We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum suggestions

Go down 
+28
Buskalilly
Luigi442wii
Cube
masofdas
The Cappuccino Kid
awesomedude
fronkhead
Axis1500
nupkin
Slazo
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
Silver light
shanks
Gwyn400
Treesmurf
Tokyo_Sonata
Xelviar
mandlecreed
Admin
Jimbob
beemoh
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
Dusty Knackers
Crumpy Andy
Balladeer
Fancy Fancy
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16
AuthorMessage
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

Forum suggestions - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 19:53

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Personally, I'd much rather see the taglines used in a genuinely useful way, such as to promote threads, forum votes/events, or upcoming games releases. For too long, they've just peddled comedy that's not usually funny.

I'd argue that we do indeed use the taglines for all three of your suggestions. We always promote big threads or votes/events when they roll around - I'd imagine we'll have one for Drunka's Pokémon vote when it gets closer to its deadline. As for game releases, it'd be a bit dry to go "Spider-Man out now on PS4", so we try to throw in a joke or something to make that at least somewhat more engaging. However, considering we've never proclaimed to be funny in the least or if we don't end up knowing much about the game in question, they might end up falling flat. But, that's where you guys come in - we've got a tagline suggestions thread for a reason, after all.

But cheers for raising it as a point, that's what this thread is for, after all. There's not a lot we can influence about the taglines if nobody is suggesting any. I'm absolutely shite at thinking of them anyway, so it'll usually fall to yer man Balla if we've not had any suggestions.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 20:50

I... don't really know how to respond to that.

I know I'm not the funniest person in the world, but I always have fun thinking up the taggers, which I do regularly because I barely get any other suggestions. The alternative, as Jay says, is dry and dull. I will gladly take suggestions, but like heck I'm putting up 'go check out this thread'. That's what the Twitter's for.

As for the thread subtitles, that's really up everyone else. If the thread creator doesn't want to add a joke, that's their prerogative. If enough people object to the jokes, then I certainly will stop using them; although I certainly appreciate other people's.

I don't know how to end this post.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 22:33

Balladeer wrote:
I always have fun thinking up the taggers

That sums it up well, as it seems that you're doing it for your own amusement. We've got folk saying that 'they're not the funniest people in the world and that', but it's like their own very particular sense of humour is being shoved in your face every time you're on here. You can't read anything here without seeing something like "I like the way you run...bow" or whatever, everywhere. It's not offensive, but it's constant. This forum is too small to not notice it.

Not every thread subtitle needs to be a pun, and there doesn't need to be a new tagline everyday, surely? Again, I'm sorry, but then again I wouldn't need to be apologising or raising these points if folk demonstrated that they knew that 'they're not the funniest folk in the world and that'.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 22:41

To that final point, I'd say the solution to that is to fire some suggestions our way in the tagline thread. Smile

It'll help us out as we try and cycle the tagline at least a couple of times a week and as you've observed, sometimes the ideas well runs dry, and it'll help yourself and others out if the humour you usually see in the taglines isn't to your liking.
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 22:56

The last time I suggested something for the taglines, I was told by the forum Admin that despite "gladly (taking) suggestions", "like heck (he'd be) putting up 'go check out this thread'".
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 23:15

I think the point being made there is that we're happy to shout out threads, but for it to be a cut and dry "check out this thread", as it was put, is a bit lifeless for the forum.

I think the sort of things I'd be looking for personally are like these trio of taglines from the start of the year, which I think Zero was responsible for:

"Like Kirby Floating In On A Star, The Next GNamer Forum Annual Award Result Appears! (29/01/2018)
There's A Rumble In The Forumble - Sign Up For The Sweepstake Now! (28/01/2018)
Like Mario Emerging From A Green Pipe, The First GNamer Forum Annual Award Result Appears! (27/01/2018)"

They're shouting out threads or events but they've got character to them too. If there's a particular thread you'd like eyes on, mention it in the tagline thread and we'll sort something like the above three examples out. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyMon 17 Sep 2018 - 23:53

Maybe I just don't pay enough attention to the taglines but it feels like some past suggestions folk have made were ignored or said to be put into a backlog but then never used? I know it isn't on purpose as sometimes other gaming events pop up so topical taglines are often used instead, for me though I've always preferred the our silly little in-jokes like kid from a to rose etc to be up there instead.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyTue 18 Sep 2018 - 0:13

I can partially see where Cappa's coming from. I hate forced, fake, ufunby humour trying to hide something cold and heartless. I'm thinking innocent smoothie bottles and menus in trendy restaurants.

GNamer isn't a big soulless corporation, though. Its just a couple of blokes we all know. I'll agree there are real stinkers among the thread titles and taglines, and I'll cop to writing some utterly unfunny guff just to fit in.

At the end of the day, though, its easy to ignore. On the rare ocassions I do notice it I just roll my eyes, think "Oh, Balla/ Mas" and carry on with my day. The solution isn't to get rid of something that's just a bit of fun, but if you can't ignore try to do it better.

I'd agree that we should all feel less forced to make every thread title a gag, though.

Also, Isabelle End is one of my favourites in a while.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyTue 18 Sep 2018 - 5:53

I think I'm going to step away from the main thrust of the discussion, as I have too much of a dog in this fight.  There's a world of difference between 'not the funniest person in the world' and 'unfunny for a while now', and given that many taggers these days are mine, it feels a bit personal for me to look at this impartially.

That said, from Jas and Drunka's posts it sounds like we could stand to do more in-joke taglines, and there's some support for not every thread having a joke in the name.  Noted!

The_Jaster wrote:
Maybe I just don't pay enough attention to the taglines but it feels like some past suggestions folk have made were ignored or said to be put into a backlog but then never used? I know it isn't on purpose as sometimes other gaming events pop up so topical taglines are often used instead, for me though I've always preferred the our silly little in-jokes like kid from a to rose etc to be up there instead.

We only have two in the backlog at the moment, Jas - one of Jim's and one of yours ('Ridley Ridley happy'), which we're looking for the right moment to use.  If there are any other stoaters you'd like to see that we might have missed, please let us know!

There will also be a tagger directing people to Drunka's vote thread. Was planning to do that in the last few days of the event, but Drunka, let us know if you'd like it sooner.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyTue 18 Sep 2018 - 14:05

I like seeing what new tagline is up but it is normally always from Balla, I do try & think of some like the recent Spider-Man one as it's a huge game that a lot of us are playing and I know Balla won't post a tagline on it.

Also because it's Balla, I've got to try and keep it Nintendo themed as well hence the whole thing with Sinister Six and using Nintendo Villains, it was never meant to be funny just relevant for now.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 21:07

All emoticons to be turned into the face of Reggie.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 21:18

His head already broke the forum once... might not risk that! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyThu 21 Feb 2019 - 21:28

I'd be up for a Reggiecon down the bottom if anyone wants to try turning that face into one...
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 19:57

Not a suggestion but it looks like the multi quote button is broken.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyThu 17 Sep 2020 - 20:04

Rolling Eyes Great. Thanks for flagging Jas, if it hasn't fixed itself in a couple of days one of us admins. will take it up with Forumotion.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyTue 4 May 2021 - 19:16

I had a thread idea that I wanted to put to the masses before trying to make it a thing. Basically: what would we want to see in the next instalment of a series of games? Each fortnight I'd suggest a series (e.g. 2D Mario, Monster Hunter, Crash Bandicoot) and everybody would talk about what they'd like to see in the next game in that series. Hopefully we discuss other people's ideas and it's all good fun. Also: no way it could become a vote thread. Would anybody be up for it?
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyTue 4 May 2021 - 21:22

I think that makes a whole lot of sense - I'd only say that, like some other discussion things we've done, maybe don't worry about rigidly setting it at a fortnight - just until the ideas are done.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyTue 4 May 2021 - 21:39

This would be great particularly for dead series (ie. F-Zero, Wave Race, Beetle Adventure Racing...). They are games that may need to rely on a new 'hook' or mode.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyTue 4 May 2021 - 22:12

Jimbob wrote:
I think that makes a whole lot of sense - I'd only say that, like some other discussion things we've done, maybe don't worry about rigidly setting it at a fortnight - just until the ideas are done.

Oh sure, 'fortnight' is a minimum that just makes sure that things turns over if the discussion dries up.  Anyway, it seems like there should be enough interest. I'll put this into action when I'm next on here and don't want to go to bed/play an RPG with cats. Or somebody else can.

(Clearly the thing to do with F-Zero would be to stuff it full of Beetles.)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyWed 8 Dec 2021 - 14:02

Hi I know the forum from the stats' forum setup in 2008 by Stu but far as I'm aware didn't get used till later when NGamer shutdown. So I'm not exactly correct here but is 2022 the 10th anniversary of the forum?, as I know it to be the 10th edition of Secret Santa and Wii U's 10th anniversary in 2022.

That I'm wondering if admins have anything planned.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyWed 8 Dec 2021 - 19:20

Nah, it's 2023 when the big 10 year anniversary will happen - nothing planned yet!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyThu 9 Dec 2021 - 12:17

Ahh yeah the Secret Santa in 2013 would have been first annual, that I Vince McMahon it like WrestleMania 25 being the 25th anniversary show even though it wasn't.

Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 EmptyThu 9 Dec 2021 - 16:25

I’d want an all-format GNamer re-enactment of the time N64 Magazine stayed up all night and debated the best games:

Forum suggestions - Page 16 Onmems-410bth

Oh, the hilarity that would ensue from me launching Mega Drive carts at folks’ sacks while telling them why Monster Hunter is utter toot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum suggestions   Forum suggestions - Page 16 Empty

Back to top Go down

Forum suggestions
Page 16 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16