We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U

Go down 
+22
Solve My Maze
Dead Lemon
Gogoata
fronkhead
Kornel
oldschool
The Cappuccino Kid
shanks
Kieron
Fastpie
Vidofnir
Athrun888
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
ZeroJones
Jimbob
The_Jaster
Sentinator
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Balladeer
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptySun 30 Nov 2014 - 19:47

Played today at the place I said to Drunka about and SMASH is mad in 8 actual people on a tiny screen. But was great fun loads gathered around this little TV just to watch SMASH, also played a game with amiibo's where my Marth & Wii Fit got to a sudden death and Ibbsters level 50 Wii Fit did nothing in the match came like 6th where my trained but lower level one's did much better.

Whilst playing we unlock a few characters and the room went crazy when a this one guy almost got beat by dark pit.

Also good to hear from this people looking at Wii U's or have just bought one for SMASH.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyTue 2 Dec 2014 - 0:41

I've only had one game of 8 Player smash so far, with the cpu of course and it was great fun, definitely works well even if it is madness, can't wait to give it a go in multiplayer now.

Need to try a few control methods I think as I've struggled to get used to the Gamepad and the Wii U pro controller thanks to the setup of the A,B,X,Y buttons, suppose I should make use of my Cube adapter seeing as I'm so lucky to have it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyWed 3 Dec 2014 - 22:26

Still loving this; my sister keeps beating me, but oh wells... Would love to do an 8-player local one time; might actually be able to find 7 other Smashers at my work, some to think of it.

Tangent time: My favourite villager skin is
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 Villager_alts_ssb4
the 6th one there. Because she's a dead ringer for the Goosebumps meme girl:
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 C4b
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyThu 4 Dec 2014 - 10:47

My copy has arrived at my parents', so I'll have it by Saturday. Woo!

In other news, this could be Sakurai's last Smash. Goodness knows the man deserves a rest, and I'm keen to see what he makes next. KIU2? Grin
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyThu 4 Dec 2014 - 12:36

My housemate owns me in this, we had a 5 stock smash and it was Mario Vs Luigi (me being Luigi) and well as hard as I tried I could not smash him off once. Confused

That and my Mario Amiibo is now level 50 and well is an interesting fight
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyFri 5 Dec 2014 - 23:17

Absolutely loving this version of smash, I played all star mode for the first time earlier and I was glad to see the health room was set up differently so no longer will I accidentally enter the door to the next match.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 9:34

Hasn't Sakurai said every one since melee was the last one?

Also loving this. Took it online with some guys from work, turns out I'm actually pretty good at it when compared to normal people (as opposed eye).
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptySat 6 Dec 2014 - 23:41

Finally got to have a shot at this. The Classic mode feels completely different from 3DS (bar the final boss), and I'm definitely up for playing it through again. Even Trophy Rush feels different enough!

But what really gets me down is the soundtrack selection. In Brawl, we had huge numbers of new remixes. Now we've got what is largely a "best of" from the last three, with a couple of new remixes thrown in. Surely a Gusty Garden remix was a shoe-in for the Galaxy stage? But no - we have two of the best soundtracks in gaming in DKCTF and SMG, and hardly any of their tunes used. Gutting.

Almost as gutting as there being no new Earthbound or F-Zero stage, in fact. Although the new Onett/Winters remix is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptySun 7 Dec 2014 - 13:17

Drunkalilly wrote:
Hasn't Sakurai said every one since melee was the last one?

That's very true - he does do that.

Still loving it; not had a chance to Smash for the last couple of days though Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 7:06

Took my Mario amiibo into battle on Saturday. Although he's never won, he's never been at the very bottom, either. The day is coming where he'll be first all the time, you mark my words. Mark them, I tells ya!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyMon 8 Dec 2014 - 7:44

And then the uprising starts...
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Dec 2014 - 21:16

Double post - other people have to be tootling away at this, shortly?

Anyway, I want to complain about something. (There's a surprise for y'all.) I don't want Nintendo to send me advertisements about this product. I really don't. So why does the message appear every single time I turn on? I say no, then it pops up again when I next fire it up. Sure, it takes me less than a half second to hit B, but why do I have to see it every time at all? My opinion's not going to change, and if it does they can stow it away in options.

It's not UbiSoft asking you to use uPlay every five seconds, but it's a worrying step along that road. I want Nintendo to be dragged kicking and screaming into the modern day in some ways, but this really isn't one of them. No
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyWed 10 Dec 2014 - 21:20

I had a great multiplayer session with some friends on Sat, but it hasn't been consuming much single player time. I can't say I've noticed any advertising though.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyThu 11 Dec 2014 - 1:28

I've had a few games with a couple of housemates and threw in Mariibo for the fun of it and well as Mario is at level 50 things did get interesting.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyThu 11 Dec 2014 - 7:19

In my case, it's fair to say that the 3DS release has taken the shine off this one. Training Mariibo (nice one, shanks) up is next but it'll take me a while.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyThu 11 Dec 2014 - 9:15

I thought that would be the case with me too, but it's not.  Really up for this.  The Event mode makes me swear and scream, but in a good way.

It seems harder than the 3DS version, but maybe that's because I'm not used to the extra sensitivity of a proper analogue stick.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyThu 11 Dec 2014 - 15:42

That's me unlocked all the characters now, R.O.B proved to be tricky as I decided to go the crazy orders (which is a great mode) route which means I had to do 10 turns then beat crazy hand (flanked by 2 Olimars) & then beat R.O.B himself.

Fighting as Mega man a lot more now that I understand his move set better than I ever did on 3ds.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyThu 11 Dec 2014 - 16:00

No you don't: I managed to unlock him with Crazy Hand as something like my eighth fight.

The Orders are great modes, buuuuuuut I'd still rather have something like the SSE. Still, Event Mode is the best it's ever been (and the most infuriating - It's Past Your Bedtime! on Hard DAMN YOU! ).
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptyThu 11 Dec 2014 - 16:55

Well google lied to me then, I still found it a challenge as I was only getting to 5 before I'd make a stupid mistake that'd result in my death.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptySun 14 Dec 2014 - 9:34

I'll be making my online debut in this magnificent, fantastic, amazing, sensational masterpiece of a game tonight - anyone fancying a few games with me?
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptySun 14 Dec 2014 - 9:38

What sort of time are you thinking? I had a few games with Jaster and Dusty yesterday and had a good laugh so will be up for more today.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptySun 14 Dec 2014 - 10:08

8ish? Maybe 9ish. Really whenever suits the most folk. Can you play with eight players online?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptySun 14 Dec 2014 - 10:26

Yes, Cap, I can make that time! Prepare to give me the worst beating of my life! Meh
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptySun 14 Dec 2014 - 10:26

Any time is fine with me, so I'll wait and see what others think. Unfortunately only 4 player online.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 EmptySun 14 Dec 2014 - 13:13

Aye I'd be up for some fights at 8ish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U   Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Page 6 of 25Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next