Nintendo in encouraging Emio-lation shocker

HomeHome  DiscordDiscord  TwitterTwitter  YouTubeYouTube  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  GintendoGintendo  GRcadeGRcade  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Switch games are you buying?

Go down 
+10
gjones
Crumpy Andy
The_Jaster
Athrun888
Balladeer
ZeroJones
JayMoyles
Muss
Buskalilly
masofdas
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

Switch games are you buying?  Empty
PostSubject: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptySun 19 Feb 2017 - 12:51

We now arrive at maybe one of the madness months due to new hardware

Retail Games:

Switch games are you buying?  2016102016466_1
Best of the Rest:

What about you guys?
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptySun 19 Feb 2017 - 16:18

The Dark Souls III DLC I've already paid for and will be playing the heck out of naturally.

The other big one for me is Mass Effect. I love that universe, I love the writing and characters, I love the combat and having a nice amount of exploration will be a big plus for me. When I played the original, I was in a hurry to play 2 and 3 but that won't be the case this time. For that same reason, I don't think I'll be playing it that much straight away, but waiting until other games with swords and monsters are wrapped up and I can just give myself to the Andromeda galaxy 100%.

Other than that, just my 10 copies of Bomberman and a trip to the pictures for the 8th Wonder of the World.
Back to top Go down
https://www.gintendo.co.uk/a-luke-at-japan
Muss
Shiny Shuckle
Muss

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptySun 19 Feb 2017 - 16:56

Zelda.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptySun 19 Feb 2017 - 17:35

@Drunka what you're saying is why I love Mass Effect Trilogy but I'm not convinced by any of the trailers we've seen for Andromeda and can this team bring everything that made the Trilogy so good.
Back to top Go down
JayMoyles
Galactic Nova
JayMoyles

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptySun 19 Feb 2017 - 17:38

Zelda.

...although I'll also likely pick up The Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth+ and maaaybe Bomberman R.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jamesjmoyles.blogspot.com
ZeroJones
I'M SO LONELY
ZeroJones

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptySun 19 Feb 2017 - 18:06

Mario Sports Superstars for me. Also Logan, Dr. Strange, Beauty and the Beast, Fantastic Beasts and GotG Vol. 2.
Back to top Go down
Balladeer
DIVINE LONELINESS
Balladeer

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptySun 19 Feb 2017 - 18:20

Nothing.

Much.

Apart from the Switch, a couple of extra Joy-Cons maybe, BotW, 12S, Snipperclips, Shovel Knight again...

Oh and probably Mario Sports Superstars if I can be bothered.
Back to top Go down
https://balladsandwords.wordpress.com/
Athrun888
Sheegoth
Athrun888

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 7:36

Quality month for games this is, Horizon has had my eye for a while (of course there's no way it can compete with Zelda, but then what can!), Breath of the Wild which is likely contender for game of the decade if it delivers (certainly adventure game of the decade at the very least!), and more exposure for the glory of the Danganronpa franchise (won't be buying it myself though, the portability on the Vita makes it great for some bed-time reading!)

I'll likely get Breath of the Wild if I can rustle up the money (already got a ton to buy and subscriptions to renew next month so that's debatable, if it comes down to choosing a mecha model kit I've hoped to see made for over a decade or Zelda, well, lets just say Link's waiting a month), Nier Automata and Horizon will likely join the collection whenever I get around to buying a PS4.

And yes, I did indeed just make a post with nothing but compliments over a months release. Hell froze over last night and some pigs were spotted flying to the moon by a local astronomer! #FakeNews
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 8:30

No Zelda, Mr Zero

Disappointed no one has said they may get Fast RMX for some multiplayer fun or I Am Setsuna to show we won't RPGs on the system.

@Athrun I'll be playing Horizon (88 on meta at the moment with only 3 negative reviews out of 63) and Zelda back to back, that it's going to be real easy for me to compare the two.

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 9:25; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 9:02

A Switch & BotW, the other stuff like Bomberman & whatever takes my fancy on the eShop can wait until a few weeks later. For PS4 I'll be after Ghost Recon & Mass effect though the latter may not be a day one buy because my backlog has got quite stupid recently.

(It doesn't help that all I want to play on there at the minute is PES & R6 Siege)
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 9:27

Am I seriously the only one getting Horizon, is it because it is basically the same day as Zelda or you just not interested in it?

Last edited by masofdas on Mon 20 Feb 2017 - 9:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 9:33

The former for me, plus I only have so much money. Even I'm not going to have time to get anything out of that before Zelda on a new console hits. Only other game I know I'm getting this month is Mass Effect Andromeda.

Interested in getting Ghost Recon, Atelier Firis, Nier and possibly Kingdom Hearts at some point, but just don't got the funds/time.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 9:48

Andy getting Kingdom Hearts Suspect as I thought you didn't like them?

Know one else is worried about Mass Effect then hmm
Back to top Go down
Crumpy Andy
Zeta Metroid
Crumpy Andy

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 9:57

I think the first game is a pile of crap fo'sho', but I've heard it does improve in the second.
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 10:00

Hmm from what I've just played of Birth by Sleep 0.2 Fragmentary Passage the combat system is still basic, which I think you said was one of your issues with the series.
Back to top Go down
gjones
Disciple of Scullion
gjones

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 10:07

I've just read the IGN review of Horizon and I'm now interested, although it's a big game that I tend to steer clear of these days. My PS4 is primarily a PES machine - I've tried Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Doom and others but none have grabbed me. Saying that, PS+ has generated a healthy library of indie games to work through and if I was to buy any new game, it would probably be Nioh. I really want to get in to Dark Souls but the combat leaves me frustrated - a Team Ninja take on Dark Souls may be my thing.
Back to top Go down
OrangeRakoon
Disciple of Greener
OrangeRakoon

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 11:27

SWITCH ZELDA

Who knows I might get Bomberman or 1-2-Switch too, waiting on reviews

I want Horizon but it's up against Zelda so it's not happening. Ghost Recon actually interests me more, but it likely won't be purchase for a while - especially as I'm going on holiday in mid march.

Didn't realise Toukiden 2 was out next month, so I'll keep an eye on that. First game was fun, although I never got too far and didn't get the Kiwami enhanced rerelease.

Splatoon 2 Testfire will be played B) Loved the testfire for the first game - I just hope the servers are up at the right time for me to play!

And gotta go see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 for sure
Back to top Go down
http://www.orkn.uk
shanks
Raging Pedant
shanks

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 12:31

Zelda (switch) and maybe Mario sports to give switch a break from time to time.
Otherwise:
Doc Strange
Iron fist
Logan
Power ranger (I have to see how bad it really will be)
Fantastic beasts
Guardians

And maybe a few of the Zelda Amiibo if about, didn't pre order any will take the chance
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 12:45

Pretty bonkers month for films, actually.
Logan definitely.
Power Rangers, for my sins, I have to check out.
Guardians will be quality I'm sure.
KONG KONG KONG KONG KONG KONG

Then you got your wizards out on DVD and you got Iron Fist on the Netflix.
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 14:33

I didn't notice Guardians in there this morning so I'm well up for that along with Logan & Kong, the latter of which has a cracking cast.
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 15:32

Apes and dinosaurs? Yeah it does!
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 16:25

You know it!
Back to top Go down
masofdas
The Next Aonuma
masofdas

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 16:42

Drunkalilly wrote:
Apes and dinosaurs? Yeah it does!

Thier not Dinosaurs
Back to top Go down
The_Jaster
Din
The_Jaster

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 18:09

mas wrote:
Thier

That's the third brother of Thor & Loki, right? Razz
Back to top Go down
Buskalilly
Farore
Buskalilly

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  EmptyMon 20 Feb 2017 - 22:40

I know they're not actually dinosaurs this time. I've tried not to look too much, but what I've seen do look pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Switch games are you buying?    Switch games are you buying?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Switch games are you buying?
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next