We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GNamer Major Writes Site

Go down 
+16
Fastpie
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
Dead Lemon
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
Sylveon
Jimbob
masofdas
ZeroJones
Balladeer
Admin
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016 - 12:17

Apologies to Balla and Yo-Kai Watch, but here's a review for all the animé fans out there.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016 - 12:46

You could've given me three days at the top, like I gave Zero. Aww!Aww! Will read that shortly.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016 - 12:49

With games we actually get sent, I like to get the review up ASAP- it only feels polite.

Also, most of our page hits come through links from elsewhere, not people visiting the front page, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016 - 14:35

Excellent review which even David at Deep Silver said brilliant too.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyWed 29 Jun 2016 - 17:23

Yup, Drunka pulls it out of the top draw again, like an anime fan's secret stash. Embarrassed

I've also refined my Kirby Planet Robobot review, now that I've played the RPG bit to completion. Hunt for the adapted paragraph here!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 14:06

My review of Lost Sea is up, basically it should have been made for mobile
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyThu 7 Jul 2016 - 18:43

I knock myself of the front page with my Adventures of Mana review, which Zero may like
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyFri 8 Jul 2016 - 8:56

Thanks for the rec, mas, but the Mana series has been tainted for me ever since Heroes Of Mana (just above average) was followed by Children Of Mana (very below par) (opinions all my own). I'm passing!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyFri 8 Jul 2016 - 9:08

It's a odd series, as I think they're all very simple which makes them seem average especially being Zelda-likes but for someone young they might be ideal but I think AoM will be picked up by fans of the MANA series along with the odd person that's curious as they've heard about this long running series.

Which I thought you may have been along with looking for something maybe on your smartphone as it's only £7 (I think).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptySun 17 Jul 2016 - 9:57

EofGiz has put up his Odin Sphere review on the site, sounds very good but to many games at the moment for me to pick up the game.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2016 - 10:03

A BoxBoxBoy! review appears! More capital letters - and typos - than you can shake a box at.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2016 - 16:22

It has certainly convinced me... to pick up BoxBoy. Maybe I'll come back for BoxBoxBoy later.

Also: dat ability to produce two sets of boxes had me creased up. Applause
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2016 - 19:21

Great! It's a fun little game - a real surprise package. I know there's a danger of over-recommending things but BB! is such good fun, I'm sure you'll like it.

And thank you. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyWed 20 Jul 2016 - 19:33

Zero said I could so I've knocked of his BoxBoxBoy! review with my Dex review which I would sort of recommend to a Drunka when cheap or maybe even a Zero when it comes to Wii U and it's been the best thing for awhile on the system.

But I've got issues with it as I do like lots about the game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyTue 2 Aug 2016 - 9:49

Drunka hasn't linked his great review of VA-11 HALL-A , if I didn't know it was coming to VITA then I may have bought the game of STEAM from this review alone
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyMon 8 Aug 2016 - 11:53

Triple Post

Just done something on Square Enix which includes NX news
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyMon 8 Aug 2016 - 12:02

Nice work, mas! Grin Poor Square-Enix. Their stock with gamers goes up and down like a yo-yo in an earthquake. Thumbs Down... / Thumbs Up! Winky Face That said, I am pining for Dragon Quest VII and seeing them quite openly supporting the NX - whatever it might be! - is a good sign.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptyFri 26 Aug 2016 - 22:10

Erm...  Mr. Summerhayes, by putting a picture of a new gen. 7 Pokémon as your first picture above the title in your new article (SPOILER IN LINK), that becomes visible to people who might just be scrolling past through the Articles page.  It's also the first thing seen by those who click on a link, who might not have read the entire spoiler text (it doesn't all fit in the preview on some sites).

Maybe put that picture further down, and use one of a 'poorly designed' gen. 6 or earlier 'Mon for the header?  I'm not fussed, I've already seen that one (I think it's bad by the way, but no worse than some of the early-genners), but others might well be.

Really want to read the rest of the article, especially because that is a sore spot for me - odds are they're not worse, you're just older and less forgiving.  Won't though, not for two months. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptySat 27 Aug 2016 - 7:45

1) That's annoying, I tried to make it so the thumbnail would appear instead but apparently it doesn't quite work like that? I've swapped it.

2) That's the only new Pokémon I actually mention, so feel free to read.

3) I wrote this as part of my application to work at videogamer.com, but as they didn't take me I've uplaoded it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptySat 27 Aug 2016 - 8:35

I'm sorry to hear that Drunkski. Aww! Keep at it.

(Also, I know I'm a pedant and that nobody normally cares, but do get someone to proof-read your work. I spotted two grammar/spelling mistakes in my readthrough, and I'd reckon that for most writing gigs that's an auto-black mark.)

Although I love yokai, and some Pokémon do obviously fit the tsukumogami theme (the Chandelure family for example), I'd never thought of classing all the inanimate object Pokés (e.g. Vanilluxe) under the same blanket. It's a fair point. However I still feel that some tsuku-based Pokémon are better designed than others: yon new one in the article does look a bit mince to me, at least the first form does, while Chandelure is one of my top seven Pokémons (or maybe Lampent? Hmm).

Obviously the first gen. aren't outright better though. Spheal > Seel, Ditto, Mr. Mime, Jynx... There be powerful nostalgia at work there.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptySat 27 Aug 2016 - 9:41

I never applied for Video Gamer as you had to do a Video in there style, which I'm guessing your Tumblestone review was that.

I applied for the OXM Job myself, which my reply was not enough experience.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptySat 27 Aug 2016 - 10:38

I'm still in the running in the OXM one, but they keep emailing me to wait another couple of weeks Rolling Eyes

I'm fairly sure the typos you mentioned are from the rush Jon of editing it for the site. As I've said before, feel free to go in and fix them on my Ginty pieces.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptySat 27 Aug 2016 - 10:42

Cool at lesast one of us is, what did you send them if you don't mind me asking, as I sent them mainly stuff from Retro Collect as I thought that would be better then a much much smaller fan site (I did send a few Gintendo things over as well of mine but not as much).
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptySat 27 Aug 2016 - 11:41

I sent them my CV, which references Gintendo as well as my work in the police and the local newspaper, and a bespoke piece about Bioshock 2 adapted from my old review.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 EmptySat 27 Aug 2016 - 11:53

Good luck, lad. I normally put "Good luck and good skill" to things like this, but you already have the skill part. Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GNamer Major Writes Site   GNamer Major Writes Site - Page 23 Empty

Back to top Go down

GNamer Major Writes Site
Page 23 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 30 ... 37  Next