We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Xenoblade Chronicles X

Go down 
+20
Zaphod_B
fronkhead
Cube
ZeroJones
The Cappuccino Kid
Axis1500
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
Buskalilly
Treesmurf
Sentinator
Slazo
Vidofnir
masofdas
Xelviar
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Silver light
Admin
The_Jaster
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 9:58

"You can drive these human-shaped robots"

'human-shaped robots'

oh, Iwata.
This looks amazing. To be honest, Xenoblade was more impressive than most Wii U games. Still no word how the two relate, but pretty sure I saw something like the Mechonis at the end there. Maybe there's loads of titans this time? Ooh, Xenotitans would be a good name.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 10:58

Actually despite the robots right now I'm more hyped over the music.  I mean the guy who's doing it did this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgikJnQyEUE

If you thought Xenoblades music was good this is going to blow it out of the water.  Then point a laser gun at it and vaporize it in midair and do a cool pose with the explosion in the background.  

Ah, who am I kidding, playable mecha!  Playable flying mecha that can fight and fly and kick backside!  Playable flying mecha with sexy bootups that send goosebumps up my spine!  

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 11:01

The mechs were the worst part for me, I've never been particularly fond of the things. Still they looked pretty good, even for mechs.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 11:06

GNamer's resident moany bastard strikes again! Tongue
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 11:21

I agree with athrun, mechs are awesome! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 11:24

They're just so clunky and meh. The only cool mech is Iron Man, is he really a mech?
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 12:08

Most mecha are actually incredibly agile.  Really it's shows and movies like Transformers that make them out to be these big and clunky things, anime tends to portray them as agile as humans capable of incredible aerial fights.  And nah, Iron man would count as body armour.  Probably more realistic than mecha are however.

Some people dig cars, some dig military aircraft.  I dig mecha.  Agile cool looking mecha in a jrpg for me is just massive win.  Speaking of which I really need to get myself some credit on my US psn account and download Xenogears.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 12:45

The X ones did look like clunky bastards though.  Still, imagine the firepower!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2013 - 12:57

Athrun888 wrote:
Most mecha are actually incredibly agile.  Really it's shows and movies like Transformers that make them out to be these big and clunky things, anime tends to portray them as agile as humans capable of incredible aerial fights.  And nah, Iron man would count as body armour.  Probably more realistic than mecha are however.

Some people dig cars, some dig military aircraft.  I dig mecha.  Agile cool looking mecha in a jrpg for me is just massive win.  Speaking of which I really need to get myself some credit on my US psn account and download Xenogears.
http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/home

Transformers can be agile. Anyway, they're not mechs. They're autonomous robotic organisms.

I love transformers and I love the mechs in this. We can all just get along can't we?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 2:57

No one put the new video up yet? tut tut tut

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APWTJMyM4qg

I still think this has online co-op as you see multiple (a bit generic looking) characters in the trailer, which leads me to believe you create one.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 14:37

Oh, I thought you meant a new new video. Still, I can't watch that one enough times anyway.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2013 - 15:12

Gah, now I need to clean my keyboard again.  The combination of the mecha and that music is just intoxicating.
Back to top Go down
Axis1500
Vote Thread
Axis1500

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 21:57

Monolith requiring devs urgently!

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/07/urgent-xenoblade-dev-monolith-soft-recruiting-designers/#tSWFlXrQcRXBVtAo.99
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jan 2014 - 23:29

I've applied for the designer post. When appointed, I'll steer all internal research and development in a new direction, eventually turning X into an arcade-style football game. Less robots and swords, more Ryan Giggs Champions World Class Soccer. Wii U is saved!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2014 - 7:53

Somebody, shoot him quickly! And I don't mean in the football sense!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2014 - 11:58

They have guns in football?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2014 - 12:05

That'd be one way of making it more exciting.  Swords and robots would be another.

...I just had a great idea for an X spin-off. Get TCK on board for that!
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Jan 2014 - 12:32

Another way would be making it have a setting of modern day earth. The backdrop? The world is at war, with one side using elite squads who wield strange mystical balls that are kicked to activate. These ball wielders pushed the other side near the brink, until one day a mad scientist in his shed made the ultimate weapon! And thus was born the first humanoid robot and magic granting sword.

These wars waged on for decades, consuming the world until there were only two sides; the giant robot and sword bearers, and the ball gun bearers. Until one day the 21 year old male known as Christopher found one of these mythical balls in his backyard. And thus begins a quest to end the war between the two sides, with a team of eleven champions having to master the powers of both and eventually combining them to form the ultimate weapon to save the world from having a civil war that would rage on for the rest of mankinds existence...

And this is why I will never write a book. Or anything.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Jan 2014 - 1:12

[quote] That'd be one way of making it more exciting. Swords and robots would be another.[/quoute]

Nah, I think you're mixing up football & cricket. :p
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Jan 2014 - 1:13

Bah! Where'd that extra U come from?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Jan 2014 - 8:34

It is the Wii U forum... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Jan 2014 - 8:52

The_Jaster wrote:

I think any sport would benefit from swords and robots.  Ian Bell swinging a telegraph pole-sized-blade at Mitchell Johnson's energy disc?  Yes please.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyThu 9 Jan 2014 - 19:22

Using a sword in cricket would just ruin it, surely?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyFri 10 Jan 2014 - 6:00

Balladeer wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:

I think any sport would benefit from swords and robots.  Ian Bell swinging a telegraph pole-sized-blade at Mitchell Johnson's energy disc?  Yes please.

Now that you mention it I can't disagree. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 EmptyThu 13 Feb 2014 - 22:40

New trailer!  At long flipping last.  The battle system is "based" on the one from Xenoblade, eh?  Not "lifted, with mechs and more screaming"?  Also, I can't help feel that showing a long and rather tedious-looking battle was not the best way to demonstrate this game.  Oh well - we know it'll be great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xenoblade Chronicles X   Xenoblade Chronicles X - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Xenoblade Chronicles X
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next