We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum suggestions

Go down 
+28
Buskalilly
Luigi442wii
Cube
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
awesomedude
fronkhead
Axis1500
nupkin
Slazo
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
Silver light
shanks
Gwyn400
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Xelviar
mandlecreed
Admin
Jimbob
beemoh
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Fancy Fancy
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

Forum suggestions - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyFri 17 May 2013 - 18:30

I've got used to the spoiler bars, methinks. Whatever the difference, it achieves its objective in much the same way. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://messedupcables.forumotion.net
nupkin
Stability Update
nupkin

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptySun 26 May 2013 - 20:03

Don't know if it's just me, but there are certain topics where if you go into them the tagline and GNamer logo disappear? Also, I couldn't delete the messages I no longer need in my "Draft box".

EDIT: Right I've sorted out both of these things. My computer was being stoopid about the drafts things, and the logo thing happened because someone posted an incredibly long link which simply shifted it along somewhat! Duh!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyTue 28 May 2013 - 19:15

Could we have the 'Mark all topics read' action at the top of each forum as well as, or instead of, at the bottom?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyTue 28 May 2013 - 21:24

I wasn't even aware of such a button. Perhaps move it to the top for better visibility?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 2:23

Perhaps it's my browser (Firefox 21), but I'm a bit stuck as to how the new "Quote" system works -- I can't move the cursor below the quoted text.

Anyone able to help me out?
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 2:25

Click "switch editor mode" - button on the far right. Smile
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyFri 21 Jun 2013 - 14:52

JayMoyles wrote:
Click "switch editor mode" - button on the far right. Smile

Cheers! Just tried that now and it works a treat.
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptySun 23 Jun 2013 - 18:57

So, i'm just wondering, why again do we have a "What are you playing on X" topic for each section instead of just have a "master" one in General Gaming? Besides the 3DS one, they pretty much all seem to have died off being stuck on their own.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptySun 23 Jun 2013 - 18:58

They were sort of forum staples back on the old place, if I recall.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptySun 23 Jun 2013 - 18:59

Jay's right, they're forum staples. They'll get bumped when someone plays an old game, if nothing else.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptySun 23 Jun 2013 - 19:01

Eh...well, tradition's nice i guess, but the whole thing just seems pretty backward to me xD
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptySun 23 Jun 2013 - 19:13

Maybe we should attach them to the tops of the boards with forum staples? Nah nah!

(oof)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptySun 23 Jun 2013 - 19:16

Forum suggestions - Page 6 Tumblr_mjv6ugLTcN1s2xmmmo1_250
Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptySun 23 Jun 2013 - 19:19

Stu_the_great wrote:
Maybe we should attach them to the tops of the boards with forum staples? Nah nah!

(oof)
There'd still be the fact most of them are pretty dead, but at least with stickies they'd still be in clear sight rather than sunk halfway down the forum.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptySun 23 Jun 2013 - 22:58

I've been thinking about this too, reckon it'd be a good idea to have one major topic for what we're playing at the moment.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptySun 23 Jun 2013 - 23:56

sporkhead wrote:
I've been thinking about this too, reckon it'd be a good idea to have one major topic for what we're playing at the moment.

I agree with this, particularly if one person is playing a game on xBox and another is playing the same on PlayStation, it's silly to segregate the discussion into two threads- especially given that neither system really has the meaningful range of exclusives Nintendo consoles have.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 1:27

Anyone else having the issue where unread posts end up being marked as read? This usually happens after I exit a topic.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 1:36

beemoh wrote:
sporkhead wrote:

I agree with this, particularly if one person is playing a game on xBox and another is playing the same on PlayStation, it's silly to segregate the discussion into two threads- especially given that neither system really has the meaningful range of exclusives Nintendo consoles have.
Yep, that too. We play games, not consoles, it shouldn't be segregated in terms of platform in terms of this topic's content and purpose.
Back to top Go down
beemoh
Koopaling

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 2:18

The_Jaster wrote:
Anyone else having the issue where unread posts end up being marked as read? This usually happens after I exit a topic.

Quirk of this kind of forum software- it considers everything after a certain point of inactivity 'read'.

What I do is open all the threads I want to read in background tabs in one go.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 7:57

sporkhead wrote:

If enough people think this would be better, I can merge all the "what are you playing" threads into General Gaming.  I'm a proponent of seeing an "other consoles" thread, for the reason beemoh described, but as a Nintendo fanboy who's on this Nintendo forum to talk about Nintendo, I'd rather keep the Nintendo games separate (in one or more threads).  There aren't many overlaps with other consoles (maybe more with iOS?), and I don't want to look at one giant "What are you playing?" thread when it updates, just to see that's it's somebody else raving about The Last of Us! Razz

Up to everyone, of course.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 11:51

Just to go over how it is atm, right now there's ones for Wii, Wii U, 3DS, iOS, PC, PS3, 360 and Retro (yep, there's no DS one it seems. Surprised me). That's 8 seperate topics spread across the whole forum.

The Wii one hasn't seen a post in a month, the Wii U one in two months, though the 3DS one is well active. Retro's last post was a couple of weeks ago, which is fine. iOS and PC is closer to a month and the former section at the least looks like it's very quickly heading the way of the Xbox one. The PS3's one was last posted in back in Feburary. 360's last activeness was more recent, but knowing that section... Laughing

Given the Nintendo skew around here, Balladeer's suggestion could prolly work fine imo. Merging the Wii and Wii U WAUP topics, adding DS into the 3DS one as well to just cover some bases and merging the rest together into General Gaming so you have Wii/U topic; 3/DS topic; General Gaming topic would be the way to do that imo.
Back to top Go down
fronkhead
Disciple of Scullion
fronkhead

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyMon 24 Jun 2013 - 23:17

Yeah, wouldn't mind a Ninty one and one for non-Ninty content, both in general gaming discussions perhaps?

Back to top Go down
Silver light
Ing Warrior
Silver light

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyTue 25 Jun 2013 - 19:02

sporkhead wrote:
Yeah, wouldn't mind a Ninty one and one for non-Ninty content, both in general gaming discussions perhaps?

I'd say that if you put both the Ninty and non-Ninty ones in General Gaming, you might as well just make it one thread anyway.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Ice Climber
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyWed 26 Jun 2013 - 19:36

I'd still argue that they're all there if and when someone wants 'em, but if people want them condensing down slightly (and I do agree about Wii/Wii U DS/3DS threads being merged), we can also arrange that, too. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 EmptyMon 19 Aug 2013 - 2:02

Anyone else having an issue with the site not loading on first try or posts failing to submit?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum suggestions
Page 6 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next