Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread

Go down 
+11
gjones
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
The_Jaster
oldschool
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
JayMoyles
Admin
Balladeer
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 14:36

I wouldn't judge Uncharted series on them, Number 2 should be cheap used you should try it.

Like you said down to personal taste but what would you and Jas say are must plays/buys.

As Sony not go much more apart from God of War and Gran Turismo but they are good at doing new ips.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 15:39

There's sweet bugger all on that list that I'm particularly interested in that I can't get on PC. I'll get my Uncharted fill from PS3, and I'm not hugely bothered about the rest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 17:43

I couldn't give a damn about anything in the modern generation. Oddly I don't lump Wii U in with this, as I feel as always Nintendo is a satellite company doing its own thing (for better or worse). Honestly though, I wouldn't even miss my Wii U had I not got one in the first place. I think I've reached an age where my tastes might simply be moving away from modern games on the whole.
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 17:56

The thing is Japanese studios not really jumped on to PS4 yet and most western studios bring to PC. So its down to the exclusives me I like Sony's a lot and do like a few of the Microsoft's as well hence why ill pick up a ONE for Halo, Gears, Fable, Scalebound.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed 4 Mar 2015 - 18:26

mas wrote:
Have you not played a Uncharted game or something Jas.

I have played the first two (didn't finish the second) and thought they were good but I just didn't see why folk went crazy over them & that's why it isn't a "must buy" for me.

Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Mar 2015 - 0:20

The_Jaster wrote:
mas wrote:

I have played the first two (didn't finish the second) and thought they were good but I just didn't see why folk went crazy over them & that's why it isn't a "must buy" for me.  

I figured that out for myself during the first game. Even though the others are really cheap, I still can't be arsed to go back and try again. Unchartered and Assassin's Creed are the two series I just don't get. Unfortunately I got the first 3 AC before I realised that - I had all three before I actually played the first. Great concept, boring to play.
Back to top Go down
http://aspergamer.webs.com/apps/forums/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Mar 2015 - 10:11

But the first Uncharted is only okay like a 7/10 were the second is outstanding and almost a 10/10 that's the difference and why I still think trying the 2nd is worth a go.

The Order is a similar boat now the first which just come out has had mixed scores but a lot there to work with that the sequel could be very good.

Killzone as well first was muh but second was great.

I'm still interested in what you think are must plays Oldschool & Jas that Sony make, I know there's some great titles like Batman coming but that's on the ONE.

@Jay yeah I didn't think the PS4 was for you as you have a decent PC and lot of the indies are on both, if you didn't have a PC might be different same point to Drunka he has a ONE there is a lot there he can't get on a ONE but part from the few what I would call big games Uncharted, Bloodbonre not a lot you can't get on ONE or at least similar experience and vice-versa really.

Could be a lot of debate at the end of the year if it was good year as looking at what's coming I think this could be the best since 2007 for gaming that is of course all the platforms but I'm counting stuff like a bloodborne, uncharted and a no mans sky to make it a great year.
Back to top Go down
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Mar 2015 - 12:34

masofdas wrote:
I'm still interested in what you think are must plays Oldschool & Jas that Sony make, I know there's some great titles like Batman coming but that's on the ONE.  

I can only go on what I enjoy when I have played the PS systems, and my bias is to JRPG, so Final Fantasy, Disgaea, Kingdom Hearts, Atelier, Dragon Quest, Valkyria Chronicles, Tales, Persona et cetera. Outside of that, not a whole lot to be honest, but certainly Gran Turismo. The rest are just games I would try because I have the system, the games look interesting and they are cheap. I just don't do shooting games and most in the action/adventure are meh for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Mar 2015 - 12:39

A few of those are coming Type-O this month (which I'm getting) and XV at some-point but both are on the ONE,

But a few like Tales of Zestria that's coming is a PS3 game & Persona 5 is also on PS3 as well as 4, Japan like I said haven't really embraced the PS4.

Dragon Quest Heroes was number1 in Japan but think did best on PS3 but the PS4 was the best selling system, so things are changing there but very slowly. But here in the west DQH is only on PS4 and compile heart and doing a few things but certainly at the moment the PS4 looks very much western focused as that's the market, the Japanese game marker is all about mobile now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Mar 2015 - 14:40

oldschool wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
mas wrote:

I figured that out for myself during the first game.  Even though the others are really cheap, I still can't be arsed to go back and try again.  Unchartered and Assassin's Creed are the two series I just don't get.  Unfortunately I got the first 3 AC before I realised that - I had all three before I actually played the first.  Great concept, boring to play.

Even though I could see the second game was a lot more polished it just didn't hold my interest & I simply moved onto games that I liked the look of more things like Batman AA, XCOM, RDR & Dark Souls etc.

mas wrote:
The Order is a similar boat now the first which just come out has had mixed scores but a lot there to work with that the sequel could be very good.

If you don't pull everyone in with the first then why would they be fussed about a sequel?

mas wrote:

The real reason I got my ps4 & that is Bloodborne.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Fri 6 Mar 2015 - 13:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Mar 2015 - 15:16

Well a game you brought up there you moved on to its first game wasn't great but the second was. There must be others where the first was okay but the second was good.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu 5 Mar 2015 - 15:18

I think there have been a sufficient number of games that have made a significant improvement for the sequel to say it's not the end of the world though. Uncharted is the obvious one, but look at Ratchet and Clank, Assassin's Creed and Prototype 2.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Mar 2015 - 0:52

Am I the only one that thought the original Uncharted was easily a 9/10 pushing a 10/10 then?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
oldschool
Bandana Waddle Dee
oldschool

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Mar 2015 - 2:53

Treesmurf wrote:
Am I the only one that thought the original Uncharted was easily a 9/10 pushing a 10/10 then?

I can't speak for everyone, but I was bored almost immediately and that never changed before I gave up and moved onto something better for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Mar 2015 - 9:33

I thought the first uncharted was about a 7 a good sort of early PS3 title to show what the console can kinda do. It was enjoyable and was worth playing and at the time the PS3 didn't have much on it.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Mar 2015 - 13:18

masofdas wrote:
Well a game you brought up there you moved on to its first game wasn't great but the second was. There must be others where the first was okay but the second was good.

andyman949 wrote:
I think there have been a sufficient number of games that have made a significant improvement for the sequel to say it's not the end of the world though. Uncharted is the obvious one, but look at Ratchet and Clank, Assassin's Creed and Prototype 2.

Oh definitely there's loads of games that got improved with a sequel but I was just saying why would I care about a a sequel to The Order when I have zero interest in the first game? The answer is I wouldn't care, to continue using Uncharted as an example and since the second didn't hold my interest all that much I'm simply not fussed about the sequels despite how good they may be.

If a game doesn't pull me into it's world or I don't find it fun to play then I'm not going to get it or any future sequels, of course I'm always willing to give things a second chance especially when I was initially wrong about Bayonetta.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Fri 6 Mar 2015 - 13:26; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Mar 2015 - 13:25

But did you care about the first red dead unlikely but the second did make you care. A sequel to something might change your mind, not always but it's a possibility. I know myself didn't like killzone 1 but gave the second a try as I like FPS and it was a good game.

With uncharted you can right of Number 4 though if you didn't like number 2 but others maybe not.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 6 Mar 2015 - 13:33

No I didn't care for the first Red dead because I didn't own a ps2 or xbox. Razz I agree that some sequels can make you sit up and take notice of something but the majority of the time for me personally is if it doesn't grab me with the first instalment then I'm not going to bother with the later games.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Mar 2015 - 16:07

Since the point was raised I've been trying to think of a game where I got into the sequel first. For ages I racked my brains, racking, racking and racking. An instant ago I remembered that I've been playing Shantae games for a few weeks. Duh! I played the second game first.

This is in no way an attempt to test if a new post in this forum will register on the forum index. Embarrassed
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Mar 2015 - 16:11

I played Call of Duty 4 before any of the others, although I'm not sure if that counts.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Mar 2015 - 16:26

You know what would be good for Jas as he missed some games due not having a PS2 or Xbox, Remakes Razz
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Mar 2015 - 17:41

Got nothing against remakes from that generation - I own plenty on PS3. It's remakes from last generation that bother me.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptySat 7 Mar 2015 - 17:45

masofdas wrote:
You know what would be good for Jas as he missed some games due not having a PS2 or Xbox, Remakes Razz

Most ps2/xbox games aren't a year old. Razz My brother also had a ps2 so it's not like I missed out on the major games completely.

JayMoyles wrote:
I played Call of Duty 4 before any of the others, although I'm not sure if that counts.

That's the thing certain sequels to games could be considered a compete reboot rather than a direct sequel where the developers got closer to their initial vision or just out right came up with a better idea.

In fact most places refer to Red dead redemption as a spiritual successor to Revolver.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptySun 8 Mar 2015 - 15:14

Access look at 8 upcoming PS4s games that use the POWER, I'm not sure if there funny or not but I am looking forward to all 8 myself especially the last 3.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 EmptyFri 13 Mar 2015 - 11:19

Back to good old Sales figures as we just had Febs NPD's go up

The Top 10, Best to Worst selling system

1. The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask 3D, 3DS
Evolve Xbox One, PS4, PC
Dying Light PS4, Xbox One, PC
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Xbox One, PS4, 360, PS3, PC
Grand Theft Auto V, PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3
NBA 2K15, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360)
Dragon Ball: Xenoverse, PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360
Minecraft, 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4
The Order: 1886, PS4
10. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, 3DS

Everyone
A great month in the USA for the industry $955.6 million was spent at retail on new products, that's 8% on 2014. Hardware was up 10% & software was up 7%.

But home console were down 5% due to eighth-generation console sales that could not offset the 41 percent loss in dollar sales of seventh generation hardware.

Sony
The PS4 continued to be the best selling home-console in the USA market and had the most software sold as well for the system. Along with seeing exclusive The Order make the Top 10 with only one weeks worth of sales & not so great reviews, you can read mine here.

Microsoft

“Xbox One’s fan base continues to grow with record February sales in the U.S. for Xbox One and 84 percent more consoles sold compared to January 2015,” said Xbox marketing boss Mike Nichols.

Nintendo
The big winners of the month whom did provide figures with 515k of MM3D sold in the month of Feb Physical & Download Numbers combined, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate did 210k also Physical & Download but remember NPD only tracks Physical.

The 3DS family sold 395k with the majority being New 3DS XL's which compared to the Old 3DS XL's launch out sold the system by 130% also the 3DS was actually the best selling piece of hardware in the USA which helped the handheld market sales go up 153% which intern helped propel the entire hardware category to a growth of 10%.

Wii U was also up 20% year on year.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread   The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The (Hypocritical) Gaming Sales and Finance Thread
Page 3 of 17Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next