, but the trouble is he always says it in such a stupid way.

I love Charlie Brooker - I especially love the World of Bullshit sections; however at the end of each show I realise that so much of TV, and especially the news, is bollocks. There was a film by Adam Curtis in the end-of-year special; it highlighted a Russian media executive who seems to have a hand in both sides of conflicting reports in the country, and it implies that the confusion about conflicting information given by the media is almost deliberate - if you don't know what the problem is, then you can't decide what to do about it. Hence Putin. The further implication is that this might happen, deliberately or not, in this country. We were told on consecutive days that the economy is almost fully recovered, and then that the recession may have a third dip. So I don't know what to believe any more, man.

But I laugh more than anything else:
"Who, or what, was Winston Churchill?
The answer is 'Who'."
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 11:32

"Next week, I find out who lives in here:

What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrHy7G_c1O-J2yjqrlOUEavchOGcRgo0-5l5xzTw4XKse2g4tN

Who are they, and what do they want?" Laughing
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 11:52

Stu_the_great wrote:
"Next week, I find out who lives in here:

What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrHy7G_c1O-J2yjqrlOUEavchOGcRgo0-5l5xzTw4XKse2g4tN

Who are they, and what do they want?" Laughing

Is this a joke I am not in on?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 11:58

That's a dalek from the popular science fiction programme Doctor Who.

I've been watching, in no particular order:

Charlie Brooker's Weekly Wipe. Zeb, and the Brand parody, were spot on to the point of being just as annoying as real youtubers/ the real Russel Brand. The rest is excellent though.
Brooklyn 99. Standard American sitcom stuff but the police angle is done well. I like how every episodes plot plays out like a cop shows mystery.
The Flash. Good clean fun.
Total Divas. Along with huge amounts of Wrasslin' thanks to the WWE network.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 12:07

Drunkalilly wrote:
Brooklyn 99. Standard American sitcom stuff but the police angle is done well. I like how every episodes plot plays out like a cop shows mystery.
The Flash. Good clean fun.

I am recording Brooklyn Nine-Nine and will around to watching later, as I am with The Flash. I do have a problem with he Flash though - his name, Barry. I am sorry, but I cannot take a superhero named Barry seriously. It is kind of an old person's name now. Plus, the way Australians pronounce Barry is ingrained in my head and I chuckle every time I gear his name during the promos.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptySun 15 Feb 2015 - 17:14

Luckily, they generally play his out of costume persona as a geek and a comedy character, so Barry doesn't seem so out of place.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyMon 16 Feb 2015 - 1:20

drunkalilly wrote:
Total Divas. Along with huge amounts of Wrasslin' thanks to the WWE network.

You seen any of that Legends house show? I caught an ep the other day & it was pretty damn good especially when Mean Gene says "Holy balls!" when he is stressed out. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fastpie
Boo This Man .Gif
Fastpie

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyTue 17 Feb 2015 - 17:13

So many shows, where to begin?

I will absolutely recommend Brooklyn 99 to anyone who hasn't seen it already. Last Week Tonight With John Oliver is also fantastic.

The main thing I've been watching avidly and hating myself for doing so is Broadchurch. Oy vey. (And Casualty, but that's kinda useful if you watch it as a course in basic television writing.) I was saying to someone on Twitter that I would not be surprised if they somehow found a way to pad out 40 minutes so that Episode 7's cliffhanger is also Episode 8's. Like, I'm fairly certain nothing happened in that episode. Chibnall is an okay writer (and rarely rises above that) but can't pace an ongoing drama very well.

Other shows I've been binge-watching: Castle, Forever, Elementary, The Killing and just started watching Breaking Bad.

Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 0:01

Fastpie wrote:
So many shows, where to begin?

I will absolutely recommend Brooklyn 99 to anyone who hasn't seen it already. Last Week Tonight With John Oliver is also fantastic.

The main thing I've been watching avidly and hating myself for doing so is Broadchurch. Oy vey. (And Casualty, but that's kinda useful if you watch it as a course in basic television writing.) I was saying to someone on Twitter that I would not be surprised if they somehow found a way to pad out 40 minutes so that Episode 7's cliffhanger is also Episode 8's. Like, I'm fairly certain nothing happened in that episode. Chibnall is an okay writer (and rarely rises above that) but can't pace an ongoing drama very well.

Other shows I've been binge-watching: Castle, Forever, Elementary, The Killing and just started watching Breaking Bad.

John Oliver is an absolute must watch. Such brilliant journalistic comedy. What he did with the tobacco giants this week was genius.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyWed 18 Feb 2015 - 12:52

1) 10,000BC, which is a pretty miserable affair all told - a few people have been dropped into a Bulgarian forest and told to live for eight weeks like cavepeople. It's not gone well.

2) The Great British Celebrity Bake-Off, which is fun, and The Great British Sewing Bee, which seems smaller than in previous years.

3) Fortitude, which is slightly difficult to follow, but pales in comparison with

4) Wolf Hall. That relies on a decent knowledge of the era to fill in the gaps to a great extent, although I am fond of Henry VIII being, essentially, a peripheral figure.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptySat 21 Feb 2015 - 10:38

On a bright note: Code Geass, again. fifteen episodes in again, still my favourite anime series.

On a dark note: Four Corners report on the grey hound live baiting. Something about the grey hound industry has always left me extremely uneasy, but that was just appalling and evil. One of the few times I can genuinely say some of my faith in humanity was shaken without exaggerating.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptySat 21 Feb 2015 - 11:25

Athrun888 wrote:
On a bright note: Code Geass, again.  fifteen episodes in again, still my favourite anime series.  

On a dark note: Four Corners report on the grey hound live baiting.  Something about the grey hound industry has always left me extremely uneasy, but that was just appalling and evil.  One of the few times I can genuinely say some of my faith in humanity was shaken without exaggerating.  

It was pretty gross wasn't it, live piglets, rabbits and possums. These people are disgusting. I have always shared your discomfort with the 'sport', especially what happens to the dogs who can't make the grade. Iy truly is the sport of bogans (or English equivalent).
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptySat 21 Feb 2015 - 14:56

I wouldn't even grace the people involved with the torturing of rabbits and piglets with the name bogan myself, evil monsters and scum would be closer to what they deserve.  As someone who has witnessed a young magpie being literally torn to pieces by a hoard of other magpies and heard the cries of an animal that is in excruciating agony and terror I cannot abide that sort of behavior, I view people who willing put animals in that sort of distress and torture as barely above savage monsters.  If someone can put an animal through that much pain and hear those screams of terror and agony and not only not flinch but enjoy it, those people sicken me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptySat 21 Feb 2015 - 17:53

Just finished watching Season 4 of GoT, so I will now be downloading the game
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015 - 13:12

Finished Akame ga Kill! yesterday. Really scratched my attack on titan itch with its "anybody can die, and die brutally" shenanigans, although unlike attack on titan that goes for the actual main characters as well.  Also nice to have the moral lines of the main gang blurred, they may be assassins taking out the trash of the evil imperials, but they're still murderers for hire and not all that much better than their imperial counterparts formed to hunt them (and other bandits) down.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015 - 19:33

As of Friday, Gogglebox! Great stuff. Grin
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015 - 19:37

ZeroJones wrote:
The Manc bloke's reaction to the C-bomb being dropped on that old timey show was amazing Laughing
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015 - 21:11

Dead Lemon wrote:
ZeroJones wrote:
The Manc bloke's reaction to the C-bomb being dropped on that old timey show was amazing Laughing

The one that looks like an angry potato? We don't like that family in our house... Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 EmptyMon 23 Feb 2015 - 22:48

Just finished with the second episode of the second series of House of Fools. Quality. The best comedy the BBC have put on since at least Gary Tank Commander.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 26 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you watching on the television?
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next