We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII

Go down 
+17
Muss
gjones
oldschool
Dead Lemon
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
Jimbob
fronkhead
Balladeer
Admin
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 10:55

Have you got into the Plague of Shadows DLC?

DIGRESSION ALERT: That began life as 'Plage Of Shadows'. Those dark French beaches! Rolling Eyes

In my humble, unsubtle and often wrong opinion, it's even better than the original game. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 11:17

Tongue
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 11:28

Not yet, got other things to play. It is sat on my 3DS home screen though, so I'm sure I'll get to it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 13:29

Drunkalilly wrote:
Shovel Knight
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 Shovel-knight-logo

Played a lot of this while I was in France/ on planes and buses. A remarkable little game. Amazing music, beautifully, artfully drawn sprite work, immense amounts of character and perfect gameplay. I can't really fault it on anything. I even cared about the story at the end there.

10/10
Shut up Balla.

YASS!

ZeroJones wrote:
Have you got into the Plague of Shadows DLC?

DIGRESSION ALERT: That began life as 'Plage Of Shadows'. Those dark French beaches! Rolling Eyes

In my humble, unsubtle and often wrong opinion, it's even better than the original game. Thumbs Up!

I honestly can't pick between them as both are absolutely superb but I can see why you'd think that. Smile
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptySat 23 Apr 2016 - 14:18

Star Fox Zero

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 Latest?cb=20150616192803

Slight spoilers about final boss:

Whilst its technical issues worry me, Star Fox Zero is a great little game, well worth playing despite its faults.

16/20

Last edited by ZeroJones on Sun 24 Apr 2016 - 10:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 9:47

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 1-kororinpa

Found the mighty Kororinpa in GAME on Friday afternoon for £1.99. I've had this for ages, but my original copy is 175 miles away, and I felt like playing it again. What was pretty scandalous for £39.99 ten years ago is really good value at £1.99 today. It lacks content and can be polished off in two hours, but it uses the Wii Remote better than about 95% of the Wii games I've played, and it's got a decent amount of challenge to it. I really like it's light-heartedness and how jaunty it all is. It's the game Super Monkey Ball could be today. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 16:04

Ah, cool! I really liked Kororinpa (even though, as you mention, I bought it at mega-expensive prices during the early Wii drought). I even enjoyed the motion control, as it was about subtle adjustment rather than SHAKE ME PROPERLY!
If only Hudson would make a sequel! Oh wait...
But their game rights were bought by Konami. If only Konami would make a sequel! Oh wait...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 16:27

Maybe I've missed another gag in there, but Hudson Soft did make a sequel, called Marbles! Balance Challenge. Nobody could blame you for missing it with a name like that, in all fairness. Unfortunately, Hudson Soft changed the sensitivity of the motion control for the sequel. It plays a bit differently as a result, and it's noticably much more sluggish. Purely because of that, I couldn't get into it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 18:08

Oh shit! They did! I forgot about that. I remember Charlotte Martyn making up one or more other ridiculous titles now. I was thinking more of a WiiU successor - tilting the pad about.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 18:13

If TPHD hasn't done that for its cute random marble challenge, I don't even want to know.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 19:02

I've fond memories of Kororinpa purely because of how ridiculous you could be with beating the levels. You could flick the Wiimote and launch your marble straight into the finish if you did it just right. Also - panda ball. PANDA. BALL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 19:22

Cappa's image makes it look like Yoshi's Woolly World - The Marble Rolling Game

DIGRESSION ALERT: Has that genre died, do we think? I was never massively into it but it seems to have vanished.

I was reminded of it just before Cappa's post when mandle tweeted a picture of his games shelf and Kororinpa was on it. Y'all are making we want to play it!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptySun 24 Apr 2016 - 20:25

Tales Of Zestiria

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 Toz_pr11

Another year, another Tales Of.  The long and short of it: this was neither the best tales game I've played nor the worst.  Landing somewhere in the middle, it has some pretty big highs and some pretty big annoyances too.  

The story was pretty good, more interesting than your typical modern Final Fantasy but nowhere near the hights of Xillia and its brilliant clash of ideologies of free rule vs well run dictatorship.  Going back to a more typical clash of pure good vs pure evil, the concept of corruption played a big role in the events that unfolded.  

The good was a fun if slightly simpler battle system (still a million miles better than Abyss) and some really really good story sections.  The bad was the camera, which while not as bad as some have claimed is indeed a bit of an issue at times, proving they really should have stuck with the tried and true method of having a battle take place in a specific screen separate from the overworld.  Also bad was some under-utilized plot elements, including a potentially interesting villain that ultimately did naff all and left the story pathetically.  

This game won't sway anybody not already a fan of the franchise, but fans of the JRPG genre (Final Fantasy and Persona particularly) will likely find the game worth a play, and at a short 35-40 hours in length (I dragged my feet a bit) it's well worth a play.  

Oh, and the music deserves a special mention, Motoi Sakuraba (of Valkyrie Profile and Dark Souls 1 fame) and Go Shiina (God Eater) co-composed the soundtrack, with Go Shiina producing some absolutely AMAZING music.  Takes a lot to impress me nowadays when it comes to game music, Go Shiina's contributions to the soundtrack did just that.  

Final verdict: 7.5 out of 10
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptyMon 2 May 2016 - 17:06

I actually finished a game

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 Uncharted-2-PS4-remastered

This is a odd one as it was in my Top 25 games ever Uncharted 2 but I hadn't played it since 2009 and Balla often talks of nostalgia blinding us. I think he might be right as 7 years on Uncharted 2 looks great on PS4 and is still a great game but since then we've had both Tomb Raider & Rise of the Tomb Raider which have took the Uncharted formula and improved on it.

I'm planning to play Uncharted 3 next before Uncharted 4 is out back when it came out I didn't think it was as a good as the second but I will soon find out.

I hope I don't get Uncharted fatigue by the time 4 comes around as from previews so far people are saying it's Naughty Dog's best game ever and remember they made the second coming which is The Last of Us.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptyMon 2 May 2016 - 22:01

No, Tomb Raider hasn't taken the Uncharted format and improved on it, it's a very different game that does very different things. Tomb Raider is an open world, half arsed survival game with a bit too much combat. Uncharted is a linear action game with great set pieces, story and charm.

Tomb Raider may be considered more fun to play, but that's the only area it can compete with Uncharted. (Also I don't think the PS4 ports are the best, I've played both versions of 3 within the last year and I think the PS3 version played much better and looked less patchy)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptyMon 2 May 2016 - 22:37

To me the new Tomb Raiders have very much looked at the Uncharted games and what they do and done very similar and Uncharted 4 from that from what we've seen has open world type sections which some have been comparing to MGS5.

I'm not saying Uncharted 2 is a bad game, it's still easily a high 8 just with time things have got better in gaming.

Yeah been playing 3 and seems to be the worst of the three remasters which is funny as you'd think that be the first Uncharted. But this is my only option to play Uncharted 3 again and nothing has affected the way the games plays.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptyTue 3 May 2016 - 6:49

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Tomb Raider may be considered more fun to play, but that's the only area it can compete with Uncharted.

So, the most important thing about games then. Razz
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptyTue 3 May 2016 - 7:47

Mas, what are you comparing to Uncharted? I just don't get the comparison, 3rd person shooting with a bit of climbing? Is that it?

Balladeer wrote:
Crumpy Andy wrote:
Tomb Raider may be considered more fun to play, but that's the only area it can compete with Uncharted.

So, the most important thing about games then. Razz
When I say more fun I'm meaning marginally, plus it's not like that's the only thing that's important or we'd all hate Tellktales Games.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptyTue 3 May 2016 - 10:15

Loads of things even the plots are pretty much the same.

Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptyTue 3 May 2016 - 10:21

Crumpy Andy wrote:
When I say more fun I'm meaning marginally, plus it's not like that's the only thing that's important or we'd all hate Tellktales Games.

I do. Razz Obviously it's not the only thing, otherwise I wouldn't go mad for Phoenix Wright's games like I do; but especially in a genre like action-adventure (in fact any genre that isn't menu-based like JRPGs or a visal novel), it is the most important thing for me.

(runs away before Drunka arrives)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptyTue 3 May 2016 - 15:41

Before Drunka does get here, to me this is basically like the genre chat again which for most
Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 Original

As long as you enjoy the game be it a story driven adventure like a Telltale production or a 3rd Person Action Adventure as long as you enjoy it for whatever reason, that's the main thing.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptyTue 3 May 2016 - 20:43

That's not really the point though, the point is you stated that Tomb Raider took the Uncharted formula and improved on it. I don't agree that it took the Uncharted formula and pointed out it wasn't a good comparison. Would you say CoD took the DOOM formula and improved on it? No.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptyTue 3 May 2016 - 20:45

No I wouldn't, as the FPS as a genre evolved over the years.

Like I said it's your opinion, you don't think Tomb Raider does and I do. I'm not the first and I won't be the last person to compare Tomb Raider and Uncharted
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptyTue 3 May 2016 - 20:59

No Mas, it's my opinion that Tomb Raider isn't as good as Uncharted, it's not an opinion to say it doesn't take the Uncharted formula. You're making a statement about a random game that has 2 elements in common with it. You wouldn't say Dark Souls takes the Zelda formula, you wouldn't say TLoU takes Resident Evil or Uncharted's formula. Those games are all just as related as Uncharted is to Tombs...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 EmptyTue 3 May 2016 - 21:02

Well me like a lot of people must be wrong and I'd better inform most of the gaming media that we need to follow Andys views now on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII   Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Game You Finished and Your Thoughts MKII
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next