We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~

Go down 
+15
oldschool
Admin
Treesmurf
shanks
The Cappuccino Kid
Jimbob
Vidofnir
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Athrun888
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 8:24

Troo dat. Indulge in other hobbies for a bit! That said, I reckon you might be excited for gaming again by the 13th. Winky Face

I would be playing more of NNK, if I had more time by myself at home to do so.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptySat 7 Jan 2017 - 17:17

I've gone through that sort of thing plenty of times, often after finishing something I was super invested in. I just try to get some books read, and play some casual or multiplayer gaming like Monster Hunter or Titanfall.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 22:04

Ravi Drums is playing at Trump's inauguration concert.

Ravi. Drums.

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 Loldrums-1
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 22:21

How wonderfully apt. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:10

Trump's presidency will be to America what E3 2008 was to Nintendo . . .
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptySun 26 Feb 2017 - 9:30

This is really a Nintendo-specific random thought, but not tied to a specific system or anything

Playing the original Donkey Kong in order to just about beat Drunkalilly's score after loads of practice and knowing full well he'll take the lead again in 5 minutes, I was analysing the mechanics of the game - probably too much. Of course it's dated as all heck now, but there's something fascinating about seeing a game that's condensed down into 3 (or 4 when Nintendo can get their arses in gear DAMN YOU! ) screens of game. I really enjoyed the NES Remix games, dissecting classic NES games into mini-chunks, and of course there was Donkey Kong 94, which supersized the Kong experience.

Right now, I would really like Nintendo to create a retro game experience, essentially taking their franchises, and boiling them down to one or more screens of "fun"; you can get through the Donkey Kong levels in about 3 minutes. I did have the Zelda Game and Watch as a kid, but that was a bit too basic! But I'd love to play a 5 minute Reader's Digest of Ocarina of Time.

Or how about trying to fit all of Dark Souls into 256x240 pixels? I'd have a go myself if it weren't for (a) copyright infringement, (b) I am too lazy.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptySun 26 Feb 2017 - 9:46

Wasn't thier like a RPG on the PSP With each level bing 30 seconds long and like one screen?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptySun 26 Feb 2017 - 10:05

Although the number of screens had massively increased, I had the thought that Captain Toad was the modern day equivalent of Donkey Kong. The levels were fairly short and static, with a small number of ways to interact with them. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptySun 26 Feb 2017 - 16:54

Jimbob wrote:
Right now, I would really like Nintendo to create a retro game experience, essentially taking their franchises, and boiling them down to one or more screens of "fun"; you can get through the Donkey Kong levels in about 3 minutes. I did have the Zelda Game and Watch as a kid, but that was a bit too basic! But I'd love to play a 5 minute Reader's Digest of Ocarina of Time.
ZeroJones wrote:
Although the number of screens had massively increased, I had the thought that Captain Toad was the modern day equivalent of Donkey Kong. The levels were fairly short and static, with a small number of ways to interact with them. Thumbs Up!

Zero mentions Captain Toad and I'd say Super Mario 3D World and Land were quite similar. I actually think Nintendo are moving in the opposite direction right now! After Skyward Sword's bitty Hyrule, Breath of the Wild is very exploration heavy. Similarly, Super Mario Odyssey is moving back to the Marios of old.
Quote :
Or how about trying to fit all of Dark Souls into 256x240 pixels? I'd have a go myself if it  weren't for (a) copyright infringement, (b) I am too lazy.
Demakes are a big thing! Here's Souls for the ZX Spectrum. (skip to 3:35 if you're familiar enough with Spectrum load times)

masofdas wrote:
Wasn't thier like a RPG on the PSP With each level bing 30 seconds long and like one screen?
Yep! Half Minute Hero is the boy.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptySun 26 Feb 2017 - 19:41

You are all correct, and that is all fascinating (watching someone playing Souls for a bit longer now!)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 5:52

To probably nobody's surprise ever, I'm very glad that Nintendo are moving in the other direction.  There's still room for the odd game like Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (see... er... Captain Toad Treasure Tracker), and I like how some of those levels unfolded like clever automata and would actually love to have seen them do more with the concept.  For the most part, though?  Give me extra exploration any day.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 10:27

Weighing in that Half Minute Hero is a good game worth playing
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyMon 27 Feb 2017 - 20:53

Seconding that! I had a lot of fun with that game - it's almost more of a puzzler than an RPG, I'd say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 19:20

Clearly, B.J. Thomas' As Long As We've Got Each Other' should be the Switch's eShop music.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyWed 8 Mar 2017 - 21:32

That's a fly jam.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptySun 12 Mar 2017 - 9:32

Holy crap I've only just listened to that - yeah, that should be the eShop music Cappa! And also in Zelda when you're on a horse.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyWed 15 Mar 2017 - 22:24

I'm not buying any more Wii U games. Jo has promised the Wii U to the nephews, but not before I work through the backlog. I want to clear all the eShop games, alongside Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, The Wonderful 101, Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Batman: Arkham Origins. Thumbs Up!

Don't know if this is the right thread for this.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyFri 24 Mar 2017 - 12:06

Not sure where to put this, but I'm itching to play some fighting games. Generally speaking, I'm after those games that you can dip in and out of, or play for 10 minutes and enjoy it. I look at all the top games nowadays and they are big adventures - this year alone has seen Yakuza, Resi 7, Nioh, Zelda, Horizon, Nier etc. Has anyone dabbled in recent versions of Guilty Gear, BlazBlue, DOA or anticipating the new Tekken?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyFri 24 Mar 2017 - 14:49

Not sure I would call 7hr RE7 a big adventure.

Fighting games are a strange one as we had the point where we had loads and now they've died off again but things like DOA5: LR is free to play on PS4 and Injustice 2 will be pretty good even though it won't stay around at the likes of Evo for very long, then you've got Tekken 7 to come but I've found Tekken to be a bit pants over the last few years, Pocket Rumbe for Switch this month at somepoint.

We do have a thread for the genre.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyFri 31 Mar 2017 - 19:15

So it's four weeks to the day since Switchlaunch - can I hear more about Ever Oasis and 3DS Pikmin now please?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyFri 31 Mar 2017 - 20:03

I'd entirely forgotten about both of them. Shocked Odds of them being sent out to die, à la MSS, or getting at least a dual-release on Switch?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyFri 31 Mar 2017 - 20:28

MSS would have been sent out to die in an otherwise totally barren month - it's not good. I was hoping to get a review on it together and end it with something like "It should have been called 'Mario International Sports Superstars' or 'Mario Extreme Sports Superstars', because 'MISS' and 'MESS' are much better acronyms for it."

Anyway, they'd certainly have to pick the release dates carefully to avoid them being pushed to one side by Switch games, for sure. Aww!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptySat 1 Apr 2017 - 10:40

I've ordered FE: Echoes but I really don't want to go back to the 3DS now, both the games you bring up ZJ have to be utterly fantastic now for me to pick up my 3DS.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyThu 6 Apr 2017 - 10:21

Double Combo

With reviews of Yooka-Laylee being so-so and it sitting on a 71 on Meta which isn't a bad score by no means but from reviews it seems it would put Andy off for instance with it's basically feels like a N64 game with N64 game problems.

Which Banjo, SM64 can get away with due to rose-tinted glasses I say that though but I think Balla had issues with SM64 whilst replaying it on the VC.

Now I've backed loads on Kickstarter with a few being new games like Hollow Knight which has a 86 on Meta but with Mighty Number 9 made from whom you want to make a new Mega Man and same goes for Yooka both not setting the world on fire.

Does this put you off backing anything and does it make you worry about the likes of Bloodstained & Shenmue III as both are following on from classic games with people who you want making them doing them or does likes of Broken Age still feel you with confidence.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 EmptyThu 6 Apr 2017 - 17:22

Yooka Laylee seems to have delivered exactly what was expected, which wasn't for everyone. I don't think anyone's too surprised by the reviews. As for Mighty No 9, that was a pretty one-time debacle.

I've never kickstarted anything, but not because of games like that. I just don't have the dollar to pay for games unless I'mma play 'em.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~   Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~ - Page 30 Empty

Back to top Go down

Random Gaming Thoughts II ~News Items Beware~
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next