We regret to inform you that we have cancelled Hollow Knight Silksong out of spite. Please understand.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)

Go down 
+15
fronkhead
gjones
OrangeRakoon
Treesmurf
Solve My Maze
Buskalilly
EofGizmo
Jimbob
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
JayMoyles
Balladeer
ZeroJones
masofdas
Muss
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 10:26

Double Post

NIS who have Disgaea 5 Complete planned for Switch have talked about the game and said it was easy to port to Switch from PS4 and they have been asked to bring it to VITA but it would have been a downgrade.

That not to downgrade, is why they targeted the Switch instead of VITA and have more games planned for the Switch now instead of the VITA.

They even basically say get a Switch get instead of a VITA now, if you want to play NIS games on a portable now, which does make sense as VITA is 5 years old this year.

Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 15:42

More news - I Am Setsuna is a launch-day download-only game. This interests me a great deal, mainly because it implies strongly that Switch owners will be able to buy stuff from the eShop (or equivalent) on day one. If that's the case, fabulous - any complaints about slight launch line-ups from people not in the Nintendo Defence Force (think I heard that from Chris Scullion first; I'm a Captain of many years standing Winky Face ) can go hang if there's a well-stocked eShop with many titles from different genres. Dance
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 15:59

Don't worry, I've been hearing accusations of being in the Nintendo Defence Force as long as I've had the internet.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 16:26

There's a tagline in this somewhere. Grin
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 17:47

So, I was looking up some things to do with the Switch UI and one video pointed out that at least 3 users can be logged in at the one time & I thought the only real need for that is if it has some form of achievement/trophy system so folk can earn those while in local multiplayer sessions.

Kotaku also asked Nintendo this:

Quote :
Is there a trophy or achievements system?

We have nothing to announce at this time.

Do you reckon it has them/do you even want them?
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 17:51

Been confirmed it can have up-to 8 users and can be any region, I'm hoping it works like PSN and XBL that I can buy DQX of a Japanese store but play on my personal UK account.

I think they will but won't be as robust as the other two, as it will be medals linked to My Nintendo which give rewards back to us.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 17:54

Sort of like UPLAY? I'd be happy with that.
Back to top Go down
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 17:55

I'm not really fussed, as long as I can turn off achievement notifications I don't Mind. I JUST Don't want a load of psn esque dings and ms blomps going off while I'm immersing myself in zelda.

(I don't know why my phone capitalised ,just, but I'm keeping it in)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 17:59

Yeah pretty much, not many things on it to do but you can get things back if you do things.

Iwata I'm sure said they wanted to reward gamers who buy and play games when they talked about My Nintendo and something like UPlay would be that.
Back to top Go down
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 19:10

In Tired Old Hack podcast 3, Chris and Meg (hmmm...) basically say that Nintendo need achievements just to keep up with the competition. I don't mind either way, myself.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 19:12

Pretty much was Muss said. Don't care if they have them so long as I can turn notifications off: I don't care about them one bit. But others will, so I hope they do.

Also NDF Captain Extraordinaire, reporting for duty! Remember, I modded CVG for a while. The s**t I got doing that... Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/ Online
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 19:31

We haven't really seen a replacement since the Stars catalogue died, so it might not be an achievements system but just a purchases one.

I'm with Muss, in that I couldn't care one way or the other about achievements but I don't like it when I'm absorbed in a game's world and story but every time I finish a level I get a little jingle.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyMon 23 Jan 2017 - 22:59

Drunkalilly wrote:
I'm with Muss, in that I couldn't care one way or the other about achievements but I don't like it when I'm absorbed in a game's world and story but every time I finish a level I get a little jingle.

"Mark my words, Ashen One; you remain among the accursed. *dies*"
"PLING!"

I think I do want achievement-like things. Two thoughts on this:
1) Nintendo previously said they would never have an achievement system, as they wanted users to play games their own way. However, they added Stamps to Wii Sports Resort, which were basically achievements, and then Miiverse Stickers as rewards for certain games. And actually, that might've been the way to go - you can have achievements, but they all have a sticker with them. Unfortunately Miiverse is also being phased out.
2) Nintendo's "layers of fun" would mean it'd be worth (re-)playing through sections to check of the 'chieves; something I don't bother to do on the PS4.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 0:10

I'm all for achievements, I love the ping, the PS4 even takes a screenshot now when you get one which I always enjoy, but most importantly it can help give extra legs to a game for some. I've never really felt like they've gotten in the way of how I play though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 3:08

It depends on the game for me. If it's Overwatch, or some action game, I don't really mind, a lil dinger is a nice little treat from time to time. If I'm meant to be wrapped up in a narrative then I don't like it. But it's optional on the PS so I can choose which games get the Ding Thumbs Up!
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 9:42

I've never felt that they distract me, if I'm really into a game I won't even notice it pop. Definitely up for an achievement system anyway, anything to push me on to go the extra mile/up the difficulty is a good thing for me.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 10:38

Drunkalilly wrote:
We haven't really seen a replacement since the Stars catalogue died, so it might not be an achievements system but just a purchases one.

My Nintendo was the replacement though

This is how its meant to work
A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 My-Nintendo

I play a Zelda, I beat Zelda, I get 50 medal points, I use points to get a theme for my Switch UI.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 11:04

It'd be nice if they ramp that up in terms of the rewards when Switch releases I just don't know if they will want to add missions to their main games on top of the mobile offerings as the set up is gold coins for digital purchases on console/handhelds & plat coins mainly come from mobile apps.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 11:11

I think that's due to the 3DS and Wii U online infrastructure being set-out before My Nintendo and games out before My Nintendo. Where mobile was after and could be implemented better and can track what you do.

I'm just speculating on from what is shown in the image and what Iwata said on rewarding gamers who buy and play their games, which My Nintendo was meant to be for.

Which it does doe but at the moment its just mobile which truly rewards gamers for playing.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 21:02

I was looking through MyNintendo just now, and I saw that Super Mario Run had something similar in place where you could earn rewards for playing through and beating the game. I'd quite like to see that coming to Switch - it's one of the better part of Ubisoft's system where you could earn a skin or an extra mission to play through rewards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 21:16

Crumpy Andy wrote:
Definitely up for an achievement system anyway, anything to push me on to go the extra mile/up the difficulty is a good thing for me.

This is my big bugbear with achievements, albeit it comes from a place of relative ignorance since I'm only familiar with the kinds on e.g. Newgrounds before it went tripe. If a game is fun enough you should do this anyway. You shouldn't need the pointless lure of pointless points. If you're - wait, that's not fair - if I'm being made to do something for the lure of an increased gamerscore or what have you, I probably wouldn't be doing it otherwise, meaning I probably wouldn't be enjoying it otherwise, meaning I'm probably not actually enjoying it now.
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 21:18

I'll be honest - after Miitomo I don't think I've been back into the My Nintendo site. Why's this not just built into the eShop?
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 21:28

Balladeer wrote:
Crumpy Andy wrote:
Definitely up for an achievement system anyway, anything to push me on to go the extra mile/up the difficulty is a good thing for me.

This is my big bugbear with achievements, albeit it comes from a place of relative ignorance since I'm only familiar with the kinds on e.g. Newgrounds before it went tripe.  If a game is fun enough you should do this anyway.  You shouldn't need the pointless lure of pointless points.  If you're - wait, that's not fair - if I'm being made to do something for the lure of an increased gamerscore or what have you, I probably wouldn't be doing it otherwise, meaning I probably wouldn't be enjoying it otherwise, meaning I'm probably not actually enjoying it now.

I think the simple answer to this, as blunt as it sounds, is just don't bother with them. I've plenty of games with half finished trophy lists purely because I felt no desire to go above and beyond. But for the games that I do fancy going through again or finishing 100%, a trophy or achievement is only an added bonus. It's probably tempted me to go back to games where I was on the fence about doing so, and more often than not I was glad I did.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 21:41

Ha, I wish it were that simple. But the same addictive personality that's making me play through Picross 3D 2, a game with decent gameplay for scant reward, is unlikely to take it lying down.

Anyway, I'm not even talking about mediocre games: there's going to be a most enjoyable way for me to play BotW, which might not be the same way as for Andy or Drunka or Awesomedude, and I don't care for anything that tries to make me play it otherwise. And for all that you say 'just ignore them', I bet there are people here with less addictive personalities who've played games they didn't care for, or games in ways they didn't care for, to rack up pointless points.

THAT SAID, if you can turns the pings off and shove them into the back of the metaphorical gaming wardrobe, I can pretend they don't exist altogether. And I do want them to happen, if only because so many others do.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 EmptyTue 24 Jan 2017 - 21:47

Balladeer wrote:
if you can turns the pings off and shove them into the back of the metaphorical gaming wardrobe, I can pretend they don't exist altogether.  

This is key to me, for many reasons. I think it is possible on the other two, and I'm hopeful it would be on Nintendo machines as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)   A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II) - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Switch in Time (General Switch Chat II)
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next