We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)

Go down 
+13
fronkhead
Treesmurf
shanks
JayMoyles
NintenDUCK
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Buskalilly
gjones
OrangeRakoon
masofdas
Balladeer
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) Empty
PostSubject: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:08

I don't know where Switch stuff goes, so it's here for now.  Looks a bit... 2.5D, again, for my liking sadly.  But maybe that's a hub-world you see there?  Maybe?  Who knows?  It'll be good, that's for damn sure: there's no such thing as a bad 3D Mario.

Last edited by Balladeer on Sat 16 Sep 2017 - 9:43; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Well that was wrong as feck.)
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:19

Like I was bringing up in the NX thread as its both a home console and handheld it fits nether section, that Switch will need its own section or the admisn Switch it up and make (the last gen) Wii U & 3DS one and Switch one.

Then when put do play a Wii game like with Jay with Okami it goes retro.

On the game yeah looks more of a SM3DW2 which is fine especially if its out on launch.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:19

It might look slightly 3D World with the zoomed out camera, but it's certainly not 2.5D - looks nothing like Kirby or Klonoa Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:29

Yeah this looks more like a traditional 3D Mario, just the aesthetic and "level being in front of you" perspective give it that SM3DW feel.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:32

If we're assuming a direct progression of 3D World to 3D Land to 3D Switch, they are at least moving closer and closer to the "proper" 3D Marios. The camera looks closer to Mario, and it appeared to show more complex moves like the slide long jump.

For me, the issue was never the lack of exploration, it was the less inventive art direction. As long as we get more of Galaxy's exuberant inventiveness and less of 3D Land's conservative and clean "generic Mario" I'll love it for sure.

Also, these games might have literally been proofs of concept and not really represented actual games at all.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 16:33

I doubt it on this one - we had this rumour beforehand, which could be bobbins but it seems a little too coincidental to have that and then what looks like a new Mario.

Anyway, here's hoping that you're right, GJones. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 17:03

I instantly thought 3D Mario when I seen this, as you said balla it may well just have been a hub world.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 17:09

Yeah, the level bit of the Mario game looked much improved over the 3D Land/World games, cam looked closer too as opposed to the zoomed out level viewer.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 18:30

I sort of want all of this picture to be the game, so you control the player playing the game? Then you could SWITCH your player for a different one at various points in the game.

I see what I did there.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 20:22

Also lovely!

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) Mario2axfq
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 20:26

It does look incredibly shiny. What d'you reckon those mountains are made out of? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 20:27

Look at those transparent crystals . . . are they ice, melting and steaming in the desert? Looks gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 20:49

If you look close enough the angry sun has made his return & has a laser sight trained on Mario constantly.

Last edited by The_Jaster on Fri 21 Oct 2016 - 0:15; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 21:19

A 3d mario game. *add to cart*
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 21:21

The_Jaster wrote:
If you close enough the angry sun has made his return & has a laser sight trained on Mario constantly.

I think that means JJ Abrams is the game's director.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 21:33

I love how casually Nintendo revealed this - basically saying "yeah, we've got Mario. Shiny new Mario. You in?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 7:27

Drunkalilly wrote:
Look at those transparent crystals . . . are they ice, melting and steaming in the desert? Looks gorgeous.

Completely missed those last time around. These are going to be this generation's

DIGRESSION ALERT: Nintendo's messed up the generation structure good and proper this time hasn't it? One of the few good things about CVG shutting up shop is that I won't have to read all the people going "but it's last gen./not next gen." Conversely I am sat in a bit of a single-platform echo chamber these days.

rain running down the screen in SM3DW, aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 8:00

Want some wild speculation? That looks like a heart spinning in the air in Jas' picture. Combined with the desert setting, I predict a return to the Sarasaland of Super Mario Land.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 8:07

That would make me unbelievably happy... but I think it might be a bit too wild!
Back to top Go down
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptyFri 21 Oct 2016 - 23:00

GameXplain has made a 11 minute video pointing out all of the things and making speculations. What do you guys think? Different mario hats is an interesting idea, a bubble hat for swimming or a heart hat for extra health (assuming health metres make a return) would be cool.
Video:
Back to top Go down
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptySat 22 Oct 2016 - 0:39

So long as this is a proper 3D Mario I am sold no matter what, I'm honestly sick of the run to the right and jump and the run to the right and down a bit and nowntonthe right again games
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptySat 22 Oct 2016 - 1:23

NintenDUCK wrote:
GameXplain has made a 11 minute video pointing out all of the things and making speculations

They might be wrong about everything, but I'm so glad to see such a small amount of Mario footage given so much attention. This is wha NGamer and/ oir ONM would be spending the next 5 months on
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptySat 22 Oct 2016 - 7:53

Thanks for that, Duck. Those Gamexplain guys sure are obsessive, aren't they?! (plus I don't like the guy's voice or delivery all that much) On seeing the non-Bullet Bill part, my mind said two things: "Paper Mario" (as it looks more like a location that might be in that series instead of a straight-up Mario platformer) and "Isle Delfino" (that's the hub it most closely resembles). The Bullet Bill part looks like a standard-ish level to these tired eyes. Thumbs Up!

Surely the bus stop is just level furniture? Suspect
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptySat 22 Oct 2016 - 14:29

If this is a sort of sequel to sunshine then that is super.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 12:07

I'm going for Super Mario Siesta.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)   Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Super Mario Odyssey (Peach as Penelope Confirmed)
Page 1 of 15Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 15  Next