We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair

Go down 
+13
Marzy
Spiralcannon2-CW
fronkhead
Crumpy Andy
oldschool
Jimbob
Treesmurf
masofdas
The_Jaster
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
The Cappuccino Kid
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty07/12/17, 06:33 am

People seem pissed on twitter but like NLife it is that price elsewhere, just the fact like now on PS4 due to a sale it's £15 and more then likely you can go buy a physical copy for that somewhere.

For me now, I'm more likely to buy A Hat in Time or one of the other 3D Platformers as I do think on any of the platforms £35 is to much.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty07/12/17, 09:07 am

The extra time and resources that Playtonic have spent on bringing Yooka-Laylee to Switch doesn't justify a lower price...but aye, when GAME have it for £9.99 new on PS4, it's a hard sell if you've got somewhere else to play it. I feel the same about DOOM being £40 when it's a tenner on other platforms, and Skyrim being £45 when it's in just about every charity shop in the country on 360 or PS3.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty07/12/17, 06:28 pm

Eh. Switch tax. 'Tis the price we pay for portability. Only the consumer can decide if it's a fair one.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty07/12/17, 06:39 pm

Thankfully no Switch Tax on this one as it is the same price on all Digital Stores. I don't just think it looks like it's worth £35 on any platform.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty07/12/17, 08:57 pm

What with Y-L being a Kickstarted game, you'd maybe hope that the price wouldn't be quite so high. I can tell you that I would not be buying it day one if I had to.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty08/12/17, 10:40 pm

One I'll be waiting on dropping in price, I'm afraid. It's launched the wrong side of Odyssey at that price.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty11/12/17, 10:29 pm

Did... Did I get my code for this today? Dance
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty12/12/17, 07:46 pm

You might have done, I did too! I'll download it... at some point.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty12/12/17, 08:31 pm

I did, in effect! Grin I recorded a First Time Playing for it, too - or I would have, had the video not corrupted. Aww! Mind you, there was only about six minutes of play in about eighteen minutes of footage. So many cut scenes. What's worse... it feels awkward. Lumpy and leaden. I'm hoping that I'll warm to it soon.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty12/12/17, 08:33 pm

Hey, if it makes you appreciate SMO... Winky Face
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty21/12/17, 07:21 pm

So today I unlocked the second world. It's a slow-burner, isn't it? I'm hoping. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty04/06/18, 08:37 pm

I've finally given this the time of day. Zero said it was a 'slow burner': I think it's just slow. Watching the camera crawl towards your next objective, hammering A to skip through the interminable dialogue...

That said, I'm actually kind of enjoying it. Kazooie's dialogue was a highlight of B-K, and Laylee summons up some of the same humour. It's lovely and colourful, and the camera appears to have been patched into competency (either that or its problems have been grossly exaggerated... I'll plump for the former). And, unlike SMO's Moons, the Pagies feel significant to collect.

It is slow though. Still, I can see myself playing (and enjoying) more of this!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty10/06/18, 08:53 pm

Cool. I'm about to start it next time I switch on the Switch on the Switch, so I'm pleased that Laylee does the job!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty10/06/18, 09:54 pm

It's a good game! I'd like to play it again on Switch, but I can't justify the price when I've got a PS4 copy *points over there* over there.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty16/07/18, 07:58 pm

Well, I've hit the "too nostalgic" barrier, where I can't tell whether boss battles are difficult or unfairly difficult...

Persevering though, as I love Laylee's voice samples whenever anything is said. In fact, I love the voice samples in general.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty16/07/18, 10:22 pm

Even without ever playing Banjo-Kazooie, I can still appreciate the little grumbles the characters make when they're speaking. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty16/08/18, 09:41 pm

I'm still on this! Next time I'm on the Switch, I will upload and spoil what is possibly the finest joke ever seen in a videogame. God bless there guys.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty25/12/18, 10:47 pm

I was watching this excellent analysis of Banjo 3, and this section in particular on Yooka Laylee (video should timeskip) makes me even less wanting to get Yooka Laylee:
https://youtu.be/BIC2JBvBQxY?t=992

I just find it sad that the developers made something a lot more ambitious under the wing of Microsoft than they did as an independent developer. This developer tweet in particular claims that the Nuts and Bolts team "really owned that game". Given Yooka Laylee was the product of crowdfunding I have to wonder whether answering to fans is any better than answering to a publisher. I don't think the team had as much creative control as they did with Nuts and Bolts - but it was always pitched as a retro revival so they were probably implicitly forced into restrictively following the past anyway.

I would love to have Nuts and Bolts on the Switch. Yooka Laylee, not so much...

(I feel like such a party pooper posting this)
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty29/01/19, 09:03 pm

I've gone back to this, as a part of 'Operation Clear The Backlog'. It's my second game, because I thought a bit more time with it would be enough to make me feel justified in dingying it. (I'm still very un-Scottish.)

I'm... not though? I'm quite enjoying it, tottering around Tribalstack and picking up stuff and winning the cloud race and picking up stuff and exploring ancient temples and picking up stuff. It's not blown my mind, but it's decent enough fun.

In fact I'm struggling to see just where the really intense backlash came from. Were people just expecting more than it delivered? Did they have massively rose-tinted glasses about how good B-K was and is? Have the patches improved things a massive bunch? Or should I get further than 5 Pagies in before calling most of the games media wrong?

...it's the last one, isn't it. Sulk

Jimbob wrote:
I'm still on this! Next time I'm on the Switch, I will upload and spoil what is possibly the finest joke ever seen in a videogame. God bless there guys.

Calling you out here Jim!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty29/01/19, 10:54 pm

Scottish Balla wrote:
Av gone back tae this, as a part of 'Operation Clear The Backlog'. It's ma second game, cos av thought a bit mare time wi it would be enough tae make me feel justified in giein it the dingy. (Am pure Scottish btw.)

Am... no though? Am quite enjoying it, tottering aboot Tribalstack an picking up wee hings an winnin' the cloud race an picking up hings an exploring ancient temples an picking up hings. It's no blown my mind or anythin, but it's decent enough fun.

In fact am struggling tae see just where the really intense backlash came fae. Were people just expecting mare than it delivered? Did they have pure massively rose-tinted glasses aboot how good B-K was and is? Have the patches improved hings a massive bunch? Or should ah get further than 5 Pagies in afore calling most of the games media cunts?

...it's the last wan, isn't it.  Sulk

Fixed that fur ye. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty30/01/19, 12:41 am

Brilliant. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty30/01/19, 12:46 am

Excellent work Jasman.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty30/01/19, 01:11 am

Cheers! Smile
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty30/01/19, 09:50 am

The general consensus is that the game starts off well but has pretty poor later levels with too much empty space (the tooie problem) and I can personally attest to the final boss being utterly rubbish
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty30/01/19, 07:31 pm

Aw piddles, I don't want to have to plug through hours and hours of this only to be disappointed with the second half. Aww!

The_Jaster wrote:
Fixed that fur ye. Winky Face

Laughing Top marks.  Or, er, the dug's baws or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair   Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

Yooka-Laylee / Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GNamer Forum :: GNamer Forum :: Nintendo Switch-
Jump to: