Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip

Go down 
+2
Tingle
masofdas
6 posters
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip Empty
PostSubject: Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip   Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip EmptySun 28 Sep 2014 - 17:20

Afternoon Guy's,

So here's my thoughts of mine and Ibbsters also another Chris but he's not a internet social person, so you won't know him. Sorry it's a bit of a wall of text, I've tried to split into paragraphs best I can.

Had to get up at 5.30am to get a coach which left at 7.15am & arrived in London at 10.45am ish then we had to get the underground at Victoria. What a pain that it's like herding cattle with people just on top of each other queuing to get on the train then your crammed in like sardines with people bumping into you along the way with no one saying sorry, excuse me or anything. I wouldn't want to use it for commuting or anything but guess one of the only options in London as driving is a bit of a issue up there.

Anyway we got to Earl's Court then queued till about 12 ish which started the day off by going upstairs first had a look around the Indies but couldn't spot Volume which I wanted to play. The first game any of us did played was Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F 2ND which you can watch Ibbster & Other Chris playing it there.

I recorded that as Andy & Jas asked if it was possible to record video or a podcast style thing, I done my best with my phone and what the people displaying would let me. The woman at the Sony booth wasn't to happy when I was recording Until Dawn being played. Also we did split up part way through the show.

After Miku we went to the 18+ zone, watched some Shadow of Mordor that's looking good. The first game I played and the other two did as well was The Evil Within on Xbox One. One side was PS4 the other was ONE, some guy in front could of played it quite quickly if he played it on PS4 but he kicked up a right fuss as he didn't want to play any PS4 which just seemed weird to me as this being a 3rd party game. The game it self I didn't like or how it was set up the chair was like a inch from the TV, if I was any closer I'd be in the game which felt a little off to me.

As the two others didn't want to try anything else upstairs they headed back down whilst I went to queue for Mortal Kombat X which I managed two get games in playing as new character Cassie Cage whom seemed decent to use & I also nearly got a flawless victory, it was running on PS4 which I was kind glad off as I use the D-Pad for fighters. There was few other titles upstairs that I would liked of maybe checked out but things like Alien Isolation I've got preordered, so wasn't to fused about playing it there.

I headed downstairs & to NINTENDO which I saw Ibbsters & other Chris queuing for Splatoon, so I went to go queue. It was 4 v 4, I didn't play against those two guys as they got to play before me they won there game. I then got my turn on the game and what a fun game the controls took a little bit of used to as you move the gamepad to aim not the r-stick like with most third person shooters. We lost, I was top on the team as at the end it shows the whole 8 players in order not just where you placed in your team. I was 3rd overall as well, I don't know if my previous experience of playing shooters helped or not.  

Other Chris then went off on his own, and me & Ibbsters stayed at Nintendo for a bit. They had a lot of games all crammed in on there space which also didn't help by Nintendo Store which I was disappointed with as online was saying discount on games and I asked you guys about ordering amiibo's but nope just T-Shirts.

There was NO Smash Wii U unless you qualified from playing it on 3DS which none of us played as it's out 5 day's & the queue was horrendous. We brought up in the Pokemon AS/OR about Nintendo doing some weird promoting this seemed to be like that as Smash on Wii U is there biggest game coming this year to the U but only a select few can play, surely you would want everyone to play it.

On to some more Nintendo games me & Ibbsters played Yoshi Woolly World in CO-OP, what a pain that was as we would eat each other then throw the person off edges instead of working together. We did eventually work together to finish the level. The game like splatoon was just fun also looked nice.

I then went to queue for Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric whilst I was doing that Ibbster played Captain Toad Treasure Tracker after he did that he went off to queue for Bayonetta 2 whilst I played Sonic and as there was no one behind me. I played the 15-20 minutes demo of it and guess what it was the most generic platformer ever run a little bit, bash some enemies. When it comes out can't see it getting more then 6/10 from anyone.

Whilst Ibbster was still in the Bayo 2 queue I played Azure Strike Gunvolt on 3DS which was on boss fight when I got to it, so that didn't go to well but looked nice. Shovel Knight on 3DS was very good and seemed to suite the 3DS quite well. Didn't get to play affordable space adventures as it had a little bit of a queue. Then had a look at the ammibo's on display, they look so good Ibbster has all 12 preordered in GAME with a £5 deposit on each that's going to be a expensive day for him.

I then went off on my own as Ibbster was still in the Bayo 2 queue. I spotted a Occulus Rift, so played something called Private Eye where you controlled a detective now in a wheel chair. I was surprised how good it was like when I looked down I could see I was in a wheel chair, only thing it wasn't great graphically, so it felt kinda strange being sat in this fake world also when you went to pick something up you had to use a controller where if it was slightly more realistic you'd might feel like putting your hand out to grab the note pad for instance. This is where Morpheus might have a slight edge as it has the camera to track you and playstation move which I could hold then put my hand out to pick up the note pad.

I would of tried more rift stuff like Eve Valkyrie but queues were pretty bad, so I headed to SONY where I queued up for what might be some more story driven games that the PS4 apparently doesn't have coming according to drunka.
Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip Sony_h11

I played Bloodborne first you got to play in till you died so could take about 30 minutes, I didn't last that long. At the start you get to pick one of 4 classes, I went for what people are touting to be the rogue like class with a pistol and two blades also I think slightly quicker. Looks gorgeous love the setting the enemies were nice in a Gothic horror type of way compared to boring old skeletons. I killed the first two enemies I saw rather easily, seemed a bit to rather easy I've not played much of the Soul's game but this seemed way more forgiving that's in till I got to a bridge and had to take on about 6 enemies, I got two of them with my Molotov Cocktail then I just got overwhelmed and died after about two hit's. I just couldn't figure how to switch between my two weapons quickly and do all the dodging like in the latest gameplay video.

Then I went on The Order: 1886 after requeueing as after you played one of the three games in the picture you had to go queue again. The Order was very cinematic all in widescreen, when it went to one bit I thought it was cut-scene but was in game and died but you were aloud to play this to the end of the demo. So got to end it seems like it will be story driven cinematic game but the gameplay was very basic third person shootering there was nothing wrong with it but if your not grabbed by the setting which is kinda similar to bloodborne then can't see you having much fun.

I didn't get to play Until Dawn as the queue for that was just over an hour long which I was really surprised about compared to the other two has to be the least wanted but hey Hayden Panettiere must just have a lot of fans. So I went to the indie zone which rather busy, managed to get a quick go on helldivers which was all right. I played some WWE2K15 whilst at Sony in the 3rd party section, when did wrestling games become so complicated with chain wrestling with the r-stick I used Cesaro against someone playing as Cena (does cena even chain wrestle) it was okay.

Sony also seemed to have the biggest stand it didn't feel crammed in like Nintendo also it had sofa's in the PS+ members aka the Dude Bro section with the 50ich (maybe bigger) TV playing FIFA and Destiny etc, but I did play Driveclub there in a proper bucket seat whilst eating some sweets that I got from the nice (female) Sony rep . I didn't think driveclub was to bad, it handled like a semi-realistic racer should when I was driving over ice you could feel the car losing a bit of grip to the road, I think this will be my racing game for the year (apart from MK8) seeing I can play it as part of PSN+ and really looking forward to, GNamer Social Club anyone.

I then headed to all two VITA's but they were in use, so then went off to Microsoft where I played NO games at all as there wasn't there much for me that I didn't all ready know about. What it was huge queues for FIFA 15 & Halo Master Chief Collection , I did want to play Ori and the Blind Forest but couldn't find it. That does sound a bit fanboyish that but MS had on show Fable Legends (that I would of played), FIFA 15 (we all know what it's going to be like), Forza Horizon 2 (I might of played if I had time), Halo Master Chief Collection (I've played all 4 games all ready), Ori and the Blind Forest (which I did really want to play), Project Spark (there's a BETA on the Xbox One, which I've played), Sunset Overdrive (Doesn't do anything for me) and that's all they had 7 games along with a small indie section also maybe KI season 2.

So I moved on from there I went to the retro section but as time was running out didn't play anything there but nice to see people play the Virtual Boy and little kids go what's that & point to things like the Atari Jaguar then people there explain all about. I went to the cosplay section but that was coming to a end but did see this cool one of Red from Transistor also she stayed in character as when I asked for her picture she stayed silent and just nodded her head
Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip Cospla10

Had a look at all the stalls which were all disappointing unless you like T-Shirts, Minecraft or Assassins Creed also seemed a missed opportunity to maybe have stand selling retro games.

As I had about 20 mins to kill, had a go on Lords of the Fallen which after playing Bloodborne seemed slow & archaic compared to it but this might be closer to a Soul's title though. As I couldn't play anything else as people were closing I watched someone play Until Dawn I tried to record it but Sony rep told me off but was aloud to stay and watch with out filming, it does look kind okay but would need to see a lot more of it. Watched some NBA2K15 looks very nice but I'm not big on NBA I was just passing it at the time back to Nintendo where I watched some Monster Hunter 4 & Bayo 2 with both looking sweet.

That was that, I enjoyed the day we did talk about after about maybe doing more day's next year not sure if I would want to do all 4 day's but maybe two to try the odd indie game or things like Ori and checkout the cosplay.

After we went to Leicester Square, popped to Tokyo Toy's (something like that) had some Burger King then head home.

As you will notice I didn't have Ibbsters thoughts on the games he played which I know are Bayo 2, Captain Toad, Kirby & The Rainbow Curse, Singstar Ultimate Party where he sang Call Me Maybe, Splatoon, Yoshi Woolly World and The Evil Within also what he thought's of the amiibo's as this was the first time he saw them in the flesh even with all those preorder and to see if he still wants all 12 . He might played of some others as well but not sure on that/

Hope enjoyed my post, if Ibbster gets back to me I'll let you know what he thought on anything.

Pictures from EGX:
Back to top Go down
Tingle
Splatted Goomba
Tingle

PostSubject: Re: Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip   Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014 - 21:32

Did you see any forest fairies?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip   Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip EmptyMon 29 Sep 2014 - 21:52

Nope, but I'm trying to work hoe this has over a 1000 views.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip   Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014 - 10:08

Probably someone refreshing the thread over and over.

I enjoyed the post Mas - I've always wanted to go to a convention. How did Shovel Knight look on 3DS, resolution-wise?

Also, maybe this should have went into the community forum?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip   Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip EmptyTue 30 Sep 2014 - 15:09

It looked good and felt at home on the 3DS, glad you enjoyed the post. It was a weird one where to put as I could of gone to all the threads like the bloodborne one and say it's great but they I would of done about 15 posts in a row and like you point out community would of made sense but decided in the end to go here due to fact it's mainly about general gaming.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip   Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip EmptyThu 2 Oct 2014 - 7:59

Maybe it's people being linked to the thread via other Forumotion forums?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip   Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip EmptyThu 2 Oct 2014 - 9:02

Fancy Fancy's sports thread has a similarly strange posts-to-views ratio.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip   Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip EmptyThu 2 Oct 2014 - 14:53

The question is, are you going to go next year now that it's in Brum? I'm thinking I'll go along as even if no one else goes, I can stay at mum's overnight and it won't be too pricey.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip   Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip EmptyThu 2 Oct 2014 - 15:33

Maybe, as I've driven to there before.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip   Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip EmptySat 4 Oct 2014 - 9:46

Birmingham? Excellent! Much more accessible. Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip   Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip Empty

Back to top Go down

Masofdas and Ibbsters EGX 2014 & London Trip
Page 1 of 1