Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Monster Hunter discussion

Go down 
+4
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
shanks
The_Jaster
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptySun 22 May 2016 - 19:18

Yeah, I stood there for a while and then it all came down to the would it fit in my suitcase
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptySat 28 May 2016 - 20:17

The localisation blogs have started up again which are a nice wee read.

http://www.capcom-unity.com/roundtiger/blog/2016/05/27/monster-hunter-generations-localization-notes-part-1---title-and-process
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptyThu 23 Jun 2016 - 17:12

Here's a very good preview of MH Generations from Nintendo life mainly covering the new stuff.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/06/preview_over-sized_swords_and_athletic_finesse_in_monster_hunter_generations
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptyFri 26 Jan 2018 - 14:40

Huh, so it's been like 18 months since we posted all up in here Laughing

Anyway, here's a little look at my Monster Hunter collection as it is now: soon I'll be living in Japan and I'm sure this will look incredibly quaint.

General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 27330310

I finished reading that manga today by the way so I might be doing a review in some capacity, maybe here or Gintendo or even on the Monster Mash Youtube channel.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptySat 27 Jan 2018 - 13:47

Wooo! Monster hunter world is great wooooo!

General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 Tenor
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Sep 2023 - 11:28

General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 MonsterHunterNowCodes-Banner

So, Monster Hunter Now is here.

I’ve played a decent amount of Pokémon Go since coming to Japan, and also a lot of Pikmin Bloom. In both of those games’ cases, the reason I enjoy them is that they fit in well with the way I already go for long walks.

Monster Hunter Now is different in that I actually enjoy going out and deliberately playing it. It basically plays like Pokémon Go, but with Monhan monsters and with a simplified combat system which reminds me of videos I’ve seen of older Monster Hunter smartphone games like Explore.

I think the reason it works for me in ways Pokémon didn’t is because it captures the Gameplay loop of Monhan. Pokémon Go has monster collection, but it doesn’t really have any equivalent of travelling through a region, collecting badges and beating a campaign. There are battle modes and the gym system in there, but they don’t feel the same.

What this leaves is just collecting Pokémon. This is fun as a passive, background thing but besides special events, actively seeking any particular monster is an impossible task – with six or seven hundred Pokémon, its pure luck to find one I’m currently looking for.

Monster Hunter, on the other hand, has a smaller selection of monsters and shows their location on the larger map, encouraging me to track one down and deliberately build its weapon or armour, just like in the main series game. Monster Hunter Now has already made me take detours on the way to work in a week more times than Pokémon Go has in a year.

There’s still a lot to figure out. It seems so far like there are a lot of items only available with the premium currency, so unless I find good ways of farming that in-game, the economy of this game may kill it for me.

I also don’t know how well it will fit into my life as a natural background game like Pokémon and Pikmin do; perhaps it will become annoying to have to pay this much attention to it during my commutes.

If it goes well, though, I could see myself going out around town with the specific intention of playing a load of this!

It’s no replacement for a real Monhan, but all signs point to one of those being announced real soon anyway.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptySat 16 Sep 2023 - 11:46

Yeah next MonHan has to be soon as I can't see what else this announced unannounced multimillion selling game from Capcom is to come out before March 31st 2024, maybe Devil May Cry at a push.

Here is good as any because mobile but anyone looked at Ever Crisis?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue 19 Sep 2023 - 5:20

masofdas wrote:

Fuck off "here is as good as any" this is a MONSTER HUNTER thread for MONSTER HUNTER CHAT about MONSTER HUNTER GAMES for BRITISH PEOPLE
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 15:18

masofdas wrote:

I have, but this is a MONSTER HUNTER THREAD and I will NOT besmirch this sacred place with Final Fantasy chat.

It's obviously been a few months on since you started MHN Buska - has it kept your attention or fallen by the wayside?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 15:51

On Monster Hunter, you know Capcom have this unannounced multimillion selling game which will be out before the end of the fiscal year and Monster Hunter makes the most sense, right?

Yet now seems Dragon's Dogma 2 is coming 22nd of March 2024, I just can't see it and Monster Hunter both coming out in the space of three months of each other.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 16:43

I can, for sure. I know Capcom have been giving a lot of time to Dragon's Dogma 2, but surely they can't expect it be a blockbuster title or anything. I'd say that it's still a fairly niche and cult game, no?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 17:01

Yeah think it will be pretty niche and maybe Monster Hunter is a January release but now more than ever I can see this mystery game being a Devil May Cry or Resident Evil instead.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptySun 19 Nov 2023 - 17:10

I mean, as much as I love Devil May Cry, I don't think it's the blockbuster series that Capcom are hyping up. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue 21 Nov 2023 - 6:36

I've seen more recently people pointing out that the Japanese word used could mean unreleased rather than unrevealed, and this is just them hyping up investors so they could easily mean DD2. It only has to sell two million for them to not technically be lying, and considering the roll Capcom are on and the dearth of next-gen stuff, that's not impossible.

JayMoyles wrote:
It's obviously been a few months on since you started MHN Buska - has it kept your attention or fallen by the wayside?
It didn't really "fall by the wayside" so much as I hit a wall which was obviously where they wanted me to start spending money and it put me right off. It's a shame, there's a really nice game here but the mobile games economy is such that they'll never just sell me that game.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2023 - 14:54

2025 for Wilds, and for you Buska gives you plenty time to get a PS5 (Could be on Switch 2, I guess) likely cheaper for this come the time.

Also thinking the translation was to announce a game in this fiscal year but not come out or as you said about DD2.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptyFri 8 Dec 2023 - 20:11

That trailer really doesn't give much away in terms of a gameplay theme which is unusual for MH, most popular theories right now are that it's more open world & that the weather will be more dynamic. I'm still obviously really excited but that 2025 release is disappointing but I figure that is maybe due to them aiming to launch simultaneously on 3 formats which they haven't done before.

Also it makes me wonder what they have planned for the 20th anniversary year in 2024, my biggest hope is we get some sort of MH collection (only about 60-70% sure this will happen) but how they do that might be a little complicated. Do they package the first 3 games together or do they give us stuff like MH portable 3rd which never released here along with a first ever console release of MH4U?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptySat 9 Dec 2023 - 12:58

Weird looking, I thought World was on three systems at launch, but PC was 7 months later.

They're doing a Monster Hunter 20th anniversary stream thing right, maybe we get info there about anything like a 4U port.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Dec 2023 - 17:02

Yeah, info is too sparse to get very deep in the weeds about Wilds, but suffice it to say I am excited. Bounce

2025 feels like ages away though. I think World got announced at E3 and then was out the following January, so double the wait for Wilds...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Dec 2023 - 17:21

Yep, but to have an old man yells at cloud moment it could be worse like when we had to wait 2 years for 3U/4U.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Dec 2023 - 9:58

Well, I know I'll be buying a PS5 in 2025 at the latest!

The_Jaster wrote:
That trailer really doesn't give much away in terms of a gameplay theme which is unusual for MH, most popular theories right now are that it's more open world & that the weather will be more dynamic.

That trailer was definitely intended to make you think Open World, but Pokémon has pulled that trick too many times for me to believe it without absolute proof.

I've seen some tik toks and stuff of people losing their minds with hype. For me that was the Rise trailer, which I saw in a Direct and didn't know was coming, whereas this felt like an inevitability and also I didn't see it in TGA because like am I sitting through that. I found out about this game when the trailer was in my youtube subscriptions.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Dec 2023 - 13:03

The same open world theory popped up for World as well so I don't think I quite buy it either.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptyTue 12 Dec 2023 - 23:44

The_Jaster wrote:
The same open world theory popped up for World as well so I don't think I quite buy it either.

It reminds me a lot of the original trailer for Monster Hunter 4; just a character moving through an emptyish world showing off the new movement mechanics. Compared to the World trailer, this is definitely very early in development.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptySat 23 Dec 2023 - 21:08

The latest Mash was a great listen, and hope to hear more in the summer.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Dec 2023 - 12:08

So long as Capcom provide, we will deliver. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 EmptyThu 28 Dec 2023 - 17:04

I even gone back to World, which I apprantly played 18hrs. I switched to Long Sword (my Rise weapon) and took down some flying Monster in the Rotten Veil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Monster Hunter discussion
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next