We've got a Good Feeling about Peach's new game.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+7
The Cappuccino Kid
masofdas
Buskalilly
Balladeer
JayMoyles
ZeroJones
Crumpy Andy
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 10:19

I think we can all agree the Wii U is dead, a quick google says it's just 3 clearly cancelled indie games, a Shovel Knight dlc and Just Dance 2018 to come, so think we're safe.

The console itself may not have been a slam dunk, but there was certainly a fair share of Bangers on it, so let us do some votes to see what is good and what is food (I wanted something to rhyme, I guess we're going to have to eat the crap ones now).

Categories
Top 5 eShop games (Games that were originally eShop exclusive, Shovel Knight would fit in here)
Top 5 Physical games (Games that don't qualify for the above)
Top 5 Retro games (This can include Wii games that were released on the eShop)
Top 5 Uses of the pad
Top 5 Games to play on the pad
Top 5 Games to use on the big screen
Best Third Party game (Exclude the indies, they have their own category)
Top 10 Wii U games of all time

I'll figure out a release schedule later, but it will open on Friday. Feedback welcome.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 12:52

Yes! Looking forward to this, if only so I can mentally consign the thing to history, where it belongs. Plenty of comprehensive categories to vote in, too. Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 15:17

Due to my lack of a Wii U, I will be observing this thread rather than taking part. Interested to see the results, natch!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 19:01

Ooh, another votey thread! Was just thinking it'd been a while since the last non-year end votesarama. We haven't had one this year I don't think. Eh? Despite the lack of many games released since the third year, my votes will be a-changin'. Oooooooh yestheywill.

Suggestions: kick out the retail-only vote? Just because otherwise it tends to be very similar to the top five (or occasionally six) of the Big Vote, and spoils the suspense of that one. In its place, could I suggest a Worst Wii U Games That We All Played (And Therefore Probably Not Worst On The Machine But Hey, We Don't Play Everything) vote? I do love putting the boot in. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 19:08

I think I'll keep the retail, I planned on releasing it on the same day as the top 10 anyway, so the only way you'd be spoilt is if you choose the read it first.

I think worst game just tends to be too varied, though feel free to throw dishonourables in.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 19:12

No slow build-up for the top ten? Aww! I'll still have ten or so dishonourables.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 19:14

I didn't even think about that! Yes that sounds better, either way I'll keep it for the sake of seeing how things differ, I'm sure there's a few eShop titles that could cause some upset...
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 19:18

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I'm sure there's a few eShop titles that could cause some upset...

There is. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyMon 9 Oct 2017 - 19:26

You'd better hope so, or for a tie. I still think you risk them being the same and mucking up the suspense... and that's the last thing I'll say on the matter, your vote thread your rules. You have however given me an idea... :idea:
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017 - 10:42

I'm gonna leave this to the absolute last possible second because its andy and he deserves no less.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017 - 17:32

Wait what the eShop games have to be Wii U exclusives (or were timed at least)? That seems daft as the Wii U has some greats downloads that aren't exclusive.

What about the rest of the cats part from the 3rd party one also would we count W101 as 3rd party or 2nd party.

Slightly disappointed its not like the DS and Wii vote with best racing game, best action adventure etc
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017 - 18:23

I was going to ask the same thing as Mas actually (in his first two paragraphs, at least - the Wii U would struggle to make a lot of genres apart from platforming).  Take Guacamelee: that doesn't fit anywhere bar the big vote as it stands.  Suggestion that eShop category includes all games that weren't VC or Wii?

My aim, I should stress, is not to make Andy regret deciding to run this. Razz
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017 - 19:38

Andy, can you please make a category for best games not on Wii U? I'd like to take part in this vote.

Also, could you add in another category for best JRPG on DS set in Shibuya with an orange-haired lad as the protagonist? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017 - 20:13

Come on Jay where only asking if we can vote for anything on the eShop as if its an exclusive that's rather restricting things, and not representive of the best eShop titles.

Which to me it should be and like it has been in the previous Wii U votes, as we can vote for the best games on the system as well.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017 - 20:32

I'm taking the piss and playing off...

Balladeer wrote:

My aim, I should stress, is not to make Andy regret deciding to run this. Razz

...this Mas, requests to tweak a vote thread's categories aren't new or anything! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017 - 20:35

JayMoyles wrote:
Also, could you add in another category for best JRPG on DS set in Shibuya with an orange-haired lad as the protagonist? Thanks.

The winner is The World Ends With You...

...iOS Version

(Yes I did miss the bit where you said 'on DS', shush.)
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017 - 20:48

The iOS version is in my bad books for including a teaser image for a potential sequel that was never built upon. Aww!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017 - 20:50

I'm genuinely struggling to think of good uses of the GamePad, or games that were good to play on a TV screen. I don't think I'm going to have much to contribute to this thread - I think I've forgotten all about the Wii U already!
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017 - 21:56

I have fond memories of the Wii U. Mostly because it allowed me to be a less anti-social git by playing console games on the sofa next to my wife as she watched [insert soap/reality tv series] instead of in another room. Always regret not sticking around for Xenoblade X or the Twilight Princess HD edition. Or even Breath of the Wild. I have thought about picking a Wii U up again because the Gamepad was sturdy and stood up to being dropped by children which I suspect the Switch is less suited to.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017 - 22:54

I've clearly misused the word exclusive. I just meant that they didn't come to disk.

I always say just vote what you can. Would sooner have a top 2 than nothing.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyTue 10 Oct 2017 - 23:22

Crumpy Andy wrote:
I've clearly misused the word exclusive. I just meant that they didn't come to disk.

YESSSSSS! That has shot up the rankings to be my favourite category by far. Cool
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed 11 Oct 2017 - 0:25

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
I'm genuinely struggling to think of good uses of the GamePad, or games that were good to play on a TV screen. I don't think I'm going to have much to contribute to this thread - I think I've forgotten all about the Wii U already!
Spoiler Alert! It'll likely feature a lot of Nintendo Land. I miss Nintendo Land. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed 11 Oct 2017 - 5:31

Yeah it was/is misleading but yeah that makes more sense that games that where released on the eShop before having a retail version are for the eShop vote and not the retail one.

On the 3rd party category, is it just one vote or is 5 like the rest part from The Final Top 10.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed 11 Oct 2017 - 7:23

Just one for 3rd Party, thought 5 would be a bit of a squeeze.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! EmptyWed 11 Oct 2017 - 11:35

That's going to be tough one or can we meet halfway and do 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!   The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Much Less Controversial Wii U is dead thread - let's be sad and have a little vote to work out which of the consoles games are better than the other games that happened to be released on the same console. Votes, Votes! VOTES! VOTEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next