We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair

Go down 
+13
Marzy
Spiralcannon2-CW
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
Jimbob
Treesmurf
masofdas
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair Empty
PostSubject: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 20:17

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair Jpg

Playtonic's much-hyped spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie - the greatest non-Crazy Taxi game of all time - has been confirmed as Yooka-Laylee. Superb!

Full announcements will be made when the Kickstarter goes live tomorrow evening, but for now we know that it's a 3D platform-adventure made by ex-RareWare personnel with Grant Kirkhope on the pipes. Which is more or less all that we need to know.

https://vine.co/v/e7Jip3Igt63

"The rebirth of the 3D platformer"...hoping so!

Last edited by The Cappuccino Kid on Fri 7 Jun 2019 - 17:02; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 20:21

Getting Grant Kirkhope on board was an inspired choice - the man still does great work. Saw that it's coming to PC too, so I'll be keeping an eye on this. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 20:48

Y'know, I might chuck some money at this. A genre I really love, and the collectathon platformer in particular was a big favourite of mine. Not sure that the official name is the best, but the pedigree is right. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 20:56

I didn't realise this was still Kickstarting! Think I might get behind it and back. We need more SM64-alikes, and no game with GK has ever had bad musi- (remembers DK64) Nevermind.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 22:27

I seen a bit more footage of this in an IGN video & even though it's early days it looks like something that wouldn't hold my interest for very long.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptyThu 30 Apr 2015 - 22:42

Posted about it in the Kickstarter thread, but definitely deserves it's on thread.

I will be backing, not sure how much depending on rewards.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 11:03

The_Jaster wrote:
I seen a bit more footage of this in an IGN video & even though it's early days it looks like something that wouldn't hold my interest for very long.

https://youtu.be/bMOzvxQHywM?t=30

The thing I don't like is the bat's red nose.  Looks a bit stupid.  I like the chameleon, though.

And the name's absolutely ridiculous, but I feel that adds to its charm.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/DaveezB/status/593974680144457729/photo/1

Last edited by Balladeer on Sun 3 May 2015 - 22:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Out by a second.)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 16:40

I don't have any issue with the designs of the characters myself, just pointing out that from the small snippet of gameplay that I seen that it doesn't excite me yet.

(Again it's still early days)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 17:46

Well I don't think it matters if Jas is excited as is been pretty much backed in 40 minutes.

Also there's a N64 cartridge version.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 22:57

I'm really impressed by this, to the point where this is the first thing I've ever backed on Kickstarter. I read through the design premise for the game and I'm intrigued. I'd recommend checking out the two music tracks posted on the Kickstarter page - gorgeous stuff!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptyFri 1 May 2015 - 23:32

I think this is about the 6th thing I've backed but I can see this doing a silly amount in terms of the amount it generates.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 0:45

masofdas wrote:
Well I don't think it matters if Jas is excited as is been pretty much backed in 40 minutes.

For the sake of how quickly it was backed I hope it does turn out to be really good, I just need to see more of it before I fully make up my mind about it as the nostalgia of ex rare staff members being on board isn't enough for me.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 10:17

For the purposes of this post, Jay and I are the same person. A future £20 of mine has gone on this and that music Jay pointed out is brilliant: as you'd expect, the Kirkhope piece sounds like it belongs in Banjo-Kazooie, and the David Wise one could easily have been in Tropical Freeze. V. excited. Dance
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 10:47

So you've gone for the reward with the PC Demo Zero?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 10:56

Yes! Someone will have to kindly take that off my hands...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 11:19

I've changed mine to one of the £55 ones which I get a T-Shirt, and Digital Soundtrack etc

I know ibbster has gone for the N64 £350 version.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 11:29

Guess who has two thumbs and just spent £30 on this! I want that soundtrack, people.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 11:34

I don't know how much Jay has pledge but just between me, zero and balla we've pledged £105 and we all know ibbsters in some form that's £455 just between 4 people.

I did tweet wonder if M$ are looking at this and thinking we should of let them make a new Banjo or they will make a new Banjo
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 11:45

I don't think this thread contains a link to the Kickstarter yet: click here. Contains NGamer-ish picture captions, two pieces of music which (as Zero says) remind me of B-K and DKCTF in the best possible ways, and a surprise inclusion for CVG alumnus Andy Robinson. Well worth a gander.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 11:51

Just giving it a proper read now, I see Taxes is one of the things they are going to use money for but I thought in the UK devs can get tax breaks.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 12:17

I'll pledge the £15 to get the game on console but how cool is that N64 version? That'd make it one of the more expensive N64 games sadly (probably not the most expensive).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 12:40

You know it's not actually a N64 game right, just a flash drive shaped like a N64 cart and comes in a N64 box etc.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 12:42

I know yeah just takes me back with that box, I kinda miss games coming in boxes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 15:15

They still do but boring ones but this is a very very cool reward which I would of backed for about £100-50 but can only see it going up in price for the ones that to buy it.

On N64 games Conker is £200 minty, so Yooka likely is the most expensive N64 thing that the public could of bought.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair EmptySat 2 May 2015 - 15:23

ZeroJones wrote:
Yes! Someone will have to kindly take that off my hands...

If you aren't planning to use it, I'll put my hat in the ring for the demo when it arrives. I could write a preview of sorts for Gintendo. Smile

masofdas wrote:
I don't know how much Jay has pledge but just between me, zero and balla we've pledged £105 and we all know ibbsters in some form that's £455 just between 4 people.

I pledged £10 to get a Steam key. If future updates grab my interest, I'll add more to my pledge.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair Empty

Back to top Go down

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: