We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo

Go down 
+13
Jimbob
NintenDUCK
Athrun888
gjones
shanks
The_Jaster
Crumpy Andy
masofdas
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
ZeroJones
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptySat 26 Dec 2020 - 19:56

Watched Soul last night and darn it's good.

Was planning to see WW84 today but Tier 3 now which I think the Cinema is now closed again but seen a few people tweet that most of seen still or HBO Max Winky Face that it's not great

As I did think about paying the rental of about £15 in mid Jan to see it but might not now
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 11:40

I don't really care about WW84 but I might watch it just to see a film in the pictures.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptySun 27 Dec 2020 - 20:25

I watched The Lighthouse about a week ago and as bizarre as it is I really enjoyed it, not many films can truly draw me in like it did (Parasite recently did but for different reasons) this lets you fully appreciate what's great about the artistry of films. Both Dafoe & Pattinson's performances were unreal as well.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyWed 30 Dec 2020 - 14:35

I watched a ton of movies over the last fortnight or so, mostly because Christmas television this year has been terrible. ITV3 literally had Carry On films on for a week solid, presumably because Barbara Windsor died, but who is still watching that shite in 2020? Some of the material is bordering on the illegal, particularly the In the Buses films they keep showing as well. And don't get me started on BBC, with their 70s Christmas specials from Morecambe and Wise, The Good Life and Dad's fucking Army. At least mix it up and throw in The Fast Show or something that's not fifty years old.

Anyway, I spent Christmas at my parents with my daughters (thankfully before Kent moved into Tier 4) and spent it primarily sat on my arse, consuming Netflix and films that caught our interest.

There were some family favourites like Uncle Buck, Home Alone 1 and 2, Beethoven, Matilda and Jumanji that get watched every time they are on, and they are as great as ever. Although Uncle Buck is really starting to show its age and the kids in Beethoven now annoy me. Also caught some lesser films like Jack Frost (Keaton's snowman is kinda creepy looking), Knives Out (Daniel Craig's accent is so bad it just ruins an otherwise fun premise) and The Italian Job (iconic scenes, but it's so stupid and dated).

I watched a bunch of old films like It's a Wonderful Life (the perfect Christmas film), High Society (lavish, self-indulgent 50s Hollywood), Singin' in the Rain (probably the best musical I've seen), Doctor Zhivago (boring slog of a film) and Around the World in 80 Days (ridiculous film full of stereotypes and seemingly only exists for its list of famous cameos).

Also caught some fun action movies like Falling Down (Michael Douglas has a breakdown and goes Grand Theft Auto), Jack Reacher (decent if bit predictable Tom Cruise vehicle) and 2 Guns (Walhberg and Denzel in a ridiculous buddy cop story that's saved by their immense charisma).
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 10:59

gjones wrote:
I watched a ton of movies over the last fortnight or so, mostly because Christmas television this year has been terrible. ITV3 literally had Carry On films on for a week solid, presumably because Barbara Windsor died, but who is still watching that shite in 2020? Some of the material is bordering on the illegal, particularly the In the Buses films they keep showing as well. And don't get me started on BBC, with their 70s Christmas specials from Morecambe and Wise, The Good Life and Dad's fucking Army. At least mix it up and throw in The Fast Show or something that's not fifty years old.

This year's Christmas TV was utter toilet. That Worzel Gummidge update looked boring as fuck. 

I agree up to a point about the old Christmas specials, though to be honest I'll watch the Still Game, Porridge, Bottom and Father Ted Christmas specials every year without fail. I watched the Only Fools Christmas Trilogy and early 2000s specials as well - that's six more Christmas programmes I've probably seen twenty times each. Then there's The Snowman, The Snowman & Snowdog and Father Christmas too.

For Christmassy films, I only watched Home Alone (fantastic), Home Alone 2 (equally fantastic), the 2000 version of The Grinch (not as good as I'd remembered) and Die Hard 2 (which I sort of lost interest in to be honest). I've watched a handful of Pixar films too, namely Toy Story 4, Finding Dory, Coco, Cars 3, Inside Out, Brave and Monsters University. All but Toy Story 4 are on iPlayer if anybody's arsed.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 12:00

Good shout on the iPlayer, I didn't realise they put the Pixar ones on there too. They had the Godfather on there, and I think there are all-time classics like North by Northwest and Casablanca on there too, plus all them old bangers I mentioned above. It might have the best selection of films on any streaming service (if we're going off of IMDB scores anyway).

I did watch the Bottom Christmas special this year, and every time I watch it, it gets a bit less funny. But the finger scene and them eating their dinner will always get a laugh out of me. The Men Behaving Badly one is actual pish. I just watched the one Christmas special of Only Fools this year (where Del and Rodney go to a bar after eating Grandad's awful turkey) and it was alright. The Office two-parter is still excellent, but the Royle Family one where they go to Dave and Denise's is so bad, I forgot how stupid it was.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyThu 31 Dec 2020 - 13:12

Yeah, the Bottom Christmas special isn't my favourite episode and it doesn't really make me laugh anymore, but those three series (and first three live shows) are so easy to watch that it doesn't really matter how fresh they aren't. I'd forgotten to watch The Office two-parter - thanks for the reminder!

I can't imagine what a Men Behaving Badly Christmas special would be like in 2020, so I won't!
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyMon 1 Mar 2021 - 20:45

I watched Street Fighter over the weekend and dear Lord. Laughing

It has it all: Jean Claude van Damme looking nothing like Guile while quite obviously off his head, Raúl Juliá overracting massively as M. Bison, Kylie Minogue's very convincing British accent as Cammy, the bit where they remembered they should probably say something about T. Hawk being there, Dee Jay feeling faintly racist, them not finding anything for Ryu and Ken to do after making Guile the main character, and Zangief genuinely unironically being a great character and better than in his Wreck-It Ralph appearance. It's brilliant, and terrible.

Still, the last bad film watch-in I did was Cats, and there was more genuine fun than in Cats.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyTue 2 Mar 2021 - 2:34

I just found out Godzilla Vs Kong isn't coming to Japan until May 14th and now I'm gonna go smash up Tokyo myself.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyTue 2 Mar 2021 - 10:06

I don't know when UK either as in the states cinema's are open and it's on HBO Max.

That I'm thinking it be like Wonder Woman 84 a £16 rental till it's out on physical media.

Snyder Cut Justice League might give us more info, as cinema's where open in the UK when WW84 came out this time they're not.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyTue 2 Mar 2021 - 15:28

Everything's open Japan, they do this all the time.
But like. . .
Godzilla.

Why is a Godzilla film coming to Japan last?
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyWed 3 Mar 2021 - 10:22

We watched The Meg on Netflix. I was very disappointed that it wasn't a film about a giant Megan Fox desperately trying to maintain a semblance of cultural relevance, and was instead about a big shark. Thumbs Down...
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyWed 3 Mar 2021 - 12:07

I always see The Meg pop up on my Netflix recommendations but I fear it's more Sharknado than Jaws. Where does it fall on the shark scale?
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyWed 3 Mar 2021 - 12:11

I've seen it as well and don't actually remember much about it, but on the shark scale? It's on the big side. Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyWed 3 Mar 2021 - 23:32

It's probably closer to one of the boring Jaws sequels with a hearty dose of extra stupidity.

It's not funny enough to be worth watching. I only put it on because neither of us could decide on anything and we were happy with some background noise and occasional sillyness.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyWed 3 Mar 2021 - 23:47

Oooh, I really want to see the Meg! I'll check if it's on Japanese Netflix.

I visited a museum last year with a big Megaladon jaw and a model and when I put pictures of it on Instagram some Indonesian guy started trying to sell me teeth.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyThu 4 Mar 2021 - 6:11

Bet you want to see Meg Winky Face
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyThu 4 Mar 2021 - 7:31

I mean . . . yeah. Very much so.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyThu 4 Mar 2021 - 10:25

Buskalilly wrote:
Oooh, I really want to see the Meg! I'll check if it's on Japanese Netflix.

I visited a museum last year with a big Megaladon jaw and a model and when I put pictures of it on Instagram some Indonesian guy started trying to sell me teeth.

What.....any old teeth or was it shark teeth?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyFri 5 Mar 2021 - 0:56

Shark teeth and fossilised Meg teeth supposedly. I'll find the screenshots for you, it was a laugh.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyFri 5 Mar 2021 - 13:47

Laughing I read that as he was trying to sell you human teeth until you clarified.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptyFri 5 Mar 2021 - 17:32

Yeah same here & that's why I asked.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptySat 6 Mar 2021 - 8:23

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 0110
Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 0210
Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 0310
Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 0410
Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 0510
Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 0610
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptySat 6 Mar 2021 - 12:07

There are some belters in there but I especially liked "We are cooperation" Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 EmptySun 7 Mar 2021 - 20:26

Well that was unexpected. It'd seem even weirder if not for the Summerhayes Co-efficient guaranteeing something like this to happen.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo   Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

Movies 2: Electric Boogaloo
Page 28 of 30Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30  Next