Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 14:41

Well, what a prick! I now don't feel like ever buying Titanfall 2.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 14:51

I talked to EofGiz who is working on a few games, who has said this is very unprofessional especially with his role in the company, on such matters.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 15:41

Yep it's not only unprofessional it is down right stupid as it just waves goodbye to any potential business opportunity they could have had with them in the future just because he, for whatever personal reason doesn't like Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 16:02

Because a game about the mans getting into mechs and shooting other mans isn't a kid's idea for a game and therefore wouldn't fit on a kid console Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 16:47

Poor Nintendo. Their marketing for the Switch seems to be more targeted at older gamers than before - but they're fighting against years of media/gaming scene perception of them being for the kids only. Did no-one play Bayonetta 2?!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 16:53

Seeing it only sold 800k the answer is no, Zero.

IGN like I didn't bring up the kid thing which this guy did say, but let's gloss over that a second. He talks about the POWER or lack off, do you guys think that is do to how Nintendo are marketing the Switch as a home console.

Which he's gone we can't bring are games to that as it's to dam weak.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 18:08

mas wrote:
He talks about the POWER or lack off, do you guys think that is do to how Nintendo are marketing the Switch as a home console.

The power might be the issue but not the marketing as you'd think they'd have access to a dev kit to test these sort of things, like I said it sounds like a very personal outburst.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 18:23

I don't think it's a personal outburst at all, I think it's a very bothered-ness-and-money-driven one. Utterly unprofessional, but I'd be lying if I said I weren't worried. Another third-party developer can't be arsed - like, apparently, FIFA with EA.

This is another reason why Scullion's got something when he wishes the Switch was being marketed more as a handheld. A Nintendo handheld gets lots of fun games, not to mention a slew of JRPGs. A Nintendo home console gets slated for not having the latest triple-A releases. Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 18:27

I doubt Respawn even bothered buying any dev units, possibly they got another EA studio to lend th em some but thier is reports that a lot of studios haven't even received dev kits yet and why FIFA wasn't shown.

I can only agree with Balla and you can see that from the 3rd party games confirmed and likes of Rayman using the touch screen, which can only be used in portable mode.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 18:33

This is why I never truly liked the hybrid idea as it might just flip flop between the two and never get the best of either. Hope I'm wrong.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 18:39

Agreed completely. But what's done is done, and I only hope they get their marketing sorted now and take on board feedba-HAHAHAHAHAAAAA sorry couldn't finish that sentence.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 18:43

Indeed & even with that worry I'm still stupidly excited to get my hands on it.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 18:45

Let's be honest: nothing Respawn pump out with their high-powered fancy-boxes (nearly typed 'fanny-boxes', which would also have been good) is going to match up to BotW or SMO. Love
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 18:47

I view the big studios like EA and Ubisoft as analogous to the big Hollywoo Studios: They'll spend top dollah to make big films but they're still quite conservative and risk averse, preferring sequels and tested formulas over innovation.

So I think a hybrid console was always going to be something the big kids viewed with trepidation until it has been out on the market for a while. That said, I also still hold the view that the hybridity of the Switch is what's going to make it successful in the long run, but the key behind that working out is Nintendo. They've got to have a steady stream of high quality first party games that'll drive the system forward. If Ninters can do that, then I think the (probable) success of Skyrim will see the big wigs slowly adjust their strategy.

That won't necessarily mean games like Titanfall make it to the Switch, but lite versions of the big games is a definite thing that could work on a porta-system. Having said that though, I might only be interested in Lite versions of games if they similarly come with a lite price tag. Not sure that'll happen.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 19:39

Muss is bang on pretty much, it's up to Nintendo to make the Switch a successful, not EA. If Nintendo can, then like the Wii it will get the 3rd party games but thing there is as Muss points out, why would I buy a lite version when I can buy a full fledged version, which I believe will happen with Skyrim as people aren't going to be paying £40 for something that costs less to buy a actual Xbox 360 and the game.

Unique experiences is what will set it a part and how many of those did the GameBoy, GameBoy Colour, GameBoy Advance, DS, 3DS get over the years loads and thier must be developers out there, who want to make top end portable games and Square Enix with thier announcements seem to be one who do.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 20:44

My thinking is that Nintendo are going to soft launch it as a pseudo home console, with very little marketing, then around Christmas time start really pushing it as a handheld. By that point, there will be a software library, people like us will have done free beta testing and let all our friends have a go, and they'll be ready to let the 3DS family die and make space. In the meantime, they want the steady income of profit the 3DS brings, and they're happy to hang Wii U out to dry as it wasn't hugely profitable anyway.

In 2018, I think the marketing will be pretty clear that Switch is a handheld which can provide a home experience when necessary, and Nintendo's full weight will be behind it. For now, though, I think they're gonna push it as a home machine you can take on the go, or at best as a hybrid, to keep the 3DS alive a little longer.

P.S: Titanfall is brilliant, but he can fuck off with that chat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 21:22

I just hope we get the big portable releases, rather than Nintendo trying to string the 3DS' shelf life out by making them exclusive to that machine. Good to see Fire Emblem emerging, and Octopath looks handheld in style as well, but let's also have the properly handheld games: yer Hotel Dusk equivalents, yer Ghost Trick-a-likes, yer TWEWY-esque titles. And of course already existing handheld franchises, like yer Professor Laytons and yer Phoenix Wrights. I hope we get those sorts of things on Switch.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 21:26

I said it elsewhere but Reggie has hinted at both Monster Hunter and Yo-Kai Watch, we also know something Pokemon is the works. You didn't get much bigger then those three.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 22:11

Monster Hunter has a history on handhelds and home consoles. I think in Japan it does better on a handheld but over here, where people are more likely to play online than in cafes, people cry out for a home version. Fingers crossed Switch is the perfect compromise!

Last edited by Drunkalilly on Sat 21 Jan 2017 - 23:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 22:19

That doesn't make any sense Drunka, so both markets what a handheld Monster Hunter?
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 22:33

Balladeer wrote:
And of course already existing handheld franchises, like yer Professor Laytons and yer Phoenix Wrights.  I hope we get those sorts of things on Switch.

Lady Layton Switch. Inazuma Eleven Ares Switch. Ace Attorney 7 Switch. It's almost easier to get excited about those prospects than some of the stuff that's been announced. Cool
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySat 21 Jan 2017 - 23:11

masofdas wrote:
That doesn't make any sense Drunka, so both markets what a handheld Monster Hunter?

Ah, typo. I meant to say home version in the West.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySun 22 Jan 2017 - 6:02

I did think that but never know with you.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySun 22 Jan 2017 - 9:16

ZeroJones wrote:
Balladeer wrote:
And of course already existing handheld franchises, like yer Professor Laytons and yer Phoenix Wrights.  I hope we get those sorts of things on Switch.

Lady Layton Switch. Inazuma Eleven Ares Switch. Ace Attorney 7 Switch. It's almost easier to get excited about those prospects than some of the stuff that's been announced. Cool

Aye, all of those please! Also Bravely Third: Ringing Bells/Bringing 'Ells.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 EmptySun 22 Jan 2017 - 17:22

Yeah lots of great games which due to being on handheld, I rarely touch on a big screen I will more then likely will give them a play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next