We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are you watching on the television?

Go down 
+35
The Cappuccino Kid
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Fastpie
Axis1500
Gogoata
SquidgyGoat
Cube
awesomedude
Buskalilly
nupkin
Jimbob
masofdas
Athrun888
Treesmurf
SuperPaperLink
Tokyo_Sonata
Vidofnir
Balladeer
NintenDUCK
Silver light
Rum
JayMoyles
ScottGamer17
Admin
shanks
spacemanDOUG
mandlecreed
Crumpy Andy
Dusty Knackers
beemoh
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Kezz182
Fancy Fancy
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 11:36

Every time I used to see it was something from about 6 months showing and some guy goofing off.

Also how haven't we been taking about Game of Thrones.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 11:50

Even though I've enjoyed the four eps so far, it doesn't feel like much as happened compared to the other seasons & I can kind of feel where things are heading which isn't nice.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyWed 6 May 2015 - 18:34

I've been watching and enjoying Thrones but, like Jas says, there's not a lot to say. They're doing a good job of adapting the dullest books into watchable television and the changes they've made have all made sense to me, even if they are giving away which of the books' plot lines are obviously red herrings that don't go anywhere.

Spoiler:

Also on the subject of boxing, and violence as a sport in general: for me, the gulf between two competitors willingly challenging eachother to a contest and unsporting violence is vast. I've kickboxed a little in my time and regularly have little wrestles with my friends and even when I'm on the receiving end, I enjoy myself and enjoy that spirit of competition. I've also, professionally and otherwise, been in my share of less friendly fights and I barely even think of the two as the same thing. It's like the difference between consensual kink and domestic abuse (which the 50 shades novels are awful at distinguishing).
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyThu 7 May 2015 - 23:56

masofdas wrote:
Every time I used to see it was something from about 6 months showing and some guy goofing off.

Yeah they changed the whole format about six months ago. They got rid of the two old presenters who knew nothing about games and now have various journalists from the gaming industry, giving a balanced (often humourous) perspective on a genre of games each week. So last week was all about Super Smash Bros, and saw the episode branching off to talk about fighting games. John Robertson does a Top 5 which includes mostly retro games. Dan Maher is a strong presenter. They have had a couple of the guys from the now deceased Official Nintendo Mag (Joe Skrebels on the Zelda episode, Gav Murphy most weeks). Really recommend it.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 22:21

Just watched through the whole of The IT Crowd for the first time. Shame on me for getting it mixed with The Big Bang Theory and thus avoiding it at all costs for all those years. Very good!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 22:28

TCK wrote:
Shame on me for getting it mixed with The Big Bang Theory

Bloody hell I don't think a sentence has depressed me so much in my life Laughing Glad you've rectified that, I bloody love that show.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 22:35

andyman949 wrote:
TCK wrote:
Shame on me for getting it mixed with The Big Bang Theory

Bloody hell I don't think a sentence has depressed me so much in my life Laughing Glad you've rectified that, I bloody love that show.

I know, absolutely shocking in hindsight. I blame those Channel 4 adverts. Otherwise, I've got no idea how I didn't cotton on to it sooner, after loving Graham Linehan's Father Ted and Black Books so much.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 22:38

I do wonder if the makers of the BBT watcher the IT Crowd (and didn't get it). It's a bloody funny show, but I think it overran. Last few were pretty bad.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 22:40

Drunkalilly wrote:
I do wonder if the makers of the BBT watcher the IT Crowd (and didn't get it). It's a bloody funny show, but I think it overran. Last few were pretty bad.

Honestly, with some of the episodes (especially The Work Outing), I haven't laughed so hard at a sitcom since Still Game was in it's original run. The final episode wasn't up to all that much though. Acht.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 22:42

Yeh, at its best it crowd was the funniest thing on TV, easily. The football episode will always get me.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyMon 11 May 2015 - 21:48

Four
I mean Five
I mean Fire
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyFri 15 May 2015 - 13:30

I'm loving the new Peter Kay show about car-sharing. Oh and Game of Thrones, natch.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyMon 18 May 2015 - 9:31

Big Brother's back! I have yet to warm to any of them, but there are definitely some that I actively do not like.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 19:35

Anyone watching that Humans on CH4 tonight it looks rather interesting.

Tomorrow is the last Episode of Game of Thrones this series, so I'll be cancelling my Now TV sub. I've been told by a few to then get Netflix for House of Cards, Daredevil & Orange is the new black.

Everyone seems to bang on about that last one but then a woman I was talking to last night seemed to think it was crap.

But would it still be worth getting Netflix.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptySun 14 Jun 2015 - 19:50

Daredevil is quality. Watched it all in about three days - captivating and brutal, especially considering it's a Marvel show.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 0:11

JayMoyles wrote:
Daredevil is quality. Watched it all in about three days - captivating and brutal, especially considering it's a Marvel show.
Going to be even better next season when The Punisher shows up. And Bullseye you'd assume.
Back to top Go down
Fastpie
Boo This Man .Gif
Fastpie

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 0:21

masofdas wrote:
Anyone watching that Humans on CH4 tonight it looks rather interesting.

Tomorrow is the last Episode of Game of Thrones this series,  so I'll be cancelling my Now TV sub.  I've been told by a few to then get Netflix for House of Cards, Daredevil & Orange is the new black.

Everyone seems to bang on about that last one but then a woman I was talking to last night seemed to think it was crap.

But would it still be worth getting Netflix.
On balance, I'd say yes, but not just for those shows. There's other cool stuff on there too (Bojack Horseman, anyone?), and it's aces if you can hack it to get different regions (Brother showed me how to use the Hola app to do that and I've never looked back). Been using this to watch rather too much Murder She Wrote lately... Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 2:56

Dead Lemon wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:
Going to be even better next season when The Punisher shows up. And Bullseye you'd assume.

You'd reckon Bullseye will turn up, aye! Punisher is played by Shane from The Walking Dead too.

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Dead Lemon
FMK Tagline
Dead Lemon

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptySat 20 Jun 2015 - 0:54

JayMoyles wrote:
Dead Lemon wrote:
JayMoyles wrote:

You'd reckon Bullseye will turn up, aye! Punisher is played by Shane from The Walking Dead too.

Happy with that casting, Shane was always a favourite of mine in TWD.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptySat 20 Jun 2015 - 9:55

Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, on the BBC. Well behind. I read it ages ago, and am trying desperately to keep ahead of the series in my re-reading.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 9:18

Netflix can be described as 'on the television', right? If so, we watched the finale of Better Call Saul last night. I really feel for Jimmy, so I do.

Someone I don't feel for is Frank Underwood, the lead character in the US House of Cards. That was recommended to us yesterday afternoon and we started watching last night. I said to Jo that it seemed like The Evil West Wing... it seems just as addictive as that show, too!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 18:44

I'm currently watching the latest season of Falling skies and Agent Carter, after one episode of the latter it is very promising indeed.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 19:28

Agent Carter is showing a lot more promise than Agents of SHIELD so far, it actually seems to be about something.

Humans had been really interesting, even with some awful writing for some of the non-robot bits. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

The only other things I'm watching with any regularity are New Girl and Total Divas...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyMon 20 Jul 2015 - 19:48

I love me some New Girl mainly for one reason also Humans has been fairly good

I just finished up with Daredevil, not sure what to watch next, I would like to see Agent Carter but I've not Sky or Now TV for Fox.

I'm thinking OITNB next unless someone suggests something else.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 EmptyTue 11 Aug 2015 - 19:29

And now all 3 seasons of OITNB watched, a excellent show now I don't no what to watch next.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you watching on the television?   What are you watching on the television? - Page 29 Empty

Back to top Go down

What are you watching on the television?
Page 29 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next