Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Red Dead Redemption 2

Go down 
+3
JayMoyles
Treesmurf
masofdas
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Red Dead Redemption 2  Empty
PostSubject: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptyThu 20 Oct 2016 - 20:40

Rockstar may have chosen a bad day to show RDR2 being 1hr after the switch with a even shorter trailer as well for the game coming in fall 2017.
Red Dead Redemption 2  CvDTzvUXEAAqQyD

This just adds to what looks to be a great year for gaming in 2017 with what is the only rockstar series I've really liked and the first one to be developed for this generation console unlike GTAV which was just a remaster of a PS360 game.

Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySun 23 Oct 2016 - 12:38

I'm so ready for this, it's been long enough I think for this to feel new again. The trailer didn't really show much but I suppose it's one of those games you don't really want spoiled, do we think that's John Marston and his gang in a prequel or a sequel with a different lead?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySat 27 Oct 2018 - 21:34

Er, two year bump, I guess! (Really? Thought we'd have spoken about this since!)

Who's all picked this up then?

I bashed through the first chapter last night - easily the slowest open I've played in a game since Twilight Princess, but I think that's me at the good stuff now so onwards I roll. Early impressions - it's bloody pretty, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySat 27 Oct 2018 - 21:51

I think I'm almost done with Chapter 2, it's been rather slow and it's a bit anal that I've seen some comparisons to Shenmue, I don't know if that's fresh in people's minds as don't see it brought to often.

It does look fantastic on the One X (might be the best X game) which is the version to play if you can as it's the only one without any issues. As RDR2 is seriously pushing the other 3 consoles and what Sony might have meant about needing next gen.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySat 27 Oct 2018 - 22:45

JayMoyles wrote:
Er, two year bump, I guess! (Really? Thought we'd have spoken about this since!)

Who's all picked this up then?

I bashed through the first chapter last night - easily the slowest open I've played in a game since Twilight Princess, but I think that's me at the good stuff now so onwards I roll. Early impressions - it's bloody pretty, isn't it?

Yup definitely agreed on the slow start part but it makes sense story wise, doesn't it? The main missions haven't blew me away yet either in fact I've had more fun doing the side stuff, I'm still in chapter two myself and I know it's early days but I can see this game being too big for it's own good and the mission variety suffering because of that.

masofdas wrote:

It does look fantastic on the One X (might be the best X game) which is the version to play if you can as it's the only one without any issues. As RDR2 is seriously pushing the other 3 consoles and what Sony might have meant about needing next gen.

I've not seen any issues and I'm on the base ps4, and when I was playing just now trotting into the mountains on a treasure hunt I was stunned at how this games seems to have zero texture pop in/up etc.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySat 27 Oct 2018 - 23:14

It doesn't have anything like that which is quite an achievement but does surfer in the framerate department on base PS4 for instance.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySun 28 Oct 2018 - 0:11

mas wrote:

It doesn't have anything like that which is quite an achievement but does surfer in the framerate department on base PS4 for instance.

I've definitely saw small frame dips for a few seconds twice (both happened upon riding really quickly into a town but it hasn't happened since) and none of it has impacted any shootouts I've been in, so as long as fps is stable which it is so far that's good enough for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySun 28 Oct 2018 - 6:13

It's all subjective but when you see it's 864p and 24fps avg on base Xbox One, 1080p (I believe) and 24fps avg on base PS4 along with the Pro also not that smooth due to a weird dynamic resolution.

That does make you think when Sony are putting out official press releases about PS5 and it being necessary, maybe it's something like games running at 1080p 30fps (I'd hope 60fps) flawlessly.

I might be wrong but I think Jay might be playing it the best way on PlayStation, as I don't think he's got a 4KTV but has a Pro that he'll have the solid 30fps and I'll doubt he'll have the resolution issues.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySun 28 Oct 2018 - 8:03

You might want to step away from the digital foundry. Razz
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySun 28 Oct 2018 - 8:27

Not just them, other comparison video's etc. This like always I can see going around in circles, if you enjoy the game and don't have a issue that's great but for me the FPS would annoy me and the base Xbox version, just looks plan bad and something next-gen might get rid of.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySun 28 Oct 2018 - 9:03

Mas, nobody here cares about that bollocks. We only need "does it run fine".

Anyway I'm glad for the slow start, I feel like I've really gotten to know the gang. I've no doubt the story will pick up in intensity but I've only seen a tiny portion of the map and I already care for the gang (apart from Micah, natch).
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySun 28 Oct 2018 - 9:35

I know you guys don't much but am I not allowed to reply to Jays post about how it looks and that it does on the One X due to fact in runs flawlessly, that's all I wanted to say.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySun 28 Oct 2018 - 16:11

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Mas, nobody here cares about that bollocks. We only need "does it run fine".

Anyway I'm glad for the slow start, I feel like I've really gotten to know the gang. I've no doubt the story will pick up in intensity but I've only seen a tiny portion of the map and I already care for the gang (apart from Micah, natch).

Aye, Micah is such a prick and after a certain mission I just wanted to pop a bullet in the back of his head.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptyMon 29 Oct 2018 - 23:07

masofdas wrote:

I might be wrong but I think Jay might be playing it the best way on PlayStation, as I don't think he's got a 4KTV but has a Pro that he'll have the solid 30fps and I'll doubt he'll have the resolution issues.

Nah, no dramas from me. Game runs fine and it looks the business. Thumbs Up!

Crumpy Andy wrote:

Hm, comparing this to its prequel I felt the original balanced giving you free reign to fuck about from pretty much the word go whereas RDR2 was hamstrung by the writing choice of having you stranded up in the snowy mountains. I've always rated Rockstar's games for their open worlds and how fun they are to explore and I've felt the missions have always come second to that, so forcing you into a two hour prologue was a bit of a rocky beginning to the game in my eyes.

Thankfully, now that it's opened up I'm having an absolute blast. I ended up on a big detour on my way down to clearing one of the Stranger missions where I experienced the following:

Jay's fun cowboy adventure:

As with nearly all of Rockstar's games, the fun is in the escapades you get up to between missions, not in the missions themselves, I'd say.

Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptyTue 30 Oct 2018 - 18:41

Anyone else having issues of still being identified during robberies etc even though you are wearing a mask or bandana? As last night I was trying to get that train sharpshooter challenge done, I mask up then jumped on a train and got rid of the one guard but seconds after that it just says "wanted: Arthur Morgan" then a bunch of lawmen spawned on the train itself.

All I wanted to do was shoot 5 birds while on a moving train. Laughing
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptyTue 30 Oct 2018 - 20:09

So, somebody on Reddit apparently figured that problem out.

It seems like the only way to get away with a robbery undetected is to either be doing it upon entering a town or settlement for the first time or to be wearing a set of clothes and riding a horse that the townspeople have never seen you wear before. I guess it makes sense that I'd been gallivanting around Valentine with the same horse and folks saw a thief gallop away on that horse that I'd be public enemy number one. I've not tested it myself so I can't speak to its effectiveness, but something that might be worth a try, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptyTue 30 Oct 2018 - 20:26

I had wee search after I posted that and I seen folk say that, though others say it could be bugged in certain cases and I think I agree but if it's just attention to detail thing that's really lame as it just ruins a fun gameplay element in my opinion.

Another example: I wait about 15 minutes by the train tacks up in the grizzlies no where near any towns, already had my mask on and as soon as I jump a train I get an instant wanted level and identified again.........I guess I'll try the different horse and clothes thing then. *sigh*
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptyWed 31 Oct 2018 - 0:09

That sounds bugged in your instance as surely a random train wouldn't know who you are and be able to identify you right away.

I've still barely touched the story in lieu of fannying about in my cowboy wonderland, but I thoroughly enjoyed the trip to the saloon with Lenny. Great stuff.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptyWed 31 Oct 2018 - 0:54

Yeah it seems like it but trying the change of horse/clothes seems to have worked when I tried again, I even got to drive the train about without being bothered. Smile

Jay wrote:
I've still barely touched the story in lieu of fannying about in my cowboy wonderland, but I thoroughly enjoyed the trip to the saloon with Lenny. Great stuff.

Oh wow you are still quite early on but I'm with you as all of my play session tonight was going after challenges, hunting animals and exploring for treasure.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptyWed 31 Oct 2018 - 22:05

I've only had the chance to play for a couple of hours or so each night and this is a slow-burner game through and through. I'll get to the missions eventually though. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptyFri 2 Nov 2018 - 20:00

Missing my boys and girls already :'( it's gonna be a long weekend...
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptyFri 2 Nov 2018 - 21:51

Meanwhile, at my house:

Red Dead Redemption 2  MpmUTt2
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySat 3 Nov 2018 - 14:38

I should get a lot in this weekend as I'm off and then in 8 days time I'm on holiday, giving me plenty of time to finish this before Pokemon.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySun 4 Nov 2018 - 17:17

I want to pick this up at the tail end of November after I buy a new TV. I don't fancy parting with the best part of £50 to run it on my computer monitor.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  EmptySun 4 Nov 2018 - 18:14

That's definitely the best move especially with how great the game looks so having a good telly for it is must I think.

---

Do any of you play this in free aim? I started off with it like that but thought it was a bit much so kept the lock on until recently in chapter 3, where I decided to replay some missions so used those to practice free aim again and it's so much more satisfying to play especially when you get those slow motion cinematic kills. Also I love the random encounters this game has and how much variety they have, when I was trying the horseback challenge where you have to ride from Valentine to Rhodes in 5 minutes I was making good pace until I came to a bridge where some bandits had blocked it with a couple of wagons - I was annoyed initially since it ruined the challenge but I still got a cool moment of me galloping across the bridge activating the dead eye and taking them all out in one go.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Dead Redemption 2    Red Dead Redemption 2  Empty

Back to top Go down

Red Dead Redemption 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next