We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching on the television?

Go down 
+35
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Fastpie
Axis1500
Gogoata
SquidgyGoat
Cube
awesomedude
Buskalilly
nupkin
Jimbob
masofdas
Athrun888
Treesmurf
SuperPaperLink
Tokyo_Sonata
Vidofnir
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
Silver light
Rum
JayMoyles
ScottGamer17
Admin
shanks
spacemanDOUG
mandlecreed
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Kezz182
Fancy Fancy
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 19:34

I don't follow tennis, as such, but it is enjoyable to watch. Because anything can change any second it is never boring.

I'll be watching the superb owl, with some booze and some wings, same as every year. Come on the Seahawks!
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 19:39

Boo Seahawks

Seeing as we are talking about sports anyone watch any of the darts masters.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 23:05

Think I'll watch the Super Bowl seeing as I don't need to get up early, assuming I can stay awake for it.

The_Jaster wrote:
One of the biggest sporting events already happened today. Smile
Old Firm?
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 23:05

I just finished watching the first season of The Leftovers. Anyone not aware, it is essentially about the Rapture, those left behind on Earth. I thoroughly enjoyed it as it was somewhat different to most of what I have seen recently and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 23:15

At this very second, Breaking Amish, which is about a group of five Amish people in New York who want to escape their current lifestyle. It's like a very gentle version of Geordie Shore.

At other times, we're watching Fortitude (bizarre and surreal almost throughout) and The Hotel (an unusual fellow organises the entertainment for a hotel in Torquay).
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptySun 1 Feb 2015 - 23:22

I saw the first couple of episodes of The Leftovers when it aired here, enjoyed what I had saw but then - like so many shows - kept forgetting it was on.

Without spoiling anything major does it explain what happened or did it end with a load of unanswered questions. Did remind me of some other shows I started only for them to be cancelled before the story was resolved - FlashForward, Alcatraz and The 4400 being prime examples.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 1:36

Dead Lemon wrote:
I saw the first couple of episodes of The Leftovers when it aired here, enjoyed what I had saw but then - like so many shows - kept forgetting it was on.

Without spoiling anything major does it explain what happened or did it end with a load of unanswered questions. Did remind me of some other shows I started only for them to be cancelled before the story was resolved - FlashForward, Alcatraz and The 4400 being prime examples.

It ended the first season posing far more questions than it answered, far more.  I am the kind of consumer who lives in blissful ignorance, in that I successfully avoid all discussion on media (and games), so that when I do consume it, I have no expectations or preconceived ideas about it (including useless knowledge my daughter told me, that being the lead actor is married to Jennifer Aniston - I don't care).  However, I do a quick bit of research, usually IMDB, to get a feel for the show to see if I might like it and if it has already been cancelled (a bad sign).  The very basic knowledge I have is that the first season is based on the book and from then on, it will be all new.  I am easily interested enough to keep watching as I currently find the premise worthy of my attention.

I only recall and watched one of the 3 shows you mentioned, The 4400.  It was decent, but lacked coherence and just fell flat eventually.  My problem with television programmes is in the writing.  What they do is write a season and if it gets renewed, they have to write another season and on it goes.  What normally happens is they screw up characters and story (hello Heroes amongst many), with much of it not connecting properly to previous episodes - they invariably make a bad decision and write themselves into a corner.  That is why I respect Babylon 5 so much, as the entire series of 5 was written before they started and they secured finance to film them all.  I wish all shows would do that - have a beginning, a middle and an end - a coherent structure we know will be wrapped up.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 10:40

Aussie open final yesterday, awesome match. The first two sets were absolutely epic edge of the seat stuff, and then the third was edge of the seat for other reasons. Murray essentially lost the moment he started caring about Djokovic's health one way or the other, while it may sound rude and brutal doing anything besides sticking the screws in when an opponents health is waning is the wrong move to make. Granted he probably knew that given the caliber of player he is, but it still didn't stop it from throwing his mind off the game and getting crushed when his opponent recovered. Wawrinka almost did something similar last year in the final.

Not that I mind too much, while I'd have preferred to have a epic duel for the entire match rather than the destruction that was the fourth set I was cheering for Djokovic anyway. Nah nah!

Balladeer wrote:
For some reason, I've found myself giving a bit more of a fuck about tennis in recent times. Shocked Not really sure why.  Possibly because BBC Sport had a live feed that, due to breaks in play, gives enough of the details (which would be impossible for, say, football).  

Not that it was worth following.  Murray was giving a decent account of himself, and then seemed to have a complete brain fart.

Murray's not really that fun to follow anyway. Razz I'm all for players bringing some passion to the court, but Murry just seems to bring pessemistic passion to the court and just isn't someone I enjoy following because of it. As far as his actual play is concerned he's great to watch, but that attitude really puts a damper on the overall package.

That said it helps not having anyone of your nation playing well because one gets used to picking favourites based on personality and play style instead. That might change depending on how kyrgios does over the next few years, but for the foreseeable future I'll still be watching Tennis because of Nadal and Djokovic. Well, them and just because tennis is seriously awesome to watch, a battle between two people who've pushed themselves as far as the human body can go before breaking (or in Nadal's case, to the point it breaks frequently Meh ), there's no sport like it. If I had pay tv I'd follow it all year round, one of the few sports that I find genuinely interesting to watch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 12:08

Drunkalilly wrote:
I don't follow tennis, as such, but it is enjoyable to watch. Because anything can change any second it is never boring.

I'll be watching the superb owl, with some booze and some wings, same as every year. Come on the Seahawks!

There's only one Tom Brady
What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 _80717376_brady_epa
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 12:53

@Athrun: Yes, I can't convince myself to care that much about Murray anyway, 'cause he's a bit of a twerp. Still supporting him, because of nationality and underdog reasons.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:02

@Balla but he's Scottish,
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:21

Yeah, but Scotland is a part of the United Kingdom is it not?  

Oh, and about the Super Bowl, my opinion of it can be summed up thusly.

What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 4857210
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 13:58

It's Great Britain in Tennis and he is British Number 1. But I don't cheer on Scotland in Football as there part of Great Britain or what not, and to be honest even if Murray was English I wouldn't cheer him on or anything. I'd would cheer on a player I like such as Djokovic it doesn't matter what nationality he is.

Slightly different in Davis Cup action as then there playing and representing the nation.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyMon 2 Feb 2015 - 17:12

Dead Lemon wrote:

Think I'll watch the Super Bowl seeing as I don't need to get up early, assuming I can stay awake for it.

The_Jaster wrote:
Old Firm?

Yup, probably won't be remembered as a classic derby clash but I loved having it back.

---

Anyhow back on topic, I finished season 4 of Game of Thrones last night & I'm sure most of you know this but it really is great stuff, I've even grown to like how it does season finales a bit different compared to most other TV shows.

Rather than go for the shocking cliffhanger which leaves you wanting more it actually get's you emotionally attached to certain characters then leaves you wondering where they will end up next.
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 0:42

Seahawks blew the Super Bowl with a ridiculous play at the death of the game, stupidity from them.

The_Jaster wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:

The_Jaster wrote:
Old Firm?

Yup, probably won't be remembered as a classic derby clash but I loved having it backt.

I was in work but because it was quiet we got to put it on. Decent enough game, a lot tamer than I was expecting.

You for Celtic or Rangers?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 1:43

Dead Lemon wrote:

Seahawks blew the Super Bowl with a ridiculous play at the death of the game, stupidity from them.

The_Jaster wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:

The_Jaster wrote:
Old Firm?

Yup, probably won't be remembered as a classic derby clash but I loved having it backt.

I was in work but because it was quiet we got to put it on. Decent enough game, a lot tamer than I was expecting.

I'm a Celtic fan, it definitely got a lot more bite-y in the second half but aye I'd agree with that, what about yourself?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 11:01

The_Jaster wrote:
bite-y

What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 Tumblr_lgot54y0Zw1qb42o2o1_500
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 18:42

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyTue 3 Feb 2015 - 23:08

@mas: why oh why did they throw that ball at the end? Madness!
@Jas: I couldn't agree more. I really love ASoIaF/ GoT and I spend the year itching for more as it is, if it ended on cliffhangers (and I hadn't read the books) I'd be clawing my own skin off!
Although to be fair, season 2 ended on pretty huge cliffhangers north of the wall.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 0:37

The_Jaster wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:

The_Jaster wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:

The_Jaster wrote:
Old Firm?

I'm a Celtic fan, it definitely got a lot more bite-y in the second half but aye I'd agree with that, what about yourself?

The only football team I support is Liverpool. But out of the Old Firm I've always preferred Celtic for various reasons. Can't say I follow Scottish football that much though, growing up it was easier to not get involved and act neutral. Whistle
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 2:37

Ahh, that's fair enough I personally really dislike all the nastiness that is attached to both teams, I just love football and Celtic is my team. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:26

The way it should be. Nothing wrong with rivalries in football, but keep it to football. Sadly when it comes to Celtic vs Rangers there's a lot of numpties who take it too far. Mainly those bloody Rangers fans DAMN YOU! Ninja
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:26

I'm currently very much enjoying the bloodsport that is the current Australian National Politics, with the backbench doing its hardest to undermine current Prime Minister Tony Abbott.  It's possibly the best thing on tv in a while, definitely the best comedy!

What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 60689510

He doesn't look all that comfortable right now does he?  Well he shouldn't, he's in the exact same position right now Julia Gillard was until the Labor party booted her, right down to the public hate and undermining from some angry backbenchers.  

Personally whether he gets the boot from his own party next week or survives I'm just sitting back and relishing in the karmic payback he is recieving after making such a huge fuss over how the public supposedly votes in their prime minister and not the party with the Rudd-Gillard-Rudd debacle.

Personally I think the Libs are screwed whether they boot him or keep him.  We just had a new national record set for swings in the Queensland election a few days ago (and they were a first term government too!) so I reckon the brand is effed right now.  Only way out for them is finally giving Australia the Turnbull prime minister they wanted, but I bet the right wing nutters in the Liberal party would rather die than vote him in so they're probably effed.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 11:42

Drunkalilly wrote:
@mas: why oh why did they throw that ball at the end? Madness!

They still had to score though, but they had time on the board still. So wasn't any panic.

@Jas I did have my Celtic shirt on that day, but even being against Rangers does a little bit of none event now compared to what it used to be.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 EmptyWed 4 Feb 2015 - 13:09

Athrun888 wrote:
I'm currently very much enjoying the bloodsport that is the current Australian National Politics, with the backbench doing its hardest to undermine current Prime Minister Tony Abbott.  It's possibly the best thing on tv in a while, definitely the best comedy!

He doesn't look all that comfortable right now does he?  Well he shouldn't, he's in the exact same position right now Julia Gillard was until the Labor party booted her, right down to the public hate and undermining from some angry backbenchers.  

Personally whether he gets the boot from his own party next week or survives I'm just sitting back and relishing in the karmic payback he is recieving after making such a huge fuss over how the public supposedly votes in their prime minister and not the party with the Rudd-Gillard-Rudd debacle.

Personally I think the Libs are screwed whether they boot him or keep him.  We just had a new national record set for swings in the Queensland election a few days ago (and they were a first term government too!) so I reckon the brand is effed right now.  Only way out for them is finally giving Australia the Turnbull prime minister they wanted, but I bet the right wing nutters in the Liberal party would rather die than vote him in so they're probably effed.

I am thoroughly enjoying every last minute. I actually hope he drags it out until the next election so we can continue to enjoy the greatest comedy show of the century. If Abbott actually still is a British citizen (I am not convinced he is, seems silly), I am sure someone in the conservatives will use that the oust him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you watching on the television?
Page 25 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next