Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Monster Hunter discussion

Go down 
+4
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
shanks
The_Jaster
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

General Monster Hunter discussion  Empty
PostSubject: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 2:53

If you want to talk about all things MH but it doesn't quite fit into a thread of it's own then use here.

---

Monster Hunter X Trailer

I guess I'll kick things off with a question, what do you think Capcom could do to make the game more appealing to a broader range of people? I know many don't instantly click with the combat for example.

Do you think the new style choices for the weapons in MHX will change this?

Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 4:14

To me personally no, I'm sure I'll stick with the dual blades if they are floating about
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 7:19

I think that anything with Hack and Slash elements will struggle with mass appeal. Maybe chuck it on PS4 for the mass audience and pray Laughing
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 8:36

Isn't that the reason it's on 3DS though Andy.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptySat 19 Sep 2015 - 17:08

andyman949 wrote:
I think that anything with Hack and Slash elements will struggle with mass appeal. Maybe chuck it on PS4 for the mass audience and pray Laughing

I'd hardly call MH hack & slash though but maybe that's what folk expect it to be? Laughing

Shanks wrote:
To me personally no, I'm sure I'll stick with the dual blades if they are floating about

They are and the aerial style for them looks insane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNHGrIfhNJ4 (Aerial style starts at 37 seconds)

EDIT: You can now play as your felyne's in MHX.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Sun 20 Sep 2015 - 0:07; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Cats)
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 15:45

Some big changes being made in how you upgrade your weapons and armour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dabpTJooXk
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 15:53

I've seen theres a Toon Link costume for felyne's, what the difference between X and a core MonHan again Jas as they look awfully similar to me but do hope they come to the west along with all those other great RPG's we saw in the direct.

Seems 2016 could be the year of the RPG.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 16:07

Interesting, that does make me worry that I'll never want to use my rubys and such though, just in case I need to make the weapon or armour...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 19:26

masofdas wrote:
I've seen theres a Toon Link costume for felyne's, what the difference between X and a core MonHan again Jas as they look awfully similar to me but do hope they come to the west along with all those other great RPG's we saw in the direct.

Seems 2016 could be the year of the RPG.

At they're base they are the same game but MHX is refining a lot of different mechanics of that base game to make it totally unique from any other MH, the styles and hunter arts (special moves) for example look to be a way to pull in newcomers to the series as it all looks pretty flashy.

andyman949 wrote:
Interesting, that does make me worry that I'll never want to use my rubys and such though, just in case I need to make the weapon or armour...

Yeah but you could just a bunch of low tier materials to level up instead & when you are nearing the end game you have a lot of things you never use for anything anyway.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptySat 14 Nov 2015 - 23:00

There's even Star fox costumes now I've seen
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptyThu 19 Nov 2015 - 9:53

There are 2 very welcome changes to the online gathering hall for MHX, the blacksmith is now available there as well as you can now change any equipment (weapons/armour) there & then which means no unnecessary returns to the village/in game home.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Thu 19 Nov 2015 - 16:56; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptyThu 19 Nov 2015 - 14:57

Thank god for that, armour/weapon changing especially
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 11:56

So an amazing thing happened last night, we are actually getting MHX this summer which has perfectly been renamed Generations.

Marth armour set:

----

When I heard about the leak a small part of me thought this could have been a translation of the MH stories game while that wouldn't have been bad this is obviously much better. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 12:04

I will buy and try to get into the series again but so far they've not clicked but always look good.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 12:45

I am hyped
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 18:16

Yes mate! I know I say this every time, but I'm gonna try and get stuck in with everyone Day One this time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 21:56

Right. Right. Right. So....
How many f***ing games is Marth in now?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 22:18

Not enough.
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptyFri 4 Mar 2016 - 22:57

But... But I can't brag anymore No
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptySat 5 Mar 2016 - 12:51

Drunkalilly wrote:
Yes mate! I know I say this every time, but I'm gonna try and get stuck in with everyone Day One this time.

Yass! It sure would be nice to have more than one group of 4 to play with & all be around the same level.

Jimbob wrote:
Right. Right. Right. So....
How many f***ing games is Marth in now?

At least an anime swordsman makes sense in this game.

---

Oh just to clarify Marth is not the bonus content you get from having a MH4U save file that is still to be announced, I wonder what it could be. Eh?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptyThu 19 May 2016 - 18:40

Double post Razz

Just as the MH generations pre order goes live on the UK Nintendo store I find out that they have been selling the Volume 1 MH figurine sets since November, I have since ordered 2 (hope I don't receive duplicate figures) along with MH Generations & N3ds XL grip.

Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptyFri 20 May 2016 - 10:58

There's a place I went to today in Akiharbra that was selling all sorts of MH figures, plushes and statues
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptyFri 20 May 2016 - 15:21

Nice! Did you happen to get any pictures?
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 2:22

Only one, it's currently on my Twitter
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 17:34

Just seen it, I don't think I would have been able to help myself if I was there.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  Empty

Back to top Go down

General Monster Hunter discussion
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next