We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)

Go down 
+21
OrangeRakoon
flora-chan
shanks
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
Kieron
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Solve My Maze
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Admin
Darunia
Gwyn400
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyMon 20 Jun 2016 - 21:29

Athrun888 wrote:
I suspect the final boss will be locked behind serious skillful use of the combat mechanics and also prior knowledge of where it is and how to activate it.  I very much doubt a player can just blunder upon it, and if they can I very much doubt they can win.  I recall mention of enemies having actual HP this time?  Sounds to me like the final boss, should a beginning player take it on, will be like trying to fight the final boss of Ys Felghana as a level one.  Doable, in theory.  Reality?  Not so much.

I recently played Gone Home, and you can feasibly beat that game in a minute - there's even a trophy attached to doing so. But you'd have no knowledge how to actually unlock the path to the end of the game without playing through the game as intended first. The path is there - it's just incredibly well hidden until you're explicitly told about it later in the game. I'm imagining a similar thing in Zelda, coupled with the actual challenge of taking down the final boss.

I've rewatched the trailer a good few times just to hear the gorgeous main theme: it's so good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyMon 20 Jun 2016 - 21:34

Very Ghibli-esque. This is not, and should never be, a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyMon 20 Jun 2016 - 23:05

OH MY GOD THANK YOU!
That'll be going on the playlists Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyTue 21 Jun 2016 - 11:54

To answer Athrun's post, Link has definitely been a character on occasion; however he hasn't been a consistent character. Partly because he's been a kid at times and a squid an adult at others, but the Links of WW, TP, and SS all seemed quite different. I expect BotW's Link to be a different character yet again. Listen to him humming away as he cooks!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016 - 12:49

I kid ye not: MICHAEL PACHTER, of all people, thinks that BotW will sell 10m NXes. I normally wouldn't bother posting this, because my opinion on analysts is that they're usually pretty guff - but Michael Pachter! Michael "Nintendoomed" Chuffing Pachter...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016 - 14:44

He's probably not wrong - BotW has sold me an NX, and I can't be alone in that.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016 - 15:53

If Michael Pachter ever joined the forum, we'd have to find a way to keep his title at 'Chuffster'.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016 - 16:19

I've said it elsewhere: If the NX launched with BotW pre-installed and no possibility of other games, I'd buy it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016 - 18:21

Twilight more then likely sold a bunch of Wii's, I think 10m is a awful lot as Zelda doesn't even do those numbers but it will sure will push consoles.
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyFri 24 Jun 2016 - 23:17

A couple of my friends who normally don't pay much attention to Nintendo or its products have been really taken in by BotW, an will probably buy an NX to play it (or more likely leech off mine). I think BotW could easily shift that many consoles if it continues to regain the attention of people who have been been dismissive of Nintendo since they released the WiiU.
I for one am utterly sold on it and will buy it at launch.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016 - 16:10

Not as good as TP confirmed.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016 - 16:48

But TP didn't have much story either.

It worked perfectly well as framing for the adventure, but that's pretty much all Zelda stories ever are. There is rarely any complex plot or narrative arc. Zelda leans on smaller character-focus than it does overall arcing narrative when it comes to story - Skyward Sword probably went the furthest in terms of a single fleshed out plot.

From how BotW looks so far this sounds like a good thing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016 - 18:19

This only adds to the excitement for me. Bounce

Nintendo Life wrote:
Whether details are learned from E3 gameplay or developer interviews, the Breath of the Wild puzzle is slowly unravelling - but we're still far from close to knowing much about the game.

I thought this part was a bit odd considering how much freedom the game is giving you, as the less you know the better the experience will be.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016 - 20:03

The way I interpreted that article was that the story is there, but it's not going to be told through lengthy cutscenes or by forcibly pointing you towards the next temple in order to further the plot. I'm loving how fresh this is turning out to be.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyMon 27 Jun 2016 - 20:39

I like lengthy cut-scenes though. Lanayru's message is the best in the series thus far.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyTue 28 Jun 2016 - 20:22

I don't mind if cutscenes are a bit long, as long as they're occasional, and not every few steps (looking at you, Skyward Sword). Watching the Breath of the Wild demo, I think they're getting it right. Go around and discover stuff for yourself, but, when you do meet someone of importance, it cuts away. Good good good. Good.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 8:00

If this doesn't get you exited for the possibilities of Breath of the Wild I don't know what will. 14 years after the fact people are STILL finding secrets in Wind Waker. If they go truly wild with the battles in botw and allow this sort of creativity in killing enemies. . .
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyFri 7 Oct 2016 - 23:31

I don't see what would stop them from including as many fighting strategies as possible, I for one am all for trawling the world for new and exciting ways of killing enemies - colour me one shade more excited!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 10:17

Athrun888 wrote:
If this doesn't get you exited for the possibilities of Breath of the Wild I don't know what will.  14 years after the fact people are STILL finding secrets in Wind Waker.  If they go truly wild with the battles in botw and allow this sort of creativity in killing enemies. . .
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
It seems so obvious now, but...
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptySun 9 Oct 2016 - 20:32

The way they've modelled Breath of the Wild it seems they definitely would make it a lot more versatile in terms of approaches to battles, I've completed Wind Waker more than any other game and each time I think I've attempted something new, I dread to think how many times I'll do the same with BotW.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyMon 10 Oct 2016 - 19:35

That Wind Waker secret is so cool! Agreed with everyone else here - the open ended nature of Breath of the Wild will surely lend itself to other neat secrets like that.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 13:05

New trailers, boys! Some stuff repeated, some stuff new. And then the third one's just changing weather.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 13:34

I prefer seeing Zelda like that instead of 4hrs of the same thing, that has sold me more on BotW then E3 (I was never not going to but BotW but you get what I'm saying).
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:06

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 Original

And here's a chuffing enormous Moblin. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:23

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)
Page 10 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 33  Next