We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.

Go down 
+6
The_Jaster
oldschool
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
Buskalilly
JayMoyles
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyMon 6 Jun 2016 - 23:27

Matthew Castle

Journey Sucks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 7:56

^Truth

I was obviously replying to Jay...
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 8:46

Funny guys, at least it's not just the same game from 5 years ago with better graphics which aren't that great and doesn't run like shit in this day & age.

Ahh sorry Andy
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 16:50

All their games are just a remake of Morrowind anyway.

Pish.

Balladeer
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 17:58

Nah Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyTue 7 Jun 2016 - 19:30

Also pish.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Jun 2016 - 19:36

My poor thread! Hissy fit

Andy: Ahhh, I do recall FO4 updating not too long ago. Yeah, it's definitely playable then - I'd jump in. You've got the Season Pass, right?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Jun 2016 - 19:38

The_Jaster wrote:
Also pish.

Nah Oblivion was the last good Bethesda Studio game
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyWed 8 Jun 2016 - 19:55

Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 OZ9O0JR

On a related note though, I really really hope Bethesda totally rework their engine for their next game. Much like Telltale's creaking engine, it's showing its age.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 20:01

Picked this up in the steam sale yesterday. I might be able to play it in a few weeks.

masofdas wrote:
The_Jaster wrote:
Also pish.

Nah Oblivion was the last good Bethesda Studio game

Fallout Shelter would have words with you, sir. And if you're going Bethesda Published, Dishonored would slap you.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 20:03

Yeah they publish and own a few good studios, Bethesda should stick to that instead of making games.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 20:04

Hows Sonic doing?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 20:06

My point exactly SEGA shouldn't make games now, just publish games like Persona 5.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyFri 1 Jul 2016 - 20:12

Fair enough, although, however janky, Besesda games still seem to sell like hot cakes.

Can't argue with Sega publishing the Total War games and Football Manager though (except for the former's DLC practices)
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 10:04

18 days play time says Fallout 4 is a good game
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyMon 4 Jul 2016 - 17:00

My auntie has likely played Candy Crush for a month doesn't mean it's a good game.

@Muss doesn't Total War do the old style expansion pack style add-ons for the game like all those ones for the Sims.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 9:20

Yeah but I have taste
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 16:05

I used to think you did.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 16:33

Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 7eELY

I started Fallout 4 the other day, only just got out of the vault to be honest, but I really like the feel of it so far. I can see why a lot of people dislike the limitations of the dialogue system, and skills have all been streamlined. However, this feels like a much more modern game than the, still really good,   3-d predecessors. It's just the breath of fresh air I needed to get me invested in Fallout again for maybe 18 hours...

Mas, they do release DLC which is reminiscent of the expansion packs of old, which is good. However, since at least Rome II they've launched each Total War release with wank day one DLC, in Rome's case the Greek States. Now, they're in the game, you can still fight them, without the dlc, you just can't play as them. This is the worst kind of dlc, because the content for the faction is on your hard drive, there's just a line of code saying HUMANS, NOPE! Also, it's not some niche faction, the Greeks were major players in the original and had a unique playstyle.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 16:38

Yeah that is the bad type of DLC, which as a mainly console gamer I do know about but not heard about as much on PC.

Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyTue 5 Jul 2016 - 20:50

Muss wrote:

I started Fallout 4 the other day, only just got out of the vault to be honest, but I really like the feel of it so far. I can see why a lot of people dislike the limitations of the dialogue system, and skills have all been streamlined. However, this feels like a much more modern game than the, still really good,   3-d predecessors. It's just the breath of fresh air I needed to get me invested in Fallout again for maybe 18 hours...

The shooting system is the biggest change, and it's such a good change. I think that's what makes this feel more modern than anything else. The dialogue system has been commented on by Todd Howard who admits it needs work, which is good to see.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 11:05

The dialogue is rubbish, branching quests/choice of resolutions is very lacking, and the lack of a factions system is almost unforgivable following New Vegas.

But the core gameplay remains addictive, the world itself is very well realised, and the settlement building is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 12:43

New Vegas with Fallout 4's shooting and settlement building would be a glorious game.

I'd say the branching quests was very well realised in Far Harbo(u)r. There are a number of ways that the DLC can end, and there are genuine consequences for your actions.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 13:37

I've not played Far Harbour (I've not finished the vanilla main quest yet) but that sounds promising!

I'm holding out for a GOTY release with all DLC on disc
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 EmptyWed 6 Jul 2016 - 14:02

Oh, it'll be coming at some point, I'd imagine. Out of the DLC content released thus far, only Far Harbour has been worth it. However, you do get a fair chunk of content in Far Harbour - around 20 hours or so if you're not rushing through the main storyline - and it's bloody good content at that. One seemingly banal sidequest ended up being a highlight of the DLC.

Far Harbour Sidequest Spoilers:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.   Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4: War... War's changed a little.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next