We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 22:54

I meant more as new IP which will do decent numbers and get people wanting likes of Ribbon Girl amiibo and the continued support form Nintendo.

The Switch will out sell the Wii U with in a year and depending on how much it outpaces the Xbox One each month, I can see it passing that in no time.

Yet it will get treated like the Wii with 'Nintendo has no new franchises' 'Nintendo is for kids' or 'Nintendo has no games'
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 23:01

Balladeer wrote:
...why were you eating carnations?

It was a dare during the meal to celebrate the end of teacher training. It was rank... but the rose was quite nice; like cabbage, it was. Grin

Balla also wrote:
In other other news, 'Nintendo has no new franchises' recently became my least favourite Nintendo cliché, beating out long-running champion, 'Nintendo is for kids.'  'Nintendo has no games' is an outside contender, since the Wii U gave at least some justification to that argument and the Switch hasn't yet disproved it entirely; but it's the one I hear the most, and I get the feeling it's going to be working its way up the leagues very soon.

All the criticisms you mentioned there just make me laugh these days. "Aye, right you are, I'll just sit over here playing Code Name S.T.E.A.M./Splatoon/ARMS/Pullblox/Dillon's Rolling Western." (actually not that last one, to be honest)

masofdas wrote:
Switch doesn't have real games Balla as indies, retro, eShop, re-releases don't count.

I am sure some people think this way. Deleting all the games that have come out on other systems leaves you with 1-2-Switch, I suppose. But I'd like to challenge the notion that a game has to new or exclusive to be enjoyable. My favourite game of this year so far is a port of something that came out in 2011. Further, Breath Of The Wild is surely as enjoyable on Switch as on Wii U, if not more so.

Added to that, the Switch has only been out for three months, three months today. Give it a chance.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptySat 3 Jun 2017 - 23:13

I think at this point at time this is happening, Zero and likely will continue as we've heard it before:

Nintendo has no new franchises - Kart and Zelda on it now, that's not new and they're on Wii U

Nintendo is for kids - Kart, Skylanders, LEGO

Nintendo has no games - It only has 10 games (physical) and where's Prey, Injustice 2, Resident Evil 7 et

Which was likely said by someone who didn't own a Wii U to play Kart or Zelda and has a PS4/XBOX/PC to play Prey, Injustice 2, RE7 if they want anyway

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 8:21

There's not going to be a world-beating counterargument to all of those. I suppose we should just enjoy the games we do have. Thumbs Up! Cool
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 10:59

We sure should but people don't.

Also with the Switch as it is so different to the PS4 & Xbox One, with some of us even looking at it as replacement for the 3DS (even the VITA if you're me) that some of the arguments to me are invalid anyway, even those are what people will use.

No one is thinking the 3DS, VITA, Smartdevice should have Prey, RE7 on it but then I think people would go well it's just Pokemon on the 3DS and the VITA only has indies & weird Japanese games and urghh mobile.

I wouldn't be shocked if the people who say these things are the same people who go on about Bayonetta 2 being only on Wii U, if as many people went on about Bayonetta 2 bought Bayonetta then Nintendo wouldn't have had to fund it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 20:34

ARMS and 12S are already new franchises on the Switch.  Go back a gen. or two and there are several others, which Zero listed nicely.  It's just utter tripe at this stage.  (My favourite argument against 'Nintendo is for kids' is something like DKCTF or Grandmaster Galaxy: put kids down in front of 'em for an hour and they'll never want to play videogames again.)

Muss wrote:
I'm very pleased with the switch's fake games catalogue, particularly zelda.

If that game's fake then developers shouldn't bother making real ones any more.

Being slightly more serious, the Switch version of BotW was released at the same time as the Wii U version, and (as it's playable on the move) is pretty much objectively better. I consider BotW a Switch game, and a damn fine one.

ZeroJones wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
...why were you eating carnations?

It was a dare during the meal to celebrate the end of teacher training. It was rank... but the rose was quite nice; like cabbage, it was. Grin

Rose doesn't taste of anything, it turns up in half the cocktails I seem to drink. Grin
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptySun 4 Jun 2017 - 21:03

There were some weird flowers at school which we used to squeezethe nectar out of and slurp up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 11:08

I see the birthday boy Mr ZeroJones has got a Nintendo Switch almost dead on 3 months after launch.

As we are pre-E3 and Pre-ARMS & Splatoon 2, how are we finding the Switch? To mix it up as I think the response will largely positive, that I will take a negative stance.

I personally think the hardware is fantastic it feels well-made and has this more mature approach to design then let's say the Wii U gamepad. Like Reggie and Layden have said it is so different to the other systems that it can sit side-by-side be it a second console for exclusives or in my case the replacement for my two older handhelds and my PS4 will be my home console.

The negative part is coming from what we sort of talked about before this post and that's the games, now I know like you that the Switch has a bunch of games on it.

Thing is when I was playing Zelda, I was using my Switch almost every day for a week or so and I was in that ecosystem. I was playing bit of Shovel Knight, I Am Setsuna etc smaller games but adds to the library.

Soon as I was done with Zelda which to me was underwhelming and that isn't the Switches fault as I could have played my Wii U version of the game, I moved on to the next big game which was Persona 5 on my PS4.

I've of course picked up Mario Kart 8D which is great but I've played it less then the Wii U version as with that version I did all the cups to unlock stuff, with MK8D I've basically only played multiplayer with you guys, where it has been pop Switch in the dock play some kart then undock Switch.

At the moment I love the hardware and I think it does have some great games that add to the library but the two big hitters haven't done anything for me as one I found underwhelming and the other I played on Wii U.

This like I said at the start this is before we get a New IP and a Sequel to a game that I didn't play much of on Wii U also it may start the process of a game a month up in-till December, which may learn about at E3.

I'm excited for the future of the platform going forward.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 11:42

Loved the first three months I've had with the Switch but I'm still looking for another single player game that gives me a similar time sink like BotW even though I know games like that can't appear every week/month. The e shop has had a superb start & the games I've bought from there have filled the gap nicely.

Plus I'll be returning to BotW when the expansions arrive.
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 11:46

I think it has probably got off to the best start of a console I can think of. It may have slowed down a little over the last couple of weeks, but it's not long until Arms and Splatoon so I'm not fussed.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 11:54

Aye, forgot to mention that I can't wait for Arms and Spla2n. Bounce
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 18:15

It's been an absolute belter. A fantastic machine that's left me feeling like I don't want to start games more traditional consoles. It launched with the best game ever made, it's given me multiplayer fun with Mario Kart, 1, 2 Switch, Quiplash and even Fast Racing. I've almost completed Shovel Knight again and I'm keen to get on with Plague and Spectre Knights' quests as well. I had an absolute blast on the Testfire and got really into the Testpunch.

Fantastic start for a phenomenal machine with exceptional games, and all signs point to things only getting better from here on out!
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 18:45

Too early for me to call, really, on the basis of my forty minutes on Puyo Puyo Tetris. Embarrassed That said, I'm not sold on the Joy-Con Grip controller formation and will probably be playing with the Joy-Cons separate from here on out. Really looking forward to getting into the eShop, which looks completely fabulous from where I'm standing. Er, can anyone recommend a decent SD card of immense size? Grin
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 18:58

I think that's why I'm more negative then you on the system Drunka as I've not done the whole multiplayer #bantz and you all know I'm more of a single player guy and part from Zelda, that for me has been limited on the Switch.

Where consoles have had worse games in the first 3 months (based on critical acclaim not my own), I've had more to play on them as they suit my tastes in gaming, no matter good or bad the hardware is.

On that with Pokken coming along with ARMS, Splatoon 2, Kart 8D it does seem Nintendo are focusing on Multiplayer with the Switch.

Zero something like this a Class 10, Decent Speed but UHS-I
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 18:59

Sorry to skip over you, Zero my man, but I've got no idea about SD cards, PPT, or controller problems!

But I'm really happy with the Switch. I'll be honest: there's nowt on the eShop that's grabbed me. But I don't think there really needs to be at the moment. BotW, MK8D, and maybe Quiplash: that's a brilliant brilliant early-days line-up. The best one-player and two of the best local multiplayer games I've ever played. And to those saying that two of those are Wii U games: not on the train they're not.

I hope they can keep it up. I don't think they'll be able to. But it's had a belter of a launch, and happily that's been reflected in salezzz. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 19:02

Balladeer wrote:
 And to those saying that two of those are Wii U games: not on the train they're not.

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 Http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fwii-u-on-a-train%2Fwii-shinkansen-play
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 19:22

I did that on a train ride once!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 19:37

I wonder if he 1. pulled out wires accidentally or 2. missed his stop because that looks like a pain put away......maybe he done both. Laughing Anyhoo this reminds of my train journey back from the meet up where I happily sat split joycons in hand playing GEM for about an hour and a half. Smile
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyTue 6 Jun 2017 - 21:06

I think the eShop selection has kept the Switch ticking over nicely and has made me try games I otherwise wouldn't, like THUMPER and Snipperclips to name but a couple. Add in some stellar multiplayer fun in MK8D and the Testpunch plus an arguable personal game of the year in BotW and you have a stellar first few months for the console. It's got a very bright future indeed. Grin
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 22:42

Yeah, very happy. Admittedly Zelda has managed to (a) occupy most of the first couple of months, and (b) meant that any other game I've played since has seemed disappointing, but it was neat playing Mario Kart 8 the other day, Switch in hand, with nary a worry about lag - and happy to play it again. We'll see what E3 brings, and the future holds, but chuffed so far. I haven't had to convince myself like with the WiiU!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 22:57

Just a quick note about the Pro Controller: an expensive but joyful piece of kit. Really loving it so far. Grin
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyThu 8 Jun 2017 - 23:46

It's absolutely been worth the money I paid for it. It'll get much more mileage with ARMS coming up too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptyFri 9 Jun 2017 - 10:56

Jimbob wrote:
Yeah, very happy. Admittedly Zelda has managed to (a) occupy most of the first couple of months, and (b) meant that any other game I've played since has seemed disappointing, but it was neat playing Mario Kart 8 the other day, Switch in hand, with nary a worry about lag - and happy to play it again. We'll see what E3 brings, and the future holds, but chuffed so far. I haven't had to convince myself like with the WiiU!

That's how I feel as well. The Switch seems like a quality bit of kit, and I'm more optimistic about it's future than I was about the Wii U's at any point between it's 2011 unveiling and it's demise around four weeks later.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptySat 17 Jun 2017 - 20:05

NoA has put this handy picture out to show what's now coming post E3, what you looking forward to and this certain looks like a great year one.
A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 Original

Myself Splatoon 2, Mario + Rabbids, Sonic Mania, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade 2, Sonic Forces
Maybes Pokken, LEGO Worlds, Skyrim
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 EmptySun 18 Jun 2017 - 7:41

Of the games on that list, genuine Zero must-haves are Sonic Mania, FIFA 18 and Super Mario Odyssey. The next one I feel most strongly about is Rocket League, followed by Splatoon 2 and Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 24 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 24 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next