We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What do you mean, you've never played...

Go down 
+12
shanks
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
Admin
Athrun888
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Fastpie
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
masofdas
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 11:27

I've never played the last two games I mentioned because I know I've got no hope of finishing them, aneurysm or not. No
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptyMon 19 Jan 2015 - 11:54

Shite mechanics there timeless, I can't see REmake HD being reviewed under 90 on meta.

The enemies are better in 2 though like the licker and birkin.

Well I was searching for resident evil and those came up, I don't even know who digital spy is. But I know of a source that you do kinda trust, the rotating platform RE2 would of gone in in till the mess up with recording, so it ended up in the lava.

On Ninja Gaiden, Black on the OG X-Box has to be the best but I reckon your talking old school NES which from what I played might make Dark Souls look like a cake walk.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptyWed 21 Jan 2015 - 22:59

masofdas wrote:
But I know of a source that you do kinda trust, the rotating platform RE2 would of gone in in till the mess up with recording, so it ended up in the lava.

As much as I love the guys, knowing the way they approach it means "it made it on to the Space Ark" is no guarantee on anything. I bet that no Zelda games ever make it on there.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptyThu 22 Jan 2015 - 22:04

Yeah maybe but REmake HD is about a 84 on meta which is a bit less then I thought but hey that's not bad for a shite game as Andy put it.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 20:48

We did Podcast 4 this evening and I get some stick for not playing a lot of DS games and guess Wii games would also come into this.

Anyway I bought Ghost Trick, anything else I really should play which are cheap. So not Chrono Trigger.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 22:51

Can't believe it's me telling you this, but sonic rush.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 22:55

I will check it out at some point.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 23:14

All three of the DS-exclusive Sonic platformers (Rush, Rush Adventure and Colours) are well worth getting.

There's lots of quirky stuff from the first year of the DS that's good for dipping into if you're a curious-minded gamer. Pac Pix, Truama Centre, Electroplankton, Meteos, Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble, Nintendo Touch Golf: Birdie Challenge...I'd haul myself down to CEX and have a butchers if I were you.

Otherwise, the Layton games are quality.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptySun 10 May 2015 - 23:26

I always do along with other systems but nothing ever really takes my fancy. If it does I always think will I play it or could I use the money towards something else.

It's one of the reasons I missed the DS/Wii pretty much as that was £30-40 I could of been using to buy a PS360 game at the time when all were the current system.

I picked up Ghost Trick though as I have heard people bang on about it a lot.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 May 2015 - 12:08

Drunkalilly wrote:
Can't believe it's me telling you this, but sonic rush.

masofdas wrote:
I will check it out at some point.

Then most likely you will realise all other Sonic games are pish in comparison.

EDIT: some game suggestions: GTA: chinatown wars, Jam with the band & Bangai 0: spirits.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 May 2015 - 15:21

I doubt it but mega drive sonics I've got nostalgia,  Sonic CD I didn't play till years after & from what I played I get why it's considered the best.  But Pocket Adventure right up there.  

I could see rush being better than the others though.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 11 May 2015 - 23:28; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 May 2015 - 23:22

My trio: Castlevania: Portrait Of Ruin, Dragon Quest IX (my favourite DS game) and, naturally, Inazuma Eleven.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 May 2015 - 9:22

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Keeping this retro, I guess the biggest one is probably Shenmue (and it's sequel). There's lots of PlayStation and XBox stuff I've not played either.

You'd need a Dreamcast for Shenmue, as it's essential to the sequel in terms of story, but also because you can transfer your save file (including collected toys/prizes) over to the second game. Both games are arguably my favourite ever (so take this with a pinch of salt) but the first one is a must-play. It has longer loading times than the sequel and the shoddy voice acting can nullify some of the atmosphere, but the incredible soundtrack and smaller, more close-knit levels make it a more personal game than the larger, more open sequel. I also preferred the Dreamcast's Shenmue 2 to the Xbox version, as it felt like the natural progression from 1 - Ryo goes to a foreign land (Hong Kong) which is this daunting, skyscraper-filled city and the Japanese dialogue added to that sense of scale, particularly having come from the village and small town of Yokosuka and Dobuita, respectively.

My personal admission is I've never played Skyward Sword, and have never completed a Zelda game. Ocarina of Time I got to the Shadow Temple and Twilight Princess I got to the Sky Temple, and must have sunk 60 hours in to each game. They just irritated me, and haven't returned to them. I'm not sure how to feel about the new Zelda game, having tried to like A Link to the Past and Wind Waker but failing to get further than the first hour or two.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptyTue 12 May 2015 - 9:51

I think he still owns a Dreamcast but I know he has a 360 so at worse he could play the XBOX version of 2 & watch the 1st.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 EmptySat 16 May 2015 - 18:05

Yeah, I highly recommend Shenmue as well, and I played Shenmue 2 before Shenmue 1 (both on Dreamcast), mainly because I couldn't find the first game at the time. The less you know going into it the better as well, it's a good thing few games are like Shenmue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you mean, you've never played...    What do you mean, you've never played...   - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you mean, you've never played...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3