We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style

Go down 
+25
Balladeer
Rum
gjones
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
Muss
OrangeRakoon
Jimbob
Buskalilly
Gogoata
2grundies
Fancy Fancy
fronkhead
Dusty Knackers
Kezz182
mandlecreed
SuperPaperLink
masofdas
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
Treesmurf
Silver light
Admin
shanks
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyTue 30 Aug 2016 - 16:10

Fair enough, you know I'm just being obtuse Razz

My latest two PS4 games are NMS and now Deus Ex: MD. Deus Ex is basically more HR. Which is good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyTue 30 Aug 2016 - 16:11

Something we agree on! I really enjoyed MD, just wish there was more of it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 21:02

For those that haven't picked up Overwatch, a free weekend is coming soon
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 21:07

I'll likely give it a bash next weekend, although I'm working Fri/Sat of that weekend...

Is there a party system, Mas? I'd rather play with you lot than a load of randoms, all told.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 21:12

Yeah there is a party system, but like you I am working that weekend.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 21:19

Maybe one of the evenings or on the Sunday we can get a group together. I'd imagine Andy will be about for it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 21:22

Sunday after 5 would work for me that weekend, also could EofGiz on as well and possibly some more and we could get a full team.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyThu 1 Sep 2016 - 21:25

Let's rock with that. Thumbs Up!

I'll try and get some practice in on Friday or Saturday so I'm not totally abysmal when we play on Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptySun 4 Sep 2016 - 10:10

Definitely up for giving this a fair trial.It's also down to 30 of your British quids on amazon so I might even pick this up if I like it. That said I really need to get monster hunting!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptySun 4 Sep 2016 - 12:33

Bargain at £30 as Overwatch at the moment is still the second best game I've played this year.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2016 - 21:33

Muss wrote:
Definitely up for giving this a fair trial.It's also down to 30 of your British quids on amazon so I might even pick this up if I like it.

Yeah, if I take to this I'll likely grab it at that price. Although, Phoenix Wright and XCOM 2 are this month...

Last edited by JayMoyles on Mon 5 Sep 2016 - 21:49; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2016 - 21:37

X-com 2 is bloody amazing, but the console launch of its predecessor was quite buggy, although it got fixed eventually.

They've taken their time porting it this time so maybe there won't be issues, but it might be an idea to wait a few days to see what the situation is with it. X-com 2 ran like pish on pc until they patched it, although that didn't stop it being great even then.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyMon 5 Sep 2016 - 21:45

After my last big console purchase, I'll absolutely be hanging back on buying XCOM 2. Lessons have been learned. Mad
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyFri 9 Sep 2016 - 14:32

For those interested in the Overwatch free weekend, I think it starts as of 11am pbt time, or 6pm for us lot. They've also knocked down the digital price down, but it'd still be cheaper to get it from a shop.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyFri 9 Sep 2016 - 14:41

I'm in work till 9 tonight but will be on the game and I can now play a few characters that I if you want to play Solider then I'll play Mei and so on.

Depends how much as cheapest place I've seen instore is £35 and it's the sort of game you want as a download as it's more of service.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyFri 9 Sep 2016 - 14:55

I've seen it at the £30 mark on amazon, but Insane Games had it for £35 which seems reasonable, so that's a fiver-tenner cheaper than a download which is still at £40.

I don't really see why it being a "service," which I'd dispute anyway, would make a download more attractive though. Do whatever's cheapest/most ethical in my book. Ie, support tax paying stores if they're not a rip off Thumbs Up! .
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyFri 9 Sep 2016 - 15:07

I think I saw it in Sainsburys for about 30. I'm definitely jumping on over the weekend at some point, but doubt it'll be downloaded tonight early enough for me to try.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyFri 9 Sep 2016 - 17:57

It like Destiny are just the sort of games that suit downloads more than a disc, just something about them.

Yeah I always go for the cheapest which unfortunately is online stores and not the local independent shop.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 16:50

I bought a PS4 last week along with Fallout 4 and The Last of Us, and downloaded Hyper Light Drifter too. (HLD was because I thought it looked really awesome and it was on sale, though I'm easily frustrated so doubt I'll ever finish it!)

Add me, PlayStation palz! I'm rumrapture and currently have nada buddies. Also can anyone give me recommendations for games too? I'm kind of a PS4 virgin.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 16:56

Did you have a PS3? Did you have a 360?

As remasters etc such as The Last of Us which you picked can or can't be recommend based on that.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 16:59

This is my first PlayStation, I have a 360 and Wii U already.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 17:17

Dam they there is loads of games then to pick from even with a 360 last gen.

This is just retail:

Uncharted Trilogy
Uncharted 4
Valkyria Chronicles
Witcher III
Ratchet & Clank
Odin Sphere
Tearaway Unfolded
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Builders
Gravity Rush
Metal Gear Solid V
Dark Souls III
Until Dawn
inFAMOUS: Second Son
inFAMOUS: First Light
Bloodborne
Life is Strange
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
DIGIMON Story: Cyber Sleuth
Overwatch
Journey Collectors Edition
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
Heavy Rain and Beyond Collection
God of War III
XCOM 2
Rise of the Tomb Raider

PlayStations have always great support from Japan and the PS4 has some weird games and of course the annual sport titles, cods etc I don't know if you care about those or not.

I'm not going into PSN games as that could be very long.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 18:04

That's a solid start! I was deliberately vague just because I want to keep an open mind but it's always a bit overwhelming just looking at the library of games out there.

I've just signed up to the free trial of PlayStation Now, which I think I could be suckered into paying for because it's a pretty massive library of games (not all great, granted, but a solid selection of titles I've never had access to before like Ico, and lots of potential playtime out of e.g. all those Lego titles) and ordered FFX/X-2 HD off the internet, but if anyone else has other titles to draw my attention to, please help a guy out!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 22:07

Mas has a pretty good list, though I'd say a lot of those are non-essentials, particularly Type-0, Digimon, Dragon Quest Heroes and FFX, good time killers but none spectacular must plays. My usual opinion stands on Journey, Beyond: Two Souls and Gravity Rush, though all are cheap enough to go into the give it a try category.

God of War 3 is a pretty awful starting point for the series, if you're picking up now I think the 1&2 might be on there, not 100% though. DmC is a better shot if you haven't played that anyway.

If you're wanting some local multiplayer at all Stikbold & Towerfall can't be beaten.

Few extras that are a lot of fun:
Wolfenstein: The New Order, fun old school style shooter.
Doom - Like Wolfenstein, but even old schoolyer
Dragon Age: Inquistion (though only really if you've played and enjoyed the first 2).
All 3 Assassin's Creed games are worth a shot, though aside from IV none reinvent the wheel, so you'll probably know if you like this.
Far Cry 4 is great, a lot like 3, so you may know if this is your cup of tea.
Destiny is available as a full pack now, don't think I could recommend unless you can find yourself a group to regularly play with.
Star Wars Battlefront is the ultimate combination of Star Wars and shooting, so that's pretty snazzy.
Batman Arkham Knight is brilliant, if you've played/like the others get on it!
Fallout 4 is good if you like Bethesda games
Evil Within is my favourite Surivival Horror on PS4, others like Alien Isolation.
Mafia 3 is ace, though playing at the moment so probably worth waiting for the hype to die

That's all I can think of for now, but there will always be more.

Edit: A few more: Just Cause 3 - More Just Cause fun, but alot slicker than the 2nd
Driveclub - didn't launch well but it's quite the package these days!
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - If you liked Human Revolution you'll love this. Brilliant RPG/Stealth game.
Mirror's Edge: Catalyst - more Mirror's Edge in a big open world that still feels as tight as the original.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 EmptyTue 11 Oct 2016 - 6:57

Rum Rapture wrote:
I bought a PS4 last week along with Fallout 4 and The Last of Us, and downloaded Hyper Light Drifter too. (HLD was because I thought it looked really awesome and it was on sale, though I'm easily frustrated so doubt I'll ever finish it!)

Add me, PlayStation palz! I'm rumrapture and currently have nada buddies. Also can anyone give me recommendations for games too? I'm kind of a PS4 virgin.

I've sent ye a friend request.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style    What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style  - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

What you playing PS4 / PS5 Style
Page 9 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 16 ... 23  Next