Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Monster Hunter discussion

Go down 
+4
masofdas
Crumpy Andy
shanks
The_Jaster
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 3 EmptySun 31 Dec 2023 - 16:31

I want to revisit World before Wilds is out but I still have unfinished business with Sunbreak.

----

Also played a handful of hunts on MH4U with Beemoh the other week before the online is shut off in the new year, it was a nice reminder of why that's still my favourite MH game.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 3 EmptyWed 13 Mar 2024 - 23:26

So, what do we all make of the 20th Anniversary Hunters' choice top monster results?

https://www.monsterhunter.com/20th/en/vote-monster/result/

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Mar 2024 - 2:12

Number one is no surprise. The fact that multiple subspecies are counted as different monsters made it less interesting than it might have been. Rathalos not making top twenty is interesting, though not super surprising.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 3 EmptyThu 14 Mar 2024 - 8:41

I would have thought Rathalos a shoe in, much like if this was Pokémon, I would think Pikachu would be on it.

Are fans just bored of that Monster?

Also saw Stories 1 is coming June 14th, and Stories 2 coming to PS4 that day as well. There looks to be a physical of Stories which also includes Stories 2 as a code, if that's like £50 not a bad deal as I expect Stories to be what £30 on its own on the eShop/PSN.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 3 EmptySat 1 Jun 2024 - 7:53

Sure does look like Monster Hunter! This reminds me a lot of the World marketing campaign, which hyperfocused on the realism and hid the real Monhan elements until later, which of course appeals to me less than Rise which just showed us the wackiest monsters right there on day one.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 3 EmptyThu 6 Jun 2024 - 0:32

Aye, it looks great but the thing I like the most from that trailer is the call backs to MH4U which isn't a surprise when it's both Fujioka and Tokuda back in the hot seat. Excited to see more on Friday.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 3 EmptySat 8 Jun 2024 - 11:15

Trailer 2.

I was a bit underwhelmed at the initial reveal for this one, but that's because I was expecting a more gameplay focused trailer or maybe even a live demo. Though after watching the trailer a bunch more along with a few peoples reactions it's a really great trailer.  

Full cross play is massive for the series & I can't wait to see more of the new thunder monster, very Godzilla-like in the way it charged up it's attack. Also I like the fact out of 5 monsters we've seen so far only 1 is returning.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 3 EmptySat 8 Jun 2024 - 14:18

Know they said hands on demo at Gamescom on the show floor, that maybe they show that as ONL being played for us at home.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 3 EmptySat 8 Jun 2024 - 21:21

Yep, another couple months isn't a long wait either.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 3 EmptyMon 10 Jun 2024 - 5:13

Doesn't it feel like those trailers were the wrong way around? The first one was an overall trailer, while the second one was focused on one scene like a "sneak peek".

Also, I compare monsters to Dune all the time and now this?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 3 EmptyWed 12 Jun 2024 - 14:02

Went back to World to finish the story, as very much wanted to play some MonHan after the Wilds stuff (yes, could have gone for more Sunbreak) and I still might get Stories.

Worlds still looks great but on PS5 all modes run at 60fps, so was in the graphics mode but if Wilds just looks like this and open-world, the Seikret to ride etc I'd be happy. Think I preferred Rise still as it seemed to have more "story" and Wild seemed to have a lot of I guess hunter tracker mission where scoop out the area to see where a monster is that I can't remember being in Rise.

Then in Rise, and I might be missing something in World, as you had the Village Quest story and still more story afterwards in Hub Quests to take on Narwa eventually, where Xeno'jiiva seemed to be the end of World.

Gone back to listen to some Mash to see what you thought of Va'al Hazak and other Monsters, near the end of World, as the fight was a pain.

Ohh and I switched from Dual Blades to Long Sword as that was what I was using in Rise the first MonHan got really into as I say I did the Narwa quest etc and think it did help here now bing a Long Sword main.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 3 EmptyThu 13 Jun 2024 - 5:13

That's interesting - I think we came away with the feeling that World had more story in an egregious sense. I think the difference is that when you're trying to play world in multiplayer or for a more gameplay-first experience, it makes you wait during cutscenes and so on.

Rise, on the other hand, separates out village and hub missions, and allows players to play in multiplayer while basically ignoring the story.

Playing both in singleplayer only, though, I can see why the poems, the quicker pace of getting to missions and the lack of content hidden behind esoteric exploration would make Rise the more story-heavy game.

Despite Andy's feelings, I am gonna give Stories a proper go, so maybe there's a podcast in me, you, Smurf and others who have played the Stories games.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion    General Monster Hunter discussion  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Monster Hunter discussion
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3