We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture

Go down 
+8
ZeroJones
The_Jaster
Athrun888
JayMoyles
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
shanks
Balladeer
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture Empty
PostSubject: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 9:29

Almost everything's been leaked this time around.  Not much remains for E3 that isn't already out on the Internet.  This is now the way things are.

How do you feel about these leaks, then?  A good thing, allowing us to get information that much earlier?  A bad thing, spoiling the impact of the big presentations?  Or an inevitability of modern society that there's not much else to say about?

As for the leaks themselves, who's at fault?  To take an example, the recent Ryu & Roy Smash leak.  Is it the developers, who added the patch?  That patch probably helped speed up the downloads.  The hackers who uncovered and reported it?  Human curiosity, and human desire for five minutes of fame.  The journalists who leaked it?  That's their job.  Us, for wanting to know about it?  Again, human curiosity.  So who's "to blame", or indeed worthy of praise?

And this should go without saying, but no discussing specific leaks that haven't been formally announced yet.  If you want an example to talk about, use the Smash one; alternatively, talk in general terms.

Last edited by Balladeer on Mon 21 Nov 2016 - 11:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 10:55

Smash has been the only leak I've seen. I'm trying to avoid any others
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 11:12

Yeah I've not seen anything minus the Smash & Dishonored 2 leak. I'd have liked to have not seen the Smash one however that one proved impossible, so I blame the "us" for spreading it, I wouldn't know if it wasn't pasted all over twitter.

Dishonored was a similar situation, though it was just my bad luck of reading a spoilerific facebook post, though at least that was a cock up on Bethesda's end as opposed to some twat leaking it for hits.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 12:20

Everyone is like I leaked something to Drunka and Jas says him as well but how could I not tweet about that game.
But I thought they would of seen due to Social Media, Gaming websites, Even Normal News Sites, even my dad new it was E3 due to him going on Facebook or on here I've put stuff that hasn't been announced yet in spoilers but I'm guessing as Andy has openly talked about Bethesda in E3 thread I'm guessing soon as stuff happens officially we can talk about it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 12:53

Think the bolded stuff in the original post says it all, Mas - talk about it only after the official announcement.

I tried to keep it impartial in the first post, but I'm sure it's clear that I absolutely despise leaks. Way to ruin the magic of E3. Do you not like being surprised?

I personally allocate the blame two ways - to the hackers, who not only need to ruin the surprises for themselves (I've got no problem with that) but, by publicising it, for others; and anyone, journalists or Twitterers or whoever, who posts the news without a massive "SPOILER: RUINING E3 WITHIN" disclaimer in the way until you click it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 13:46

Maybe one for the news forum, this?

Also, I've found the leaks a little disappointing all told. I know people had been poking around in the patch notes and had an idea that Ryu and Roy were popping up in Smash, but to have every facet of each character leaked before the formal reveal lessened the importance of the Direct. I'd take a surprise over an earlier look at a game every day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 13:52

Also not sure if Pre-E3 reveals were good or not, you can see both sides of it.

Take Fallout 4, if they didn't show before hand what a surprise that would of been if you like that series.

But then because of it people wanted to stay up till 4.30am to see all the fuss about it.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 13:54

We all pretty much knew Fallout 4 was going to be there anyway, so I've no real issues with them releasing the trailer early. If anything, it probably boosted their audience for their conference - people know for sure it'll be there and they'll be desperate to see more after the trailer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 16:41

Aw I thought this was gonna be a list of all the current e3 leaks!  Aww!

Honestly I don't really think it's that big an issue, this e3 doesn't really seem all that hyped up anyway and e3 is just glitz and glam outside when new consoles are coming anyway.  I remember following the actual presentations a few years back and thinking "wait, is this it?  How boring" during most of them besides Nintendo's (and I didn't particularly appreciate having to stay up for them).  The leaks just save time better spent gaming in my super important opinion.  

As for leaks in regards to this specific e3, most of the publishers and developers that I specifically follow (Atlus, Xseed, Nintendo to a lesser extent) have already officially confirmed what their e3 stuff is and isn't anyway so the leaks aren't really doing anything either way for me.  

I guess Ryu and Roy being actual reveals rather than leaked would have been amazing, but then if Nintendo truly didn't want us having that information they wouldn't have put their code in a patch months upon months before this as it's common knowledge what Nintendo's hardcore communities do with games in their possession (datamine them for every little secret they have).  

Now if this was about spoilers I'd be completely and rabidly different.  Spoilers for stories are the devil!  Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptyMon 15 Jun 2015 - 21:29

JayMoyles wrote:
Maybe one for the news forum, this?

Maybe. It's asking people for their opinions on something. Borderline case. Eh. (chucks disdainfully into News)

Athrun, I think you're being unfair criticising Nintendo for that. Those patches were probably to help pave the way for Ryu and Roy, make the download less tricky. And for me, every E3 is a story! The best kind: a story about new games.
Back to top Go down
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptyTue 16 Jun 2015 - 11:19

I don't really see it as unfair so much as an unfortunate part of life.  Patching them in made their discovery simply an inevitability, one that I am sure Nintendo would be aware of and realized that if they chose to handle it that way there was a extremely high chance they'd leak. Smash Bros is so big that unless one basically treats its secrets like they treat future console r&d secrets it's going to leak.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 13:45

Not E3 leaks but general leaks as you have seen some of my posts along with else where on the internet of the recent leaks about Wii U games coming to NX and Zelda U also the last Nintendo Direct was leaked before had etc.

Nintendo seem to be the worse for leaks out of any body, I don't know why that is but last night on Twitter Ibbster was gettign his self in a right Tiz over these leaks tweeting Emily Rodgers telling her to keep her trap shut along with tweets following after not sent to her but clearly aimed at her.

She left twitter once before over abuse, I know I'm going of subject slightly but with the recent abuse as well from the GamerGate lot towards Miss Rapp which may have or may not of cost her job, I didn't like to see this at Miss Rodgers.

I get where Ibbster is coming from that he doesn't want to know anything even if it's the slightest thing as take Zelda U we still don't know really anything about but he can't avoid it as I RT it along with NLife running article, one of the guys in his local indie game shop asking him what he thought about Zelda U.

Maybe now thinking about it I should of put the leaks in spoilers on here as you guys may want to keep in the dark but is that even possible nowadays and what is wrong at Nintendo as to why we get these leaks.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 17:26

It's odd because half the time the so called leaks for Nintendo are usually wrong (at least what I've seen) not sure if they are the worst though or if it just seems that way because they keep the big things close to their chest better than MS/Sony.

Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 17:31

See I can't think of many leaks of Sony or MS compared to Nintendo at all, yeah all the PS4K stuff recently but take something like PSX which is comparable to a big Nintendo Direct we didn't know about likes of Ni Nu Kuni 2 or Paragon yet the last Nintendo Direct we knew everything before hand.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 18:26

I am pretty anti-leaking, myself. When something is leaked on the Internet, the information becomes pretty much unavoidable. I don't want to close my Twitter account to avoid such things, but that's what you'd have to do. The defence "Well, there's other stuff that you don't know about" is pretty poor compared to the pretty big things that have come to light...

I'm in the mood to rename this thread 'General Leak Discussion', and warn people that there'll be massive damage spoilers within.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 18:30

Like Ibbster you can't even just avoid these leaks just from avoiding the Internet as you may have a student Zero for instance who asks you about the Zelda leak.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 18:38

That's the point: whilst the people who are happy to read leaked spoilers have plenty of options, anyone who wants to remain free of reading things like this Zelda U stuff has very little choice if they want to be part of the community. We can do better.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 18:40

Yeah I even admitted here that I may have put them in spoilers but now I see little point of retro editing it as you may have all seen maybe not from me but from someone.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 18:41

I've not seen the Zelda U stuff. Is there Zelda U stuff? Crap. Aww!

I'll keep all the way out of this thread if it becomes "general leaks discussion", even though sadly I'll probably find out most of them anyway through one medium or another.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 19:01

There is! As a person following plenty of Nintendo-y people on Twitter, I know. Aww!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 19:09

Well crappycraps. I shall be extra vigilant and try to avoid them. Or... extra non-vigilant? Whatever.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 19:11

Can you Zero put the leaks that are in the Zelda General thread in a spoiler box.

As I'm currently on my phone and it's a pain to do.

Edit I'm changing both Zelda and NX threads now
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptySat 9 Apr 2016 - 19:26

Yup - you beat me to it, mas. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 10:33

If you spread leaks, you deserve to have a leak yourself... of all your blood.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture EmptySun 10 Apr 2016 - 10:42

I read all of this, then logged off, brushed my teeth, thought about it, changed my opinion, logged back in again:

We all know that there's a lot of shit-headedness on the internet. If Emily Rodgers closed her account because of abuse previously, then, as a member of the human race, that makes me feel guilty and sick by osmosis. No-one deserves that sort of treatment.

However, on the flip-side: if these points are true (and, having read them, they're just the "top things everyone's been guessing at for the last 2 years" anyway)... why did she announce them? This sort of nonsense ruins everything, from the purely technical news (e.g. the NX specifications, XBox backwards compatibility) to what should have been a joyous buzz of excitement from gamers: e.g. Street Fighter V, which was announced by everyone other than Capcom; and Pokémon Sun and Moon, which was supposed to be a surprise for everyone (and therefore, when the short ND went live, "we" all complained that they didn't tell us anything new). I can't imagine it's for financial gain - the current online gaming stream of news doesn't work like that. Is it just for "I told you so" points? Am I missing something here?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture   E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture Empty

Back to top Go down

E3 Leaks and General Leak Culture
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next