We will make an announcement about the successor to GNamer within this fiscal decade.

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread

Go down 
+15
Rum
gjones
The Cappuccino Kid
Treesmurf
Balladeer
Muss
Crumpy Andy
Jimbob
The_Jaster
ZeroJones
OrangeRakoon
JayMoyles
masofdas
NintenDUCK
Buskalilly
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty12/02/22, 02:15 pm

I hope it's not just the forum's feeling, and that almost anybody decent who'd known what was going on would have felt the same. Bit more complicated with Kotick and his board of supporters hopefully being kicked out at the end of the MS negotiations, but that 'hopefully' is doing a lot of heavy lifting.

Anyway, bargains! There's a big eShop sale at the moment and Chris Scullion's done a massive list of some of the best ones. I've picked up the Taiko no Tatsujin RPGs based solely on price, and might be tempted by Brothers: a Tale as well. Also one more game that I'm not going to reveal yet (Mas knows it already). Anybody else shelled out for anything?
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty12/02/22, 02:33 pm

I'm going to have a look at his list, as said elsewhere there's a lot to go through and I am very much aww that's cheap or that has a lot off, more so then what I would actually play.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty12/02/22, 04:34 pm

Balladeer wrote:
Anyway, bargains!  There's a big eShop sale at the moment and Chris Scullion's done a massive list of some of the best ones.  I've picked up the Taiko no Tatsujin RPGs based solely on price, and might be tempted by Brothers: a Tale as well.  Also one more game that I'm not going to reveal yet (Mas knows it already).  Anybody else shelled out for anything?

I didn't know those Taiko no Tatsujin RPGs existed! I might be tempted into buying them too. I've only played the actual drumming game once at a friend's flat who got the drums out, but I've never shelled out for the kit myself because it felt a bit too decadent.

Otherwise, I'm tempted by
- The OlliOlli pack for a couple of quid;
- Curious about Panzer Dragoon, though I've never taken the plunge, even though it is only a fiver;
- Horizon Chase Turbo too, because Cappa and gjones love it - though I don't have the same nostalgia for arcade racers!;
- Piczle Cross Adventure, which I had never heard of but sounds like my jam.

Would you recommend Darkside Detective, Balla?
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty12/02/22, 06:07 pm

I would!  Especially at sale prices.  It's a pretty traditional point-and-click (DIGRESSION ALERT: Chris' list also covered the Deponia games, but I found the first one too traditional, complete with achingly slow back-and-forth travel), but it's fast-paced for the genre and very funny.  The sequel's even better to my mind.

I'm also tempted by the Piczle Cross games... urgh.  Might have to have a peer and let myself be swayed perhaps...

EDIT: I was all set to buy Piczle Lines DX, since I'm a bit sick of regular Picross and it looked like something different at only £4.19; but there's a demo., and in this case I'm afraid it winkled them out of a sale. Slow loading times, annoying audio, and a slightly lacklustre puzzling energy turned me off. Part of me thinks I'm being overly picky for a £4.19 discount... Meh
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty13/02/22, 08:43 am

Chris Scullion recommends a game there that I've already got a review typed up for. A 2/10 review. I'll back him up on Crazy BMX World though, that's an enjoyable compilation of three nicely-made 3DS eShop games. LIMBO for 89p is unmissable too, though who doesn't have it by now?

I wasn't mad for Panzer Dragoon to be honest, feeling a bit under-budgeted and smelling a bit mouldy. I'm sure Buskalilly liked it though, and maybe you trust his opinion more than mine. Horizon Chase Turbo is pure class, although you can try it for free on mobile if you're on the fence about paying for it.

The big game I'll recommend is one that seems to have been totally missed by all the major outlets. It's called Bonito Days, it's £3.99, it's essentially Monkey Target fleshed out as a full game, early impressions are excellent.

Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty13/02/22, 09:13 am

I liked Panzer Dragoon but with caveats; its very brief and a little weird.
Like the look of Bonito Days though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty13/02/22, 10:52 am

On Limbo, Inside also super cheap.

Panzer Dragoon is great but it is a Saturn game that looks better, but hey that what Nintendo does with StarFox make the N64 one over and over.
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty13/02/22, 12:04 pm

The Cappuccino Kid wrote:
Chris Scullion recommends a game there that I've already got a review typed up for. A 2/10 review.

We want names!
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty13/02/22, 12:39 pm

I don't know what it'll be but he did also recommend my Bum Poo Wee game from last year which is absolutely not worth your time or money, even on sale.

Asda have had a few of last year's Nintendo games on sale in store, Skyward Sword, Pokémon Snap and Mario Golf were all £30 and Miitopia and Wario Ware were £25.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty13/02/22, 01:29 pm

What was BPW?

None of us put about Tesco who are getting out of Video Games and had stuff like Pokémon Snap for a Tenner.
Back to top Go down
Treesmurf
Dry Metal Baby Princess
Treesmurf

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty13/02/22, 01:32 pm

I'm assuming all the Tesco stuff is gone before anyone can mention it anyway right? I should have had a look myself to be honest. The BPW was Art Sqool, it has an amusing little song and a slight sense of humour but it doesn't actually work on Switch, might be ok on Steam perhaps.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/treesmurf11/featured
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty13/02/22, 01:39 pm

I would think so, just if can might be worth a look. Mine only BF2042 for £16, everything else seemed to be RRP which I guess price changes not done, yet it was just your FIFA's, COD's anyway nothing exciting.

Saw Art Sqool was a game Scully had on his list.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty13/02/22, 05:27 pm

I saw that too, and damn near laughed out loud after remembering the shellacking Smurf gave it!

Rum wrote:
Chris Scullion recommends a game there that I've already got a review typed up for. A 2/10 review.

We want names!

This!  Don't let somebody blunder into a mistake!
Back to top Go down
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty13/02/22, 08:34 pm

Balladeer wrote:
I saw that too, and damn near laughed out loud after remembering the shellacking Smurf gave it!

Rum wrote:

We want names!

This!  Don't let somebody blunder into a mistake!

I bet I know which one it is, but I'll grab the popcorn and wait to find out!
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty17/02/22, 12:02 pm

LEGO City Undercover for £14.99 (cartridge) at Argos:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6734088.htm?cmpid=APP003

Thought this was excellent on Wii U.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty17/02/22, 03:03 pm

I'm a big fan of Panzer Dragoon, the main downside is that the remake is horribly optimised so despite being such a short game and still looking old, it's like 8GB. Which means I deleted it after I finished it, despite it being the kind of game I wish I had to hand to have a quick play of now and again. Properly annoying missed opportunity and not a fault of the game itself!

Lego City Undercover is excellent, the only downside on Switch are frequent crashes that get worse the further into the game you get. I wasn't able to 100% and hoover up the collectibles because it reached a state of crashing too frequently.
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
Jimbob
Bargain Hunter
Jimbob

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty19/02/22, 07:19 pm

OrangeRakoon wrote:
Lego City Undercover is excellent, the only downside on Switch are frequent crashes that get worse the further into the game you get. I wasn't able to 100% and hoover up the collectibles because it reached a state of crashing too frequently.
Although I would have to say the WiiU version also did that. There was at least one thing I couldn't pick up without hearing the dreaded buzz of doom.
Back to top Go down
https://cat-in-eight-bytes.itch.io/
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty03/03/22, 08:48 am

My vote for the Best Worst Game on Switch, Taxi Chaos is down to £11.99 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08YGFBF8Z/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_T9TSKS16PESG6YM0WXXK
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty07/03/22, 04:36 pm

In the US of A is MAR10 eShop sale with most games down to $40.

CDKeys don't have any codes available, but Eneba (You could shop around) does where you can get $50 for £35.51 or you could buy two $20 vouchers for £29.  

I've got Mario Kart 8 which is the game I'd most want on the system at all times, however for £29 I am tempted by SM3DW + BF. I only want to play BF though, why I've not bought the game yet, though if BF was a standalone game like Miles Morales or ODST for about £30 then I think I would have bought it.

Yeah, anyway Mario games for £30ish.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty08/03/22, 11:03 am

I saw a hoverbikes racing game called Overground for 89p, and I had 85p of gold coins so I got it for four pence. I'll let you know if its not shite.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty22/03/22, 05:14 pm

Jings! Skyward Sword HD for only £19.95 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08X2HNT4D?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&tag=pepperugc03-21&ascsubtag=2327350874
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty22/03/22, 06:32 pm

I'd be right on that if I wasn't a sanctimonious "no more Amazon for me!" boy now. (I haven't bought anything from there since 2020! No more Amazon for me!)
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty22/03/22, 07:23 pm

See if the guy in that Gamemaster Games Exchange on Leith Walk will do it for the same price 👍
Back to top Go down
Rum
Disciple of Greener
Rum

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty23/03/22, 05:45 pm

I think they've closed down Aww!
Back to top Go down
The Cappuccino Kid
Lumen Sage
The Cappuccino Kid

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty24/03/22, 08:29 pm

Gutted. I guess there wasn’t much of a market for a shop that exclusively stocked a dozen copies of every EA Sports game from between 1993 and 2002.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread   yearoftheswitch - Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread - Page 20 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Switch Bargains Thread
Page 20 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next