We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 20:03

I did the same a couple of weeks ago. I've fast forwarded sections elsewhere as well.

(That said, speaking of Jim I did feel very happy watching the latest Jimquisition)
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 20:22

Was never really a fan of his podder, thought it was ok but meh. He's still ma boi, but I'm tiring of his repeat ribs at konami, let alone nintenners. We get it, they didn't make enough of the mini nes things!
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyTue 28 Feb 2017 - 22:31

masofdas wrote:
More may come tonight bu for now with 3 Days to go, here's another launch game

That's just Superman 64 in disguise, right?

Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
NintenDUCK
Vote Thread
NintenDUCK

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Mar 2017 - 15:17

32 hours and 42 minutes to go guys! It's literally tomorrow. (not literally but you get my point)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Mar 2017 - 16:28

Hardware reviews are starting to drop and it seems the general consensus is the actual hardware feels great but has some issues.

Home Console mode it seems the system is under powered and Zelda at launch seems to be pushing the console where it is only 900p & 30fps and drops below it along with no antialiasing with in this in mind the likes of big AAA games are unlikely, which I think most of us gathered after a bunch of games were confirmed not to becoming to the system or if the ones that do (looking at you FIFA) will be gimped.

Also every review brings up the issue with left joy-con but they hope a patch may solve it and the UI is nice but not a lot on it.

Portable Mode is where the Switch shine and a few reviews bringing up it feels more a 3DS replacement then anything and is amazing to play a game like Zelda on the go, however it is a big to bulky and has a short battery life.

The battery life to me is not a issue as I think it was family gamer or something tested a bunch of stuff and it was better then DS, 3DS, 2DS, VITA and iPads. Of course times change and what was fine when the DS came out, might not be now but still seems a bit of weird one.

I'm still excited and the more I'm seeing and looking at my big game list, I see why I want a Switch due cool indies, Japanese stuff and a great first party.

I also do think that we may see a 2DS like Switch which is handheld only or a Switch without the dock sold that will replace the 3DS ans maybe a New Switch with 4K video support and bit more oomph to get Zelda at 1080p with a locked 30fps at least.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Mar 2017 - 17:24

It is utter nonsense to review a console that hasn't had its day one patch after having it less than a week. I am ignoring all of the above.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Mar 2017 - 17:29

I have always thought that as even the worst console could be great due to the games but it does seems to be that the Switch is more of a handheld you plug into a TV then a Home Console which can take on the go.

But some of it is true, though.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Mar 2017 - 19:06

I refer to the "Switch is primarily a handheld" argument as 'The Scullion Position'. It was difficult to see it going any other way, to be honest, and I'm happy with that. Nintendo's unfortunate position with its tanking home console has meant the marketing message is muddled... all of which we know anyway. Eh? If we're going for speculation about a console that hasn't been released yet, then I reckon we'll eventually get a New Switch, kind of like the New 3DS... but not much more.
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Mar 2017 - 19:25

I completely agree with Drunka on this one, Its frankly ludicrous to review a console before the day one patch that is surely common knowledge at this point!

The worst offenders for me are all the scored ones (good or bad) as consoles change dramatically week on week, year on year. Just look at PS4 or Xbox One now and compare them to the pre-day one machines!!

How about games media focus on the games? no? just me?

*RANT CONCLUDED*
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Mar 2017 - 19:41

I'm none too keen on day one patches in general myself. Unless it means a launch release for Ace Attorney: Spirit of Justice HD! [/nicheashelljoke]
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Mar 2017 - 20:36

Nearly are all positive though EofGiz but most are going it's a super handheld as the main positive.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyWed 1 Mar 2017 - 22:16

ZeroJones wrote:
I refer to the "Switch is primarily a handheld" argument as 'The Scullion Position'. It was difficult to see it going any other way, to be honest, and I'm happy with that. Nintendo's unfortunate position with its tanking home console has meant the marketing message is muddled... all of which we know anyway. Eh? If we're going for speculation about a console that hasn't been released yet, then I reckon we'll eventually get a New Switch, kind of like the New 3DS... but not much more.

I know I didn't fully agree with Scullion on that but I reckon Nintendo might eventually position this as their 3ds replacement but for now they are keeping Sony/MS guessing by saying it's a console, meaning they could have some breathing room to reveal a more powerful system later down the road when we start to hear rumblings of PS5/nextbox.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Mar 2017 - 13:08

Oh God they've only gone and done friend codes AGAIN! Hissy fit You can also add people you've played with online or people you've met locally, but this is still stupid moronic nonsense that Nintendo should have ditched long ago. Way to bring me back down to earth after the BotW reviews. Aww!
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Mar 2017 - 13:40

...and? Typing a code isn't that different than typing a username, and this adds one small barrier to randoms adding people and inundating them.

I've never understood why people are so bothered by friend codes. It won't affect my enjoyment of anything, ever.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Mar 2017 - 14:27

Yup! FC's have never bothered me either bit of a backward step that we have them again but they aren't as big a problem as people make them out to be.

EDIT: In other more important news all the Switch things I've ordered have been dispatched. Bounce Bounce Bounce Bounce
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Mar 2017 - 15:21

Literally just received an email to say that Zelda has been dispatched, and I popped into Game this morn to check my pre-order is alright (wasn't any mention of it on my Game account!), and it's good to go. Cool
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Mar 2017 - 16:01

My Zelda just arrived! I opened up the comically oversized box, which the cats are now playing in, then my brother and I had fun stamping on the big snake of bubble wrap.

I opened the actual Zelda box, to see the CD and Game (both still in their cellophane for now) and then another box, and inside that was a polystyrene box, then finally the sword. I've boxed it all back up until I go home, but it amuses me how much packaging I had delivered when really the interesting bit is a game card the size of my big toe.

Hopefully going to the midnight launch tonight.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Mar 2017 - 17:20

@Jas the neXt-box is coming this year

The FC is a weird one as the people I will add will be you guys and a few others but you know the my Tag would be masofdas and without question you could add me, now you've got to go hey mas what's your number ohh its 314159265358.

Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Mar 2017 - 18:35

Yeah but Friend Codes stop randos sending wah wah f@!#s whenever a game doesn't go their way. I mean sure, Ninteners could just set it so you can't PM users until they're friends, but they're a family friendly company at heart. Any barrier that makes it inconvenient for nasties to get sent is probably worth it.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Mar 2017 - 18:39

Have you seen the interview with Reggie from New York event that he says no Friend Codes for Switch and now we've got them.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Mar 2017 - 19:09

Off Topic reply to mas:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Mar 2017 - 19:30

Reply to Jas:
Back to top Go down
EofGizmo
FMK Tagline
EofGizmo

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Mar 2017 - 19:35

My Pro Controller came earlier! What a ridiculously comfortable controller it is!

Cant wait for the Console and Zelda tomorrow!!!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Mar 2017 - 20:01

masofdas wrote:
Reply to Jas:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 EmptyThu 2 Mar 2017 - 20:17

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next