We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)

Go down 
+21
OrangeRakoon
flora-chan
shanks
Treesmurf
Crumpy Andy
Athrun888
fronkhead
Vidofnir
beemoh
Kieron
JayMoyles
Buskalilly
Solve My Maze
masofdas
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Jimbob
Admin
Darunia
Gwyn400
Balladeer
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 18:41

Maybe but that's my opinion that it may not be the best thing ever or even GOTY 2017.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 18:44

No maybes about it, get with the programme dude! Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 18:48

I will find out in 48 days with my two version of it.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 19:11

Ach, I'm sure it'll be alright. Winky Face

Zelda isn't my favourite Nintendo franchise, even if you turn to my much-preferred 2D ones (I'm old and haven't got my head around this new-fangled 'third dimension' thing yet). That said, you can't help but be swept up by the hype around this. A proper new 3D Zelda is now a major gaming event and Skyward Sword was all kinds of great (come at me, Ballabro). So, yes.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 21:14

(comes at Zero) Nah, it had some good bits (the controls - come at me Jimbro), but was just too repetitive in its location aesthetics and enemies.

This, though, is going to be the best thing ever. Unless SMO gets there first, natch.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 22:11

It gets the honour of being the best thing ever for a guaranteed eight months or so, at least!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 22:19

I hope Persona 5 isn't delayed for that long Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptyFri 13 Jan 2017 - 22:20

Why? Do they need another eight months to change it to an open-world action adventure epic after it gets totally overshadowed next month by Zelda? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 0:26

Nice wee hands on impressions from Kotaku UK here that has made me even more excited.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/01/13/the-new-zelda-is-a-breath-of-fresh-air-but-it-is-firmly-rooted-in-the-original-nes-classic
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 12:01

Balladeer wrote:
(comes at Zero) Nah, it had some good bits (the controls - come at me Jimbro)
*comes at Balla*
*Misses thanks to the controls not working*

*laughs at "comes"*

Seeing the trailer removed the last couple of fears I had about this game. Skyrim I would recommend to all Nintendo-only folks when it arrives on Switch, but you don't need to play it for 200+ hours like I did; early spectacles tend to repeat themselves with diminishing returns. However, I saw more variety in that 3 minutes than was expected at the previous large demo Nintendo did. I think we're on to a belter here.

Oh and they've got Brian Blessed for the voice of the Darunia-type, right? Winky Face
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 16:34

Comparssion videos also the Wii U version gives us a idea as what it may look like in handheld mode.

Switch version will run at an increased resolution and offers faster load times on Nintendo Switch, at the moment TV mode being 900p at a unlocked 30fps according to Digital Foundry with handheld mode being 720p but not sure on the frame-rate.

The Wii U version is 720p 30fps, hence why I said seeing the Wii U version gives a idea what it will be likely playing in handheld mode with Switch.

Last edited by masofdas on Sat 14 Jan 2017 - 19:47; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 18:02

I'm in the queue to play it, been a heck of a long wait so far but looks worth it. It's even better looking than I thought it'd be.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySat 14 Jan 2017 - 23:55

Treesmurf wrote:
I'm in the queue to play it, been a heck of a long wait so far but looks worth it. It's even better looking than I thought it'd be.
Well... are you at the front of the queue yet?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 11:53

Jimbob wrote:
Oh and they've got Brian Blessed for the voice of the Darunia-type, right? Winky Face

COME ON CALAMITY GANON YOU PANSY!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 18:40

Jimbob wrote:
Treesmurf wrote:
Well... are you at the front of the queue yet?
Just got to the front of the queue now...

For what was the longest demo there (15 minutes of what I'm told is the full game) it didn't feel like I played for very long, most likely this is down to the huge scope of the game. Decided to ignore the story and mess about to see what I could find but didn't even scratch the air around the surface.

The controls are slightly different to what we're used to with Zelda and there's a few changes to core game play mechanics as well, all of which I feel are better for evolving the series. I got that true free roaming vibe from it the way you would with a Bethesda game (minus the bugs).

I don't believe it feels better in handheld mode like some have said, sure it runs really well but a game that beautiful deserves the big screen. My jaw had dropped looking at it in the queue and remained that way all through my playthrough.

Based on what I seen, you won't need anything else on launch if you choose not to, I just wish I had enough holiday leave to book a week off work (something I've never even considered before for a game).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 18:58

Treesmurf wrote:
...I just wish I had enough holiday leave to book a week off work (something I've never even considered before for a game).

Dance (With apologies to our intrepid frontline reporter.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 19:46

Ahhhh, very hyped after hearing your words, Smurfy.

I've put a preorder down for the Special Edition - I want that soundtrack!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySun 15 Jan 2017 - 21:38

I'm thinking I might have to splash out on a very fancy special edition.

I haven't watched the English language trailer yet, and can't decide if I want to yet. I don't think I want to see/ read/ hear another drop of Zelda goodness between now and release.

Also, I'm not even going to go near the disgusting wrongpinions that have been shared about Skyward Sword. I'll just take my shirt off next time I see you . . .
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 18:46

This is dubious. This is just plain stupid. But this is even stupider.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 20:00

It doesn't sound better in Japanese. In the Japanese version, Zelda sounds like Every Anime Character Ever - to my gaijin ears at least, but that's kind of the point.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 20:38

Balladeer wrote:
This is dubious.

I don't think we're looking at Mass Effect here, or even Dark Souls (which I know are two games you've not finished, but I think of any Nintendo examples). We'll probably just have a vague but kinda happy ending, and if you 100% the game you get the extended version that explains things a bit more.

Quote :
This is just plain stupid.

I suspect this isn't stupidity so much as storage space. Also, as it keeps coming up before Youtube videos, I finally watched the English language version of the trailer. I was a fan!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 22:10

Tokyo Mirage Sessions has the Japanese voices with subtitles and no other options. Whilst it's fun, I can totally see Nintendo wanting to save the space, and I'd far rather have a bit more game crammed all up in my game(rille) (sometimes words are my enemy) than have the option to hear the Japanese voice artists. As for two endings, that's fine by me. I never found out about the secret extra bit it was possible to get in the ending to Link's Awakening until the Let's All Play thread on the game. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 22:17

Are we really talk about not enough space on the cartridge already for what is likely a tiny audio file.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySun 22 Jan 2017 - 9:51

masofdas wrote:
Are we really talk about not enough space on the cartridge already for what is likely a tiny audio file.

Nope, I was wrong!
So, it turns out you can have Japanese with Japanese subtitles, or English with English subtitles, you just can't mix and match. I would imagine it's because the English translation isn't a pure transliteration, but has some adaptation (naturally) and they couldn't be arsed to do a whole second literal translation.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 EmptySun 22 Jan 2017 - 9:53

...that's what I thought. Also: a bobbins reason. The 'space on the cart' is a decent one, this isn't. Plain stupid.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)   The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning) - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Like Wario First Thing in the Morning)
Page 14 of 33Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 23 ... 33  Next