We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Dead Lemon
Gogoata
fronkhead
Kornel
oldschool
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
Kieron
Fastpie
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Sentinator
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyMon 15 Dec 2014 - 14:10

Hope y'all enjoyed your online fights. One day, I'll be able to join in. One day...

For now, though, I love this game. So much to do. I'm plugging through the Challenges, without feeling like I've done it all before, despite owning SSB3DS. My only gripe (apart from Smash Tour, too many old stages, not enough new tunes, the clones, no new Mother or F-Zero stages, customisation being underused...) is that I don't have enough time to play it.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyMon 15 Dec 2014 - 15:15

Aye the fights we had were great fun but someone had a poopy net connection which lead to a few fights just not loading at all and no it isn't Nintendo's fault, it did iron out after a bit though and it was a right laugh.

Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 2:30

So what controls are we all using?

I personally found the DDR: Mario Mix dance mat exhausting and limited, as was the bongos. The lack of buttons really cost me dearly.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 IMG_0638

On the other hand, the Ferrari steering wheel worked like a treat. You get to move the character just moving the steering wheel left or right and the paddles behind the wheel are shoulder buttons. Plus, unlike the other methods mentioned, there are heaps of buttons to do everything. So this is my preferred controller.
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 IMG_0639

So glad I kept all of my old gaming stuff. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 9:12

...Oldschool, you're weird. Suspect

I'm using the Gamepad. It works fine, but the sticks are... maybe a bit too precise for my liking? I do have a GC adapter, but I need to dig out my GC controllers to use with it.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 12:24

Me weird Balladeer? Surely not. Just a little free spirited. Naughty
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 22:43

Damn Hippy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 22:47

I'm surprised they work as when we had the SMASH event nothing but offical pads would work. I know mat & bongos are but might of been slightly of and the wheel thought definitely wouldn't as it's not offical right.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 23:16

masofdas wrote:
I'm surprised they work as when we had the SMASH event nothing but offical pads would work. I know mat & bongos are but might of been slightly of and the wheel thought definitely wouldn't as it's not offical right.

The wheel is a Thrustmaster. That's right, I have a Thrustmaster. Winky Face
It just works like any of the other accessories. I didn't even think to use it until I was looking for something else and spotted it in the garage. Seriously, it works an absolute treat. I really enjoy movement left and right with the steering wheel.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyTue 16 Dec 2014 - 23:34

Managed to have some 6 player battles the other day, it was a great laugh and all the extra opponents made it a lot harder for me to dominate all the noobs as a 4 player smash would have, I need to get hold of a couple more Gamecube controllers to take it up to the magic 8 players. My only real gripe is that it drastically brought down the number of available stages which can get a little annoying after a bit, more so when the larger stages still feel like a struggle to see your character on.

I've not tried online yet, my timing when trying to join everyone seems to be rubbish, bring on the tournament update.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 10:53

oldschool, come back when you've wired up the Dreamcast fishing rod and the Rez buzzer. Rolling Eyes

(but srs, this is fascinating to know that you can even get these to work to any extent in Smash!)
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyWed 17 Dec 2014 - 11:07

I could go play Power Stone with the Fishing Rod that's close right.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 2:22

Hit my first frustrate-o-wall today with the event mode, it was the Pikachu one where they're all big and you're tiny, so difficult, it might be one where I have to submit and just do it on easy for now.

It was especially annoying as I played it right after I had a mare on my first attempt of Crazy orders. So I used a pass and in my first battle I somehow managed to slip off the stage and failed to make it back on, frustrated by my silly mistake I gave it another go and again did the same thing. 2 passes down and I didn't really fancy wasted too many more so I thought I'd make this one count only I went through the menu too quickly and ended up using 5000 coins to play. Thankfully I did alright the last time and came back with a bit of a haul but still annoying that it cost me 2 passes and 5000 coins. DAMN YOU!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 4:32

There really isn't that many frustrating matches in event mode maybe a handful or so, however the "true final battle" (on hard) can fuck right off! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU! Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit Hissy fit
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 7:44

Can't agree with you, Jas: I've found plenty of frustrating matches, on Hard anyway.  I've mentioned the naptime one, and Smurfy's bang on about the Pikachu event (if they should happen to blunder into the lightning before you, may as well restart then and there); but neither of these two can compare to Aura Mastery on Hard.  Neither I say!

Also had to try and help Luigi stay alive for a minute in Cruel Mêlée last night.  Should have been easier than it was: drop off edge, jump punch up, repeat until room to get up again.  But I kept trying to be clever. Sulk Done now, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyFri 19 Dec 2014 - 22:34

masofdas wrote:
I could go play Power Stone with the Fishing Rod that's close right.
Yes. Yes it is.

In terms of frustrating events: I've still mostly played co-op at the moment; my sister's so much better at Smash than me, I don't feel like we've hit any walls. On solo though, I suspect I'll come a cropper!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 2:50

Balladeer wrote:
Can't agree with you, Jas: I've found plenty of frustrating matches, on Hard anyway.  I've mentioned the naptime one, and Smurfy's bang on about the Pikachu event (if they should happen to blunder into the lightning before you, may as well restart then and there); but neither of these two can compare to Aura Mastery on Hard.  Neither I say!

I've only went on hard if there's a reward for it but I've found most of those to be a fair challenge rather than frustrating but the event I mentioned above makes those look like a cakewalk, anyhow on some events I've came up with a certain tactic & this might be considered cheating by some (I think it's clever Razz ) the few events on hard where I've had to KO fighters quickly I simply bait them slightly off screen then throw them to their doom.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 11:56

I'm doing them all on Hard, because apparently I'm some sort of masochist. Hungry Hungry Kirby - any tips, anyone?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptySat 20 Dec 2014 - 20:39

Keep your eyes peeled for the chests & only go after them, also try to follow the same path. (Don't double back on yourself)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Dec 2014 - 11:24

Anyone for some online gaming tonight? I was thinking we could start off with Super Smash Bros. Wii U at 8pm-ish tonight, then move onto Mario Kart 8 about an hour later. Hopefully we can get enough folk for a few groups of SSB and a big twelve-person session of MK8.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptySun 21 Dec 2014 - 13:36

On an unrelated topic (has to be, dunnit? Sulk ), I finished all the Event Matches today! On hard! With all victory conditions! Dance

The final event was every bit as bad as Jas had said it was, but I managed to cheap my way through it with Link's up-smash.  Sonic is a little blue asshat.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyMon 22 Dec 2014 - 0:19

I've now hit the mark where I'm stuck on a couple events now.. Might get the housemate that is kinda good at the game to do them.

Back to top Go down
Kornel
Splatted Goomba
Kornel

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyTue 23 Dec 2014 - 23:03

Yo, any of you fancy having a game with me?
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyTue 23 Dec 2014 - 23:31

Is that you, Kornel? http://www.computerandvideogames.com/by/35/kornel-lambert/
Back to top Go down
Kornel
Splatted Goomba
Kornel

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyTue 23 Dec 2014 - 23:54

Nope.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 EmptyThu 25 Dec 2014 - 7:44

I reckon the best way to go about getting a game, Kornel, is to put your NNID in this thread, then keep a watch on this thread (the one I'm posting this in).  Cappa and others tend to suggest online matches from time to time.

I'm finally closing in on the top row of challenges, although I'll admit to using Youtube to help me out with some of those: 4 Cruel Miis with Pit, perfects on all courses (before completely by chance getting a perfect with Pac-Man off the back wall), even completing the Master Fortress for the first time.  Some of the top row are just horrible, though: 9.0 without losing a life?  9.0 in under 12 minutes?  Shove off!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Page 7 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 16 ... 25  Next